DoA Xtreme 2 (NEW) - $9.99 @ Gamestop

Johniel1310

CAG Veteran
Hello all,

Went to GameStop yesterday and they had a new copy of DoA Xtreme 2 for $9.99. If you're like me and prefer buying new over used, this is a good deal.

Good luck!

I'm a 23 year old male who likes the absurd. Same reason I played Rumble Roses, it's just so ridiculous. (and i only got it because a girl wanted me to get it, honest)
Do want!

[quote name='Arkay Firestar']Is it better or worse than the xbox original?[/quote]I remember reading the reviews and it said the volleyball is worse.

[quote name='Master Shake']I remember reading the reviews and it said the volleyball is worse.[/quote]
But the jiggle physics are next-gen-outta-this-world.

Blah...pass.

It's a relationship building game with difficulty on par with Ninja Gaiden except due to tedium/randomness instead of skill requirements.

The volleyball is worse (re: harder and uncontrollable) than the previous incarnation and the other games are kind of useless... the jetskiing is kind of fun, but it gets old.

It's probably worth $10 if you're a hardcore DOA fan, though.

[quote name='GuardianE']It's probably worth $10 if you're a hardcore DOA fan, though.[/quote]
- Can you put Tengu in the Venus? :)

I played it after a friend bought it, much harder game then I thought it would be. Volleyball kicked my ass for awhile then the game moved on to more relationship and bonding parts which are kinda tricky , too much work for a T&A game.

The volleyball sucks, the online sucks(when you find someone to play against), and the acheivements are ridiculously difficult

I bought this game for $7 new a few months back, and I overpaid

If you want a game full of pixel semi-pr0nz, opt for Rumble Roses instead.

Damn. Thats too bad to hear the VB game play sucks. With the Olympics going on, Ive been trying to think of a VB game to pick up for the 360 and this was all I could think of. Are there any other good VB games out there?

[quote name='manthing']The volleyball sucks, the online sucks(when you find someone to play against), and the acheivements are ridiculously difficult

I bought this game for $7 new a few months back, and I overpaid

If you want a game full of pixel semi-pr0nz, opt for Rumble Roses instead.[/quote]

You overpaid? I paid $20 for this poo poo from this same retailer.

This game is not worth anyone's time. Too much work to see some Double Dragons.

This game is pretty good if you've played the previous game, but I prefer the original wayyy more. They just added to much crap and ruined it a bit. And yes the volleyball game in this game sucks.

I actually did like the original game and it's unfortunate that the original game isn't backwards compatible (due to a lack of pressure sensitive buttons on the 360).

I really would like a good volleyball game. The Xbox original was good. DOA always excells at the extreme physics, which isn't the selling point for me. Anyone who has it, is the volleyball that bad over the original? Are the side games just plain dumb?

I picked it up when it was at the 19.99/17.99 mark. I too was disappointed to see it wasnt as great as the original. It does have its value, the collection purposes can get addicting, especially when attempting to get the achievements. But once I put down my controller, I couldnt pick it up agian. Eh, I'm a pretty big DOA fan though, I was going to pick it up at the full price mark, but I'm somewhat satisfied that I was able to get it cheaper. Very few people do believe me though when I tell them that I didnt buy it for the Double Dragons but because I like the series, they laugh....and then I beat them at DOA4. Hehehe...

$10 is not bad, although someone would probably have to pay me $10 to listen to another second of that awful soundtrack.

[quote name='will530']$10 is not bad, although someone would probably have to pay me $10 to listen to another second of that awful soundtrack.[/quote]

The soundtrack fit perfectly. It was light-hearted, up-beat music that was supposed to relax you. Although I thought the first game had the better soundtrack top to bottom(get your minds out of the gutter, dumbasses!:lol:).

I picked up DOA:X2 day one.....full price.....it just wasn't worth it. And while the double dragons did factor in to my purchase it wasn't the only reason. I am a Team Ninja fan. They saved my Xbox from being traded into GameStop. I'll be loyal to them for years to came as long as they don't break DOA5, if their making it that is.

Team Ninja has really let me down this generation, DOA4 didn't meet the standard DOA:U set. It played faster but they left in the "press forward to block mid kicks" counter system from DOA:U. It worked with DOA:U's slower gameplay but it felt un-needed after the pacing changes and the harder difficulty that were in DOA4.

DOA:XBV was better than X2 as all the issues mentioned in this thread are right on the money. It's worth $10, but that's about it. The volleyball does not work as well as the first one, the jet ski game can't even come close to Wave Race: Blue Storm, and it is still too difficult to gift swimsuits. The game is too frustrating for the relaxed atmosphere the beaches and the music give off. They broke more than they fixed. I wonder if Itagaki leaving will lead to changes for the better with TN games from now on?

It seems like this gen's TN games are just higher-res, prettier versions of their Xbox 1 games.

It's worth it.

I paid $20 or $30.

It's the best Jet Ski game on the 360, or on any console since Wave Race on the N64.

the original was pretty good...and yea perfect for feeding off the olympics beach volleyball...if this is similar to original then not a bad deal.

Thanks op for some reason i wanted this crappy game. I called a few stores asking if they had any "new sealed" copies. One said they did so I headed down there. Upon arrival I find that they have a sealed (green xbox seal) still unbroken but no plastic wrap? What the hell is GS doing? I dont buy a ton of games there, but is this normal? Why do they refuse to sell new games unopened?

Electronic Boutique never pulled this crap.

bread's done
Back