Does a drill hole make a game more valuable??

Murderstorm

CAGiversary!
I have a sealed black label copy of final fantasy 7 with a drill hole and was wondering. since I read that the drill holes indicate that it was a promo copy not for resale. Thanks

[quote name='Murderstorm']I have a sealed black label copy of final fantasy 7 with a drill hole and was wondering. since I read that the drill holes indicate that it was a promo copy not for resale. Thanks[/QUOTE]

Promo copies are not necessarily different or special. Sometimes promo copies are just regular copies, but now you have a regular copy with a hole in it, so that makes it less valueable.

For Final Fantasy VII, there was no special promo copy, only the misprint version, and even if you have that one, it's less valuable with a drill hole.

Some specific promo games are actually packaged with different things in it, and some other things, but for FFVII, nothing special.

The drilled hole is drilled so the people reviewing it could not return it to a store for a refund with a hole drilled in the upc.

Aye, I doubt it is any rarer than any other copy, and could potentially be worth less. I don't think not for resale copies go for any more than their counterparts in general

no because then everyone would go around drilling holes in their sealed games. wait i have a brilliant idea, it is worth more! just like all the games I have...

A hole does not immedately indicate a Promo copy- it can also be a remnant copy. Many places drill the barcodes on unsold inventory being moved cheaply to prevent people from returning it for full price.

Technically you have a less valuable damaged copy- not enough that you can't get a decent price for it, but you certaintly won't get more.

bread's done
Back