[DOA] Unreal Championship 2: The Liandri Conflict (Xbox) for 19.82 @ Walmart.com

WOnder how long it'll take walmart to realize their screw up...do they usually bait and switch;iow, do they keep your your order but bump it up to the correct price charging you more, or do they just cancel it? they did the same thing with unreal 2 for xbox, but i'm not if they baited and switched or canceld orders?

Hey since it costs $19.82 to "preorder" it, does this mean theyll charge me the rest of the money later?

If it holds it is an awesome deal. Thanks MM3_XBOX. I had just been reading about the game and thought it looked really sweet. I think the making different characters have different attributes will work better than most other games that have tried it because of the melee combat.

01/10/2005

Holy Shaq-Fu that is my Birthday! (Minus 15 years)

Also, it says
icon_97cent_ship_81x23.gif

Why does the total come to 22.80?

Thanks. Gave it a shot. I figure worst case scenario, I can always take it back to Wal-Mart and get my money back if they charge me $49.99

WRONG! Search for it and you will get 2 results. It is the Guide again.

and right after I ordered....I cancelled.

Wow, Wal Mart sucks at labeling their items...thanks for looking out JoMasta, i'll label this as DOA

[quote name='JoMasta']WRONG! Search for it and you will get 2 results. It is the Guide again.

and right after I ordered....I cancelled.[/quote]
Actually, you get 3 results...The guide is $10.

I sent off a mail to walmart to check exactly what this item was and this is what I got back today in my email:
Thank you for contacting us at Walmart.com. Your comments and questions
are very important to us as we strive to meet your needs.

We are writing in response to your email about the Unreal Championship
2: The Liandri Conflict Xbox. I do show that this is a game and it is
not due to be released until 01/10/2005.

If we may be of further assistance, please email us at [email protected],
or call us at 1-800-966-6546. We're here to serve you from 7:00 AM EST
to 2:00 AM EST, 7 days a week!

Any thoughts on this

hmm...I ordered it, but it sounds very fishy. Could just be luring customers and then cancelling the orders saying they had the right price posted anyway.

{this is such a old thread} just wanted to post that I finally got a shipping confirmation on this deal. Been waiting a long time - our original orders were pre-ordered way back in the beginning of November. Hopefully there were a few others that got in on this.... I think it was just a "checking deals at the right time". Woot Woot!! :)

Got my shipment info today. Weird, since I got an email saying my order was cancelled by them way back when. Looks like this game got good reveiws, too.

Qty Description Each Total
-----------------------------------------------------------
1 Unreal Championship 2: The Liandri ... 19.82 19.82
Will arrive between Monday, 04/25/05, and Thursday, 04/28/05

PS, this is for the game, not a guide, as the link to the product in my order history takes me to the game for the price of $49.xx:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=3132847

I heard way back when this started some got cancellations - I never got one though. I figured I would just sit back for the ride. Glad you were able to get in on it. It does sound like it will be a fun game, the demo was cool in the xbox magazine.

My copy came in the mail today, much to my surprise as I recall getting a cancellation e-mail from them and didn't get an e-mail shipping confirmation either. They charged me $19.82 plus $2.98 for shipping and tax.

It's nice when you get a great game in the mail for $30 below retail price, especially when you thought the deal was dead!

That's so damn weird....I just checked to be sure but back on November 6th it says that order I placed for Unreal is cancelled....People are still getting it even though they got a cancellation notice and an e-mail....I don't know if that 's necessarily good considering I thought this deal was DOA and people are getting shipped (with no shipping confirm per mick 16) and charged for an item that was supposedly cancelled.........

I got the cancellation email as well, and the game just arrived today, with an invoice of $21.xx.

EDIT: Called the wrong CC company the first time around, so I called the other one - No charges from Wal-Mart-----Called Wal-Mart (to check the status only), gave the CSR the order number, and asked her for the status - "Cancelled. Not Shipped. Not Billed." = FREE (for now at least, LOL) :whistle2:D

The Big W came through BIG TIME! :)

Got my copy today also..But I never got a cancel notice..My order always said pending so I just left it...=)

Got my copy today after receiving a cancellation notice. I'm thinking I'm going to return it for a Splinter Cell Chaos Theory.

For any of you who jumped on the preorder mistake at Walmart way back when (think it was October) for UC2, I've got good news. We all originally received emails taht it was a mistake so they cancelled our orders, but apparently they forgot to tell shipping about the mistake. I just received my copy! Here's the best part though, billing DID get the memo as they haven't charged my card! So, anybody else that did this, you may get a surprise package soon!

Thanks to whoever originally posted this deal.

bread's done
Back