Does anyone else have Tactics Ogre?

CaseyRyback

Staff member
Feedback
131 (100%)
I bought this game today for 30 bucks, but I thought it was a deal so I bought it.

Can someone else voice their opinions on this game and give me an I dea if I should keep it

Yes I do and I think you should keep it. For strategy games for GBA, I am keeping Tactics Ogre and Fire Emblem, that's it!

I don't need FFTA or Advance Wars, I just think Tactics Ogre and Fire Emblem are waayyy better in terms of gameplay and story!

yea thats what I figured. I have never seen it in a store, but they said they got a lot more copies because it sold so well(I guess college kids know good strategy RPG's)

I probably will just give it to my mom to give to me for my birthday in a couple of months since I have a ton of RPG's that I just started and need to finish

I dont know i did like Tactics orge but i thought there was alot more ot do in Final Fantasy Tactics. But on the other hand i quit play FFTA becuz it got repetitive and boring. Well its up in the air lol

[quote name='btantra']Yes I do and I think you should keep it. For strategy games for GBA, I am keeping Tactics Ogre and Fire Emblem, that's it!

I don't need FFTA or Advance Wars, I just think Tactics Ogre and Fire Emblem are waayyy better in terms of gameplay and story![/quote]

I have the exact opposite opinion. I hated tactics orge but loved ffta. Advance Wars was great too and I have yet to play fire emblem.

I would keep tactics orge if you like strategy games and dont mind a steep learning curve and a pretty high difficulty level. I would imagine that given alittle more time I really would have enjoyed it but i figured that if "I" really coulnt get involved after 20 hours I wouldnt continue.

im kinda leaning to sn0brawler's opinoin, really hard to get into... probably since i've never played a tactics ogre game before

I got it about 3 months ago, was in the middle of FFTA at the time, and let a friend borrow it. From what I heard from him, it was pretty good.

However, I LOATE Advance Wars. I hate it with a passion. Its garbage.

And if your looking for Tactics Orge for PSX, be sure not to get confused with Orge Battle. I picked the latter up on accident, and it was bad. Random battles where you dont even get to control your characters? Bah.

tactics ogre is a great game. i didnt follow the story much cause it was kinda long and boring but the gameplay here is so deep. my friend who introduced me to the game played it so much his timer is stuck at 99:99.

How hard is this game to find? (the gba one, not the psx one). The local GameStop has a copy, and I thought that it was supposed to be hard to find. (I would have bought it, but I'm broke.) Should I be worried about someone buying it before I get a job or will it be easy to find in other stores?

Just tossing in another, "Hell yes Ogre Tactics is awesome." type post here.

I loved it and loved FFTA. I really enjoyed the training mode and emblems in Ogre, and the fact that levelling creatures got them new powers.

[quote name='Amanda the Red Mage']How hard is this game to find? (the gba one, not the psx one). The local GameStop has a copy, and I thought that it was supposed to be hard to find. (I would have bought it, but I'm broke.) Should I be worried about someone buying it before I get a job or will it be easy to find in other stores?[/quote]

Thats the only reason I went ahead and bought it. I had not seen it in any stores up until I purchased it

I can't really seem to get into this game no matter how hard I try, any suggestions? It seems to be the same way with Disgaea...

Tactics Ogre is okay... however, I can safely say that Squaresoft made the genre more interesting in Final Fantasy Tactics.

Advance Wars is fun if you look past the bad story. Fire Emblem is an overrated mess, though.

DenisDFat is obviously not a fan of turn-based strategy. If you ARE a fan, however...yeah, you've got a good game on your hands.

Personally, I can't wait for the Front Mission games to appear on the PS2...

bread's done
Back