Does anyone know when the Dream Car Challenge points expire

d_south_cr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
The E-Mail says: [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]
NOTE: The coupon code(s) will expire on: February 17, 2009, so go to http://points.microsoft.com and enter the code(s) now.*

So do the points also Expire on the 17? I really want to get GTA L&D and I have like 800points still from the DCC.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

[quote name='shinryuu']They don't expire if they're in your account already. I think that's the last day to redeem the codes.[/quote]

Are you sure about this? I won some points from GTA and they Expired on Dec 31.

Go to http://billing.microsoft.com and sign into the Windows Live ID you use with your gamertag. Click on points and if any points are about to expire it will warn you. I think the warnings appear something like 30 days before any points that may expire. Check once a month or something if you're concerned about it.

[quote name='bs000']Go to http://billing.microsoft.com and sign into the Windows Live ID you use with your gamertag. Click on points and if any points are about to expire it will warn you. I think the warnings appear something like 30 days before any points that may expire. Check once a month or something if you're concerned about it.[/quote]
There is no warning on my page, so I don't think they will expire in your account. May expire if you don't put it in your account by then though. =p

[quote name='d_south_cr']The E-Mail says: [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]
NOTE: The coupon code(s) will expire on: February 17, 2009, so go to http://points.microsoft.com and enter the code(s) now.*

So do the points also Expire on the 17? I really want to get GTA L&D and I have like 800points still from the DCC.
[/FONT]
[/FONT][/quote]

I thought you could only redeem 100pts per person on the Dreamcar Challenge. If so, you should give me a code so it doesn't go to waste ;)

[quote name='playing mantis']I thought you could only redeem 100pts per person on the Dreamcar Challenge. If so, you should give me a code so it doesn't go to waste ;)[/quote]
That was after they fixed it.

[quote name='d_south_cr']So do the points also Expire on the 17? I really want to get GTA L&D and I have like 800points still from the DCC.[/QUOTE]
Like shinryuu stated, the Feb. 17th deadline is for entering the codes into your account.

[quote name='playing mantis']I thought you could only redeem 100pts per person on the Dreamcar Challenge.[/QUOTE]
That 100pts was intended as reward for registering in their promotion. That's the part people spammed with multiple accounts to get quick points, so MS made sure they wouldn't stack.

Once you were registered, you could earn another 100 points each day ( 50 for designing a car, 50 for rating a car) up to a maximum of 2,000 pts. per account.

Yeah then you make 10 accounts and go on everyday for 15mins. When they sent you the code for the points when the challenge ended you stack them all on one account.

I got $60 worth of MS points from that.

Better question... do any of you wonderful people know how I can figure out which of my many many emails I used long ago during this campaign? I want to know if I even got any points but I can't remember what email I used... thanks.

Check each account? For me, I have a catch-all account for my domain. So i can use whatever @ __.com and it will send it to the catch-all. Sure made it easy for me.

[quote name='sp00ge']Check each account? For me, I have a catch-all account for my domain. So i can use whatever @ __.com and it will send it to the catch-all. Sure made it easy for me.[/quote]

Yeah that would have made it easier... if only I remembered the names of my accounts though... or I would check them all.

Anyone tested to see if they actually "expired" the Dreamcar Challenge point codes?

Someone has some that I was hoping to trade for, but I did research BEFORE doing the deal (imagine that). I really want to get the points if they are still working. I know there is a limit of one per account, but that will work just fine for me...

You can PM me with one of your unused, expired DCC point codes and I'll test it out :p

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back