Doctor Who Deals?

CombatCraig

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I recently got into the new series of Doctor Who and really want to buy the DVDs. Based off Amazon, Google, and few forums it appears these never go on sale? So does everyone pay > $60 for these or do they ever go on sale?

[quote name='CombatCraig']I recently got into the new series of Doctor Who and really want to buy the DVDs. Based off Amazon, Google, and few forums it appears these never go on sale? So does everyone pay > $60 for these or do they ever go on sale?[/QUOTE]

Sorry man -- you missed out on a sale a while back, though they didn't go down that much -- I think ~$45.

I have the first two seasons but haven't picked up the others. I lost interest in Season 3 but Season 4 was amazing. That said, I just didn't think I'd ever re-watch Season 4. Recently watched the last Tennant episode and while it was a long regeneration process, it was nice to see him say good-bye to his companions and friends.

Matt Smith and Karen Gillam have a lot to live up to. Matt Smith's face I admit reminds me of both Eccleston and Tennant, though :) Karen looks like someone off the WB. That said, I don't think anyone could replace Rose for me (and I mean the Rose from Seasons 1 and 2 -- I honestly couldn't stand her in Season 4 -- Billie Piper just seemed to have lost how she played the character, sadly).

What about the Barnes and Noble sale Buy 2 Get 1 sale? 33% off those may actually be a deal. Looks like they only have seasons 1 and 4 on their web page--but may be able to find in the store.

I was gonna pick up series one and a couple of the specials at my suncoast. The one near me is closing and once it hit 50% off all but a couple of specials disappeared and the original stuff.

I managed to find 2,3 and 4 used at secondspin.com for around $35 each at different times when they've had good sales, then received 1 for Xmas this year.

Secondspin currently has 2 copies of series 4 and 1 copy of series 1 for $48.99 each. They're running a B2G1 sale right now too.

edit: If you have a region free player, the region 2 sets are pretty cheap from amazon.co.uk ex: series 1 is ~$21 + s/h

Last edited by a moderator:
THey had on Amazon prob 2-3 months ago for $32/season. I was gonna jump on that but held off. But they are hardly ever on sale.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']All 4 seasons are streaming on Netflix. That's how I watched them.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. Get yourself a netflix subscription and stream them. end up much cheaper than buying the dvd's/

bread's done
Back