Does anyone here work at Fry's?

cthcky33

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (94%)
i have an interview there next week and i was just wondering if anyone works there and has any advice on whether or not to take a job there. i was also wondering around how much full time sales people make there???

Which department? I used to work in one of Fry's cafes, and my bf used to work in customer service (registers) and components. Cafe blows because there's no tips or commission. I think when you first start off, you don't get commission (you have to become "certified"). Here it's like ~$7-8 bucks an hr, I think. Once you get commission though, the pay is much better. I believe my bf was getting ~$11 an hour in components, and it was less at the registers, but I forget how much. This is in CA... not sure how different it would be in GA. For perks, you get items at something like 10% above cost (so no discounts on consoles). Sale items are always less than this, so you won't get discounts of things that already on sale. But it comes in handy, since Fry's has all sorts of random stuff. There's a limit to your discount, like you can only get so much discount per year... which is not an issue as long you're not just buying TVs and such. And with all customer service jobs, you have to deal with a lot of moron customers :\

And beerguy is right... intelligence isn't a requirement to work there. I don't even think English is necessary, looking the people working in CA Fry's. But customers appreciate you 10x more when they find out you're not an idiot (not that it matters).

ESL appears to be a big help. In a lot of locations the largest immigrant group has a hold on hiring. Not through any nefarious means but just through effort to make sure the word gets out whenever an opening is about to be listed. I've been to an Orange County Fry's where half the guys working there are named Tran. (They adapted the Monty Python 'Would you mind if we just called you Bruce?' gag as part of a sort of hazing ritual for new guys, I'm told.) Glendale, CA has a really big Armenian community and they pretty much own the Fry's in neighboring Burbank.

bread's done
Back