Dodonpachi Resurrection deluxe PAL 360: $16 (£9.95) @ thehut

theclaw

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
http://www.thehut.com/games/platforms/xbox-360/dodonpachi-resurrection/10566189.html

It's back on sale, if you missed out. UK PAL edition is compatible with US 360 and includes a music CD. :cool:

10566189-1317988767-569150.jpg

[quote name='$hady']How much is shipping to the US? It says free UK delivery don't have an account can't see a total..[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure i've received free international shipping through the hut before. Regardless, for this order it's showing as £.99, equal to about $1.60.

[quote name='tommythethumb']I'm pretty sure i've received free international shipping through the hut before. Regardless, for this order it's showing as £.99, equal to about $1.60.[/QUOTE]

Thanks to you and OP. Game looks good will have to grab one when I finally get around to turning on the laptop lol.

[quote name='shivan128']hmmm, i got the vanilla version, is the soundtrack worth another $16???[/QUOTE]

Doesn't that mean you have the japanese version, or a bootleg? I thought they haven't released it PAL without soundtrack.

[quote name='theclaw']Doesn't that mean you have the japanese version, or a bootleg? I thought they haven't released it PAL without soundtrack.[/QUOTE]

The last detail on the page says that a remix album is included. Is this the bonus CD or something in game? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='theclaw']Doesn't that mean you have the japanese version, or a bootleg? I thought they haven't released it PAL without soundtrack.[/QUOTE]

It's been out a while now. I bought it when they had just the vanilla version. A few weeks later, others reported that they shipped them the bundle instead of vanilla. There's a thread somewhere about it ...

Bah, I just ordered this from Zavvi on Monday when it was £15. Oh well, still worth it and it only took 3 days to get to me in Maryland!

Got it, thanks OP!!

FYI, I was charged £0.99 for shipping.

This is the first time for me to shop with thehut, has any of you joined the "Complete Savings" to get the £15? Is it a hassle to cancel?

Thanks!!

Update: I paid with paypal but I just noticed I was charged £11.93 instead of what thehut claims to be charging £10.94, I waited an hour on the phone to talk to paypal CS but was told there doesn't seem to be any paypal fees being charged -- that the extra seems to be from thehut.

I just cancelled the order and will try again with cc. Just thought I'd share this experience, I almost missed seeing I paid extra.

FYI: I always look for the discount codes from The Hut (or Zavvi) and these will work through 05.08.2012 (for thehut.com):

Enter the Codes at Checkout, Under "Got a Discount Code" and paste the code and "Add"...it will show up on the same page. Not valid on Consoles and other Large Electronics.

Spend £50 save £4 - Enter Code 4BHOL
Spend £100 save £10 - Enter Code 10BHOL

The "4BHOL" code (saved £4) just worked for me...Also, whereas, I think at the first of the year, thehut.com was charging £0.99 per item shipped; they are charging £0.99 to ship the entire order (if you order 1 game or 15 games) at present.

And thanks OP, picked up a few...

It's part of the 2 for £20 sale as well, so I might bite on that and either the FFXIV PC controller or The Binding of Isaac Unholy Edition (Already have a copy on Steam)

Trying to buy, but it doesn't seem to want to take my credit card. I'm not sure if it's due to having the address fields all wonky or what. I might have to resort to Paypal, of which I rarely use. Those that have used credit cards, how'd you insert your address?

Thanks OP, picked it up. Now have all Cave releases playable on US 360.

It's PAL btw, not region free. It is unlocked for US/NA consoles I believe.

[quote name='Mooplaid']Trying to buy, but it doesn't seem to want to take my credit card. I'm not sure if it's due to having the address fields all wonky or what. I might have to resort to Paypal, of which I rarely use. Those that have used credit cards, how'd you insert your address?[/QUOTE]

It requires 2 lines, so I just repeated the first line.

[quote name='zethca']It requires 2 lines, so I just repeated the first line.[/QUOTE]

Well, I figured out why I couldn't get my credit card to work. My credit card company called and apparently this site is on their 'fraud list' or something, and shut down my card without asking. :bomb: Now the card that I use for everything and have tons of auto-charges on is useless. I am slightly miffed at the moment.

Just a warning.

[quote name='Mooplaid']Well, I figured out why I couldn't get my credit card to work. My credit card company called and apparently this site is on their 'fraud list' or something, and shut down my card without asking. :bomb: Now the card that I use for everything and have tons of auto-charges on is useless. I am slightly miffed at the moment.

Just a warning.[/QUOTE]

TheHut.com is about as legit as they come, or so has been my experience. Their credit card/address formula is fucked up though; every time I place an order (through them or Zavvi.com), I have to re-enter both my physical/mailing address and billing address. For months I couldn't figure out why my order(s) were encountering a Billing Issue and then I figured it out....Now when I Login to "My Account", I immediately go ahead and update what they have "Saved", with the proper addy...

[quote name='fishwaterjohn']TheHut.com is about as legit as they come, or so has been my experience. Their credit card/address formula is fucked up though; every time I place an order (through them or Zavvi.com), I have to re-enter both my physical/mailing address and billing address. For months I couldn't figure out why my order(s) were encountering a Billing Issue and then I figured it out....Now when I Login to "My Account", I immediately go ahead and update what they have "Saved", with the proper addy...[/QUOTE]

Well, I'm more upset at my card company, as I've not ever had them cancel a card first before calling to see if what I was doing was a valid charge. Glad you've not had to deal with that. :)

I have never had a problem ordering from either, and my card company is FUSSY about the address. If anyone wants one send me a PM. I can order it and have it shipped to your house if you paypal me the money. No one should miss out on this Shmup :D

This is why I should never preorder a shump and definitely why I'm not bothering with Akai Katana until it drops.

And even then there are more shumps than there are war FPSs these days anyway.

[quote name='RollingSkull']This is why I should never preorder a shump and definitely why I'm not bothering with Akai Katana until it drops.

And even then there are more shumps than there are war FPSs these days anyway.[/QUOTE]

What are shumps, some new genre of game? :hot:

There aren't that many of them. Besides, Cave is shmup perfection. It doesn't really get any better than that. Akai Katana will definitely continue that trend. I'll also be waiting for a price drop, though. There's just no reason to pay full price when it will plummet to being less than half of that soon enough.

chimpmeister, I just typed in 'shmup' to Google and was greeted with MANY resources on what they are. The top result was even the Wikipedia page. I'm sure you can do the same.

[quote name='Mooplaid']Well, I'm more upset at my card company, as I've not ever had them cancel a card first before calling to see if what I was doing was a valid charge. Glad you've not had to deal with that. :)[/QUOTE]

My company called me to ask about it. I think it'll work out fine though, I told them it was legit. Great price for what should be an amazing game.

Never could get Paypal to work. I assume maybe because the UK address entry input is weird? They required 2 lines plus the city state line I guess... I finally tried my Paypal debit mastercard and it worked or is pending at least.

Looking forward to playing this Youtube vids look fun!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Auburn']So is this confirmed to work on a US Xbox 360? From what I see on the Play-Asia compatibility chart, it does not.[/QUOTE]

Yes is works, there is a huge thread about this exact version about preorders and people here playing and buying the game.

I'm in a similiar boat as alot of people here it seems. I'm not a hardcore crazy shump fan but I do enjoy them and always want to support more of these foreign treasures being released/made region unlocked in the states but the sure price drops makes you want to wait at least for full US releases. I'm completely torn on Akai Katana day one although I have it pre-ordered. Hopefully this ships and makes my decision a easy one. ;)

[quote name='$hady']Yes is works, there is a huge thread about this exact version about preorders and people here playing and buying the game.

I'm in a similiar boat as alot of people here it seems. I'm not a hardcore crazy shump fan but I do enjoy them and always want to support more of these foreign treasures being released/made region unlocked in the states but the sure price drops makes you want to wait at least for full US releases. I'm completely torn on Akai Katana day one although I have it pre-ordered. Hopefully this ships and makes my decision a easy one. ;)[/QUOTE]

Excellent. Thanks! I'm also on the fence about Akai Katana. Part of me wants to wait for a price drop, the other part thinks this may become hard to find and possibly go up in value.

[quote name='Auburn']Excellent. Thanks! I'm also on the fence about Akai Katana. Part of me wants to wait for a price drop, the other part thinks this may become hard to find and possibly go up in value.[/QUOTE]

If it helps any which it kind of made me feel better... I saw that Rising Star Games took the best DLC from Japan and included it on the 360 disc. Nice lil bonus there, although they gave pre-order shirts in the UK. Woulda been nice here since the fan base is smaller and every lil nudge coulda helped.

Tried ordering through Paypal and it just wouldn't connect to Paypal's site.
I hope the price stays low so I can eventually get the thing if it ever decides to work...

[quote name='JoeCamNet']Tried ordering through Paypal and it just wouldn't connect to Paypal's site.
I hope the price stays low so I can eventually get the thing if it ever decides to work...[/QUOTE]

I have no idea why TheHut.com (or Zavvi.com) even offer PayPal as a means of checking out, as in the four-five years I have been buying from them (and I think it's been a Payment Option that long through them) PayPal has never processed a payment; it's not on PayPal's end (in my opinion); TheHut/Zavvi's checkout system is just kind of fucked up (the address thing took me WAY too long to figure out and I received WAY too many "We are unable to process your billing/payment method" messages before I figured out that I just had to change/update my address every time I buy from them (knowing that 'going in' makes it just like status quo for Logging In....

I will typically Log-in and head straight for the Shipping/Address Method, make the changes; then head straight to the Payment Method, make the Address Changes and re-enter the 3 Digit Code on the Credit Card)....it's worth it (in the end) as their prices are damn hard to beat on some hard-to-find titles....just always make sure the title you are getting says "Usually Despatches in 24 hours" or else you may be waiting a few months...

Owning this game the content is pretty good, Though I hate for a 2011 release instead of doing what they did with Espgaluda 2 and giving they audio cd and game cd their own spindles. they stacked the audio CD and the game on one spindle instead of giving them their own designated spindle in the case.

I'd reckon that was Rising Star's decision. I've not seen an unboxing for the Japanese one though, so I can't say that with certainty.

Well my Paypal debit card was declined because of address issues. Had to go to the site and correct it just now. Also sent along a query explaining the problem and showed exactly what my US address should look like, so we shall see if that works. Last resort will be international call I suppose....

Also to the poster above I think their Paypal is screwed up. I failed multiple times before remembering I had a Paypal cc.

[quote name='Zaku77']There aren't that many of them. Besides, Cave is shmup perfection. It doesn't really get any better than that. Akai Katana will definitely continue that trend. I'll also be waiting for a price drop, though. There's just no reason to pay full price when it will plummet to being less than half of that soon enough.

chimpmeister, I just typed in 'shmup' to Google and was greeted with MANY resources on what they are. The top result was even the Wikipedia page. I'm sure you can do the same.[/QUOTE]

OK, but did you type in "shump", because that's what he wrote, not "shmup". I know humor is sometimes hard to spot, but that's all this was.

[quote name='Zaku77']There aren't that many of them. Besides, Cave is shmup perfection. It doesn't really get any better than that. Akai Katana will definitely continue that trend. I'll also be waiting for a price drop, though. There's just no reason to pay full price when it will plummet to being less than half of that soon enough.[/QUOTE]

There aren't that many war shooters either but that doesn't stop some people.

Either way, Cave is definitely the blockbuster stuff but it always feels more Michael Bay. I've had more fun with some of the smaller Japanese indie shumps.

[quote name='chimpmeister']OK, but did you type in "shump", because that's what he wrote, not "shmup". I know humor is sometimes hard to spot, but that's all this was.[/QUOTE]

Haha I didn't even notice that. My eyes must have just glazed over it. >_> lol

Well I transferred some money to my debit account, hopefully this will still be on sale when the money shows up. I like shoot'em-ups quite a bit and this seems like a real good deal.

I've read some people having difficulty with the address portion of this site. Can anyone tell me exactly how I should enter my address?

bread's done
Back