Doctor Who fans?

AshleyC

CAG Veteran
[FONT=&quot]Hi everyone! I am here on behalf of BBC America and wanted to make sure everyone know that the US premiere of Doctor Who is THIS Saturday, April 17 at 9/8c. There's alao a couple great new interviews and clips on the offical website, definitely check them out!
[/FONT]

that's great, going to miss ol DT, but the new crew is shaping up nice.

Glad that BBC is going to air the shows someone close to the original airdate.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']I've already watched the first 2 episodes of the new season. I must say they're pretty brilliant.[/QUOTE]

Totally agree, Moffat is kicking serious ass. Too bad Matt Smith is a hideous troll, though.

I'm waiting to watch the new episodes since they are airing them close to the BBC airdate. I just wish I had BBCA HD. That would be awesome.

This is the eleventh doctor and they can supposidly have 12 regens (13 lives)

There's been references to possible ways around the limit though so I'm sure they'll come up with some excuse to go beyond 13, heh

[quote name='Number83']Question...what number Doctor are we on now? I mean Time Lords can only have 12 lives, correct? What happens then?[/QUOTE]

this is 11th... I would guess they could come up a weird way to prolong the series... plus there is the doctor's daughter out there too, but I don't know think she's a TL.

I caught an episode of Doctor Who a while back. It was quite possibly one of the worst shows I had seen in my entire life, so I ran to imdb to see if other people agreed. Nope. It is actually a popular show.

[quote name='BigPopov']This is the eleventh doctor and they can supposidly have 12 regens (13 lives)

There's been references to possible ways around the limit though so I'm sure they'll come up with some excuse to go beyond 13, heh[/QUOTE]

Thats what I was thinking...didn't The Master do this by stealing bodies? We can't have the Doctor doing that though.

Huge doctor who fan! I can't wait for the new season, though at first I was a little reluctant about Matt Smith. I didn't realize that the first two episodes had already been aired, I usually would download them as soon as they aired in the UK. I preferred to watch them that way since Sci-Fi or Syfy as they call it now used to edit parts out of the show. Not sure if BBC America did that too. Either way, really excited for a season of Judo chopping action.

[quote name='Number83']Thats what I was thinking...didn't The Master do this by stealing bodies? We can't have the Doctor doing that though.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I think so. The Master definitely got to the end of his regen cycle. There's an ep where he basically a skeleton and he uses the Sash of Rassilon on Gallifrey to restart his cycle, or something. There was no mention of that in the new series when he turned up mind you.

I'm liking the new series and new Dr so far.

Correct, Matt Smith is the eleventh Doctor. FYI - we just added another great clip to the website from Wednesday night's fan screening at the East Village Cinema with Matt Smith, Karen Gillan and Steven Moffat. We're getting close!

There's a FAQ asking how many lives the Doctor has left. BBC says he can have more, now that he's the Time Lord Victorious.

Man, I didn't know the Doctor had Super-Shawn Spencer powers. Will they write an entire mystery episode, or do we have to wait until next year.

[quote name='detectiveconan16']There's a FAQ asking how many lives the Doctor has left. BBC says he can have more, now that he's the Time Lord Victorious.

Man, I didn't know the Doctor had Super-Shawn Spencer powers. Will they write an entire mystery episode, or do we have to wait until next year.[/QUOTE]That sounds like some Highlander shit there.

I wish the gubmint gave more money to PBS, so they can afford to show Doctor Who just like in the good ole days. I'd even be happy if they showed the old series.

I caught this for the first time the other day, this new season. Whatever that blob is, did anyone else get reminded of Zelda from Terrahawks? It was like a blast to the past I kinda didn't want.
Anywho, I'm interested in getting the old seasons since everyone seems to think it's brilliant.

Downloaded the first 2 episodes, man they really nailed it with the new companion. She's a friggin fox.

I like the new doctor too.

Damn, Amy Pond is awesome, solving the problem even when the Doctor couldn't do it despite his ability shown in ep1. And this truly is the greatest time I've had so far with Doctor Who. I also love how Smith talks so precisely that it just makes me laugh with madness that it's so great.

I'm little disappointed that the Daleks are back, considering that Donna's son killed all of them at the end of the last series. But these Daleks look soo much more "proper," and it does fit into the return of the "proper" Cybermen.

I have yet to see the last DT special, then i'll start watching the new ones. I loved all of the DT episodes... Its good to hear that people are enjoying the new ones.

I was more than a little cautious about Matt Smith. I really enjoyed the David Tennant run. I have to say I'm definitely enjoying the new guy but I really hate the new music. I know they like to change it up but the last one DT had was great.

[quote name='jp0213']I was more than a little cautious about Matt Smith. I really enjoyed the David Tennant run. I have to say I'm definitely enjoying the new guy but I really hate the new music. I know they like to change it up but the last one DT had was great.[/QUOTE]
I've loved the new music minus the new opening. The rest of the music has been brilliant.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']I've loved the new music minus the new opening. The rest of the music has been brilliant.[/QUOTE]

That's because it's the same as it ever was.

Yesterday's episode was pretty weak, and it was painfully obvious that it wasn't a Steve Moffat episode. I'm excited the Weeping Angels will be back next week, though!

Are you sure? I don't ever remember the music being as epic as it was at the end of The Eleventh Hour.

The latest episode was pretty weak, but it did give me an inexplicable urge to use "KBO" in everyday speech.

Good news - we've posted an abbreviated version of "Doctor Who Confidential" for "The Eleventh Hour" on the BBCA website! For those of you who don't know the confidentials are behind the scenes looks at each individual episodes, but they only air in the UK!

River Song returns in the UK airing tonight, with a pretty cull hairdo.

Man, I so want to play the Doctor Who PC game, Daleks and Skaro?! It would be cooler if it was WiiWare or something.

The Weeping Angels are upon us tonight, I believe. That was a scary episode. I find it hard to believe that Stephen Moffatt is "forgiving" and lets people live. He kills off nice people too!

Is it just me, or did anyone else notice that the new doctor (Matt Smith) gets angry and tells off his companions in almost every episode. It seems like his personality is much closer to the 9th doctor (Christopher Eccleston); as in more likely to snap when he gets irritated. Any thoughts?

[quote name='number100101']Is it just me, or did anyone else notice that the new doctor (Matt Smith) gets angry and tells off his companions in almost every episode. It seems like his personality is much closer to the 9th doctor (Christopher Eccleston); as in more likely to snap when he gets irritated. Any thoughts?[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's a definite opposite of 'cool'... I think the whole tension is building up with the crack of time. Seems like every episode is pretty jarring.

[quote name='JolietJake']Yeah and it's kind of funny since he isn't threatening in the least.[/QUOTE]

Lol. You're right, he usually just has a some sort of blank stare or confused look :whistle2:s. Tennant used a lot of different facial expressions that you felt were real. When he was angry it made you think "damn he means business". Either way, can't give Matt too much crap, he's just starting to get a feel for the character (or his take on it). We'll see how things turn out, but for the most part I think the season is going really well.

Bumping this since we don't talk about Doctor Who nearly enough, and I want to correct that.

Last week's (British) episode, Vincent and the Doctor, was amazing. Quite possibly one of the best episodes ever.

How many seasons of Doctor Who are there? And are any of them on Netflix instant queue?

The few BBC shows that I've watched (all of Torchwood and the first season of Robin Hood) were amazing and I've loved every episode of both series so I guess I should start in on Doctor Who.

[quote name='GhostShark']How many seasons of Doctor Who are there? And are any of them on Netflix instant queue?

The few BBC shows that I've watched (all of Torchwood and the first season of Robin Hood) were amazing and I've loved every episode of both series so I guess I should start in on Doctor Who.[/QUOTE]

You watched Torchwood before Doctor Who? That's just weird. There are 5 "new" seasons of Doctor who which started up in 2005. The 5th is currently airing, but the other 4 are on Netflix streaming. There are really close to 40 seasons if you count the stuff beginning in the 60s though.

bread's done
Back