Dodonpachi Resurrection (360) is $15.72 Brodude Win Price at Zavii.com

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Gonna pick this up, thanks OP! If anyone can answer this question before I order though. They have Serious Sam HD 1 and 2 for 360 on disc. I prefer a disc over download, does anyone know if this is region free as well? http://www.thehut.com/games/platforms/xbox-360/serious-sam-hd-1st-and-2nd-encounter/10349504.html

Edit: Nevermind, finally found a site to tell me Serious Sam isn't region free.[/QUOTE]

I saw that Serious Sam 1 and 2 HD on disc too, and was very tempted, but found out just like you that it isn't region-free. Bummer, I would have bought it as well!

As for DDPR, that is a fantastic price, so if you don't have it yet, get it ASAP!! A region-free, English release Cave shooter at a great price? Absolutely! :)

Is Zavvi a good place to shop for ppl in US ? how is their price compare to Amazon ? Are there any other good UK sites that ship to US ? Thanks in advance

[quote name='foinecrewx']Is Zavvi a good place to shop for ppl in US ? how is their price compare to Amazon ? Are there any other good UK sites that ship to US ? Thanks in advance[/QUOTE]

I've had nothing but good experiences with Zavvi (The Hut). I've bought at least 10 game from them, some PS3 and Wii. They ship in a cardboard mailer, it's not that sturdy, but none of my games ever arrived damaged. USPS lost one of my games and Zavvi replaced it no questions asked! Hope that helped

Just tried ordering one. Hopefully it will go smoothly. My total came out to equivalent of $20.89. A bit cheaper than $19.99 plus tax!

Ordered my copy yesterday. First time using Zavvi so I was a little confused by how the address showed up under my acount lol. And I guess when the order is under "despatched" yes with an "e", that means its shipped?

Anyways great deal for a Cave shmup. And thanks to Rising Star for porting another EU US shooter!

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']I've had nothing but good experiences with Zavvi (The Hut). I've bought at least 10 game from them, some PS3 and Wii. They ship in a cardboard mailer, it's not that sturdy, but none of my games ever arrived damaged. USPS lost one of my games and Zavvi replaced it no questions asked! Hope that helped[/QUOTE]

I've only ordered one game from Zavvi, but the order went through fine and the game arrived in just over 2 weeks (also in a fairly flimsy cardboard mailer, but with no damage). Dvd.co.Uk took 45 days on one order, and 29 on the second, but at least they bo th arrived. Zavvi is great in my book, and you can't beat that price!

Rising Star games published DDPR in the UK, rdgion-free, and I'm hoping they also publish Under Defeat HD in the UK, region-free as well. I encourage people here to go to RST forums and request UDHD for a future release, if you want to see more great shooters released for NA!

ordered 1, thanks op - also picked up one of those super mario land 3ds pouches...if they are anything like the club nintendo ones i will be happy

They really have stepped up their shipping time to the states.
Last 2 games game in 5 and 6 days. VERY SUPRISED and VERY HAPPY

I'd buy 10 of them if I didn't already own 10... This is the best Cave SHMUP on the Xbox 360 (IMO) and I own them all. :) Amazing price! 1st prints also come with soundtrack CD (not sure if they're still shipping 1st prints or not) which is amazing.

Just got my copy, fast shipping considering I live on a different continent and only ordered a week ago. My copy came with the soundtrack CD too :) Thanks OP!

crap I haven't received mine yet... lol but I don't believe it was charged yet either :( oh well soon hopefully.

I never bought anything from the UK, how long does it take to bill you and how long does it take to ship.

[quote name='jbug617']I never bought anything from the UK, how long does it take to bill you and how long does it take to ship.[/QUOTE]

They charge your credit card immediately (if the product is in stock) and it can take 1-6 weeks to arrive. My orders from Zavvi took about 2 weeks each, but one order I placed with Dvd.co.Uk took 49 days (!) to arrive. Dvd.co.Uk used Royal airmail (VERY slow), but Zavvi used Priority airmail which is much faster (typically 1-2 weeks). Don't forget though that most 360 games are NOT region free, while all PS3 games are region-free. Dodonpachi is an exception for a UK 360 game, it is region-free.

UPDATE: game.co.uk lowered the price of DDPR to 9.99 pounds, showing in stock as of now (but 4.95 pounds shipping price brings it up to about 15 pounds):

http://www.game.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product2?msg=&showResultsPage=true&predictiveSearchURL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.game.co.uk%2Fwebapp%2Fwcs%2Fstores%2Fservlet%2FAjaxPredictiveSearchView%3FcatalogId%3D10201%26langId%3D44%26storeId%3D10151&langId=44&beginIndex=0&productId=143331&sType=SimpleSearch&pageSize=20&resultCatEntryType=2&searchTerm=dodonpachi&pageView=image&catalogId=10201&storeId=10151&searchBtn.x=0&searchBtn.y=0&ddkey=http:AjaxPredictiveSearchView

Zavvi still shows this for 14.95 pounds with 1 pound shipping (thus about 16 pounds), but they went from "in stock" to "usually dispatched within a month", so they obviously ran out of this game at this time:

http://www.zavvi.com/games/platform...2_7831368ba393743290d18aabf05ecfd7&affil=awin

I know someone mentioned Amazon.co.uk with a fantastic price (8.50 pounds), but they don't ship video games to North America according to the site.

Anyone thinking of getting this game might want to get moving; I think at these low prices it will eventually sell out and become harder to find. It seems to sell consistently on Ebay U.S. for around $50, give or take.

Thanks for the heads up. Your post was enough to push me over the edge to order from Zavvi.com. Don't know why it took me this long to finally check this game out. Any reason to choose this retailer over Game.co.uk (reward points, loyalty, customer service, etc.)?
[quote name='chimpmeister']UPDATE: game.co.uk lowered the price of DDPR to 9.99 pounds, showing in stock as of now (but 4.95 pounds shipping price brings it up to about 15 pounds):

http://www.game.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product2?msg=&showResultsPage=true&predictiveSearchURL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.game.co.uk%2Fwebapp%2Fwcs%2Fstores%2Fservlet%2FAjaxPredictiveSearchView%3FcatalogId%3D10201%26langId%3D44%26storeId%3D10151&langId=44&beginIndex=0&productId=143331&sType=SimpleSearch&pageSize=20&resultCatEntryType=2&searchTerm=dodonpachi&pageView=image&catalogId=10201&storeId=10151&searchBtn.x=0&searchBtn.y=0&ddkey=http:AjaxPredictiveSearchView

Zavvi still shows this for 14.95 pounds with 1 pound shipping (thus about 16 pounds), but they went from "in stock" to "usually dispatched within a month", so they obviously ran out of this game at this time:

http://www.zavvi.com/games/platform...2_7831368ba393743290d18aabf05ecfd7&affil=awin

I know someone mentioned Amazon.co.uk with a fantastic price (8.50 pounds), but they don't ship video games to North America according to the site.

Anyone thinking of getting this game might want to get moving; I think at these low prices it will eventually sell out and become harder to find. It seems to sell consistently on Ebay U.S. for around $50, give or take.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='qwikshake']Thanks for the heads up. Your post was enough to push me over the edge to order from Zavvi.com. Don't know why it took me this long to finally check this game out. Any reason to choose this retailer over Game.co.uk (reward points, loyalty, customer service, etc.)?[/QUOTE]

All I can say is that for the two orders I placed, Zavvi delivered them intact and in about two weeks each. They came in fairly flimsy cardboard mailers (not bubble mailers), but both were undamaged. I don't know anything about game.co.uk, so I can't really say anything about them.

Having said that, if Zavvi is out of stock on this game, count on waiting for a while to get it . . . no idea how long. Game.co.uk shows in stock, so it might come faster, but I have no experience with them (as in, how to they ship, Royal Airmail (horrible) or Priority Airmail (much faster).

Since this thread is garnering attention again I figured I'd pop in, and give a little insight into this "region free" claim. It's true that this game will work in NTSC-U/C consoles, and of course PAL consoles, however that is the extent of the region compatibility. If you're a japanese/asian 360 gamer, and you import region free PAL games to play then you oughta know this game will not work with your console. It is not region free in those regards. I can personally attest to this as I own a japanese/asian 360 console, and this game will give you a region incompatibility error if you attempt to play it on it. I also own a U.S. console which is why I can play this game. Therefore the thread title is invalid with the region free claim. Region free games will play on any console without issue. This game doesnt for japanese/asian 360 consoles.

[quote name='chimpmeister']I agree . . . should be disappearing shortly.[/QUOTE]

Just bought another back up for the hell of it.:bouncy:

[quote name='skiizim']I only bought one, I thought about getting a second copy to use as trade bait but decided against it.[/QUOTE]

You should at this price
Fantastic game and a steal at 15 bones

Um I just tried buying two copies and the website said it was having a problem processing my card....uh anyone have issues like this?

Stuff like this makes me super sketchy

BTW does anyone know is there a way to find out if games are region locked? I wanted to buy the LE Aracana Hearts 3 because they have a steal on that too but not sure if it would work on my 360....im sure it would on PS3 because a friend bought several japanese games and they worked perfectly fine but i wanted to get it for 360

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='xxsirvtecxx']Um I just tried buying two copies and the website said it was having a problem processing my card....uh anyone have issues like this?

Stuff like this makes me super sketchy

BTW does anyone know is there a way to find out if games are region locked? I wanted to buy the LE Aracana Hearts 3 because they have a steal on that too but not sure if it would work on my 360....im sure it would on PS3 because a friend bought several japanese games and they worked perfectly fine but i wanted to get it for 360[/QUOTE]

Zavvi is a reputable site; I ordered copies of DDPR from them in the past and they arrived undamaged (though in a fairly flimsy cardboard mailer) in about two weeks per order. I did originally have problems with with my first order there, but had to play around with the address formatting (as others have mentioned here and in the other DDPR thread) to get it to work.

Here's how I had to format my address (a bit strange but it worked):

Name
Street number (only)
Street name (only)
City
State Abbreviation
Country (spelled out)
ZIP Code

That was how it worked for me, two orders came perfectly with no problems. I used my bank ATM card as a credit card and it went through fine. I think the first time I did it, I got a phone call alert from my bank, but I approved the automated warning and the transaction went through.

To test it out again I just placed another order, will let everyone know what happens. Not that I need another copy of DDPR, but what the hell . . .

Ordered a copy. First time i've used Zavvi. My card company contacted me to make sure the transaction wasn't fraudulent. While i was verifying the charges I noticed that they had charged my card twice. Once for 15 dollars and change and another charge about 6 hours later for another dollar and 7 cents. I went ahead and approved both charges and my game has shipped. Any idea why the second charge? Do they bill shipping seperately?

[quote name='carldisc']Ordered a copy. First time i've used Zavvi. My card company contacted me to make sure the transaction wasn't fraudulent. While i was verifying the charges I noticed that they had charged my card twice. Once for 15 dollars and change and another charge about 6 hours later for another dollar and 7 cents. I went ahead and approved both charges and my game has shipped. Any idea why the second charge? Do they bill shipping seperately?[/QUOTE]

Are you sure sure the second charge isn't for your CC's currency exchange fee?

[quote name='thelonepig']They bill shipping separately. At least they have on my previous transactions.[/QUOTE]

The currency conversion seems a bit off if that's the case or the CC company is charging about 10%.

bread's done
Back