does anybody have experience with video game rentals like gamefly?

cerberez

CAGiversary!
Hi, there are a bunch of games out there I know I'd only want to play once. It makes more sense to rent them if the services are decent.

I'd like to know your opinions on the various business in the game (blockbuster, gamefly, gamemine, etc.)

Thanks!

I've used Gamefly twice now (once around the GBA era & more recently in October last year) and they were pretty solid. Games were in generally good condition, so I didn't have any problems playing them. I would say test out the Gamefly trial, so that way you can see if it justifies the price tag, while also making sure you get games in a timely manner (probably varies depending on where you live).

Also, totally agree with your thinking. There are so many "good" games released each year that are hard to drop $50-$60 on when you want the "great" games too.

if your looking at buying and play PSP games. i would rent them off gamefly first with a keep it now...

ALL psp games i got off gamefly to BUY THEM came in a replacment umd case (a clear 3rd party cases they are removed out of their white psp sony cases for some reason)

Yes. They're awful. I sent a game off on Monday, they received it the following Monday, and I got a new one the following Monday. I was able to rent two games in one month. I live within a reasonable amount of time from a shipping center, so this was ridiculous.

Also, on more than one occasion, even though one of the games in my queue was in stock, they waited multiple days to ship another game out to me.

Avoid.

I never have problems with Gamefly and I've had it for a couple years or so now. If I want a new game, just make sure you have a game sent back to them and have it at the top of your list when it releases. I'll get the one I want 90% of the time. If I return a game on Monday, it gets quick scanned back in to their system on Tuesday and a new game will be shipped anywhere from Tuesday-Thursday, depending on what is in my list, and I'll have it by that weekend. A new release game shipped on a Tuesday will be to me by Friday at the latest.

bread's done
Back