Dodonpachi Resurrection (UK 360) ~$16 each @ zavvi

I noticed DDPR was mentioned, but for Akai Katana, please keep in mind that it is region locked (but there are NTSC, PAL, and NTSC-J versions).

Great deals on both games though and would get them if I didn't already have them (paid close to full price on both). I suppose I shouldn't be too surprised at Akai Katana dropping since US release shmups tend to have that result I've noticed, but am a bit surprised at DoDonPachi dropping to such a low price.

Awesome, ordered ddpr 16.70 shipped - thanks op.

I've only played donpachi on saturn, lots of fun.. Still need to get dodonpachi, prices are high but will get it one day

Last edited by a moderator:
I really wonder why I buy these for $50+ on release when I KNOW they're just gonna drop like this.

Need to at least mark this thread next time we get a shump and people claim it's gonna be rare as hell.

All that said, Akai Katana had a US release and is cheap there through legit channels. Stealing the yuro copies is the only way we can get DDP Resurrection though. Both are definitely worth it, probably even if you already have DDPR on your phone.

DDPR is sold out though so I guess this deal needs to be moved off to the yuro forums

Yuro? Is that supposed to be clever? :3 You want to see rare and expensive shmups, look at some of the Japanese CEs. I quiver every time I think about what I payed for the Super LE of Saidaioujou... lol

I am never clever.

And I have imported enough Jap shumps that I already think I'm a total loser for paying $80+ for some of these games. Don't even remind me.

What did that LE have that could possibly have made it worth the heaping piles of dosh they no doubt demanded for it?

I am never clever.

And I have imported enough Jap shumps that I already think I'm a total loser for paying $80+ for some of these games. Don't even remind me.

What did that LE have that could possibly have made it worth the heaping piles of dosh they no doubt demanded for it?
It's actually a gorgeous CE--like, it's going to be one of my nicest CEs (and that's saying something for my collection lol). It has a big hardcover artbook, some big sticker sheets, some how to play plastic mat thing like you'd find on an arcade cabinet, the soundtrack, the game in a steelbook, and a really nice, big box to keep it all in. Given the cheap, stupid shit that comes in most of our $150 CEs, this one isn't bad at all. Mine was $190 with shipping, so without the international shipping it's really about the same price as our $150 ones. Also keep in mind that games are more expensive in Japan, so their CEs are usually more money anyway. When all of that is factored together, it's actually a very nice deal. It's really just the damn shipping that pushed it into being stupidly spendy. I hate to spend all the money, but I really can't complain about it, given all that you get for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice deal on Dodonpachi. I paid $50 for the Japanese version a year ago. Great game nonetheless. As far as Akai Katana, the US version is less than $15 from Amazon via both 3rd party sellers and Amazon themselves.

bread's done
Back