Does anyone know if EB Games is part of SCOP?

saskwatch76

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Does anyone know if EB Games is part of S C O P (The scanning code of practice). If an item rings up as a different price that what the item is labeled in, the customer can get the item for free it is below $10, or $10 off the price if it is above that. Just wondering...because Future Shop and Superstore are part of S C O P...I bought some ice cream and it was the wrong price at Superstore, and I ended up getting it free because of this...the advertised in store price was lower then what it rang up as...this is because. all day or all week...the store has been getting more money for the item it sells then advertised, and people may have been unaware they were getting ripped off/thinking they got the sale price...

I don't think they are. Although I did have an experience where something was tagged incorrectly and they gave me the game at the incorrect price. No SCOP was applied.

By law they have to give it to you at the lowest tagged price, but SCOP is a voluntary policy that EB does not partake in and there is no reason for them to as it only applies to non-ticketed items, as has been said already, and seeing as every item in EB has a price sticker and there are no shelf tags or signs then SCOP doesn't even come into play.

Okay, so the lowest price on the tag was what I was looking for, this is good to know: if you guys ever go to EB and they charge you for more then what the game is tagged, it is illegal, that is good to know!

[quote name='saskwatch76']Okay, so the lowest price on the tag was what I was looking for, this is good to know: if you guys ever go to EB and they charge you for more then what the game is tagged, it is illegal, that is good to know![/QUOTE]
If they said no what would you do, call the police?

[quote name='Clark.Griswold']If they said no what would you do, call the police?[/QUOTE]

Duhhhhh.... You always call the Ghostbusters first.

Although starting next week EB Games will be called Gamestop's EB Games and than eventually make the trasition to just Gamestop.

Yes, eventually EB Games will be a thing of the past.

I managed to find a game still labelled with a sticker for a promotion that ended a few days prior, that they had forgot to unlabel and I got it for 4.99 rather than 34.99 because of the mistake.

[quote name='KILLER TREKKY']I managed to find a game still labelled with a sticker for a promotion that ended a few days prior, that they had forgot to unlabel and I got it for 4.99 rather than 34.99 because of the mistake.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I've seen tha... Wait, WHAT?!? How did you get $30 off a game again?!?

[quote name='FarmhouseMedia']Yeah, I've seen tha... Wait, WHAT?!? How did you get $30 off a game again?!?[/QUOTE]

Crappy employees and their crappy work ethics :p.

I love those confused EB workers. I was able to PT GOW3 for 360 slim. 52.50 for it.

So what game did u get for 4.99?

bread's done
Back