Does anyone remember the name of this Anime short movie?

psiufoxx2

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
I'll describe it as best I can...

From what I remember the short movie revolves around a couple- a girl who joined a space marine force and a guy who stayed on earth to continue his studies.

The entire movie plays out in a series of emails that they send back and forth to each other.. each time they send the email, however, it takes longer in transit and more time passes. As time goes on the girl (in her mech of course) continues to battle other mechs in space and travel further away from earth, as the guy who stayed on earth continues his studies, eventually marries, and slowly gets older. Because you don't age as quickly when travelling through space (theoretically) the guy on earth ages much faster than the girl, and eventually dies.

It's pretty sad really, but it's a really great short and I want to see it again badly, perhaps even buy it..

Does anyone know what it's called?

edit: NM... Voices of a Distant Star. Just remembered :p

LOL, speaking of that, I just realized that the random anime I borrowed from my friend like 5 weeks ago was the shinkai collection which had voices of a distant star and the place promised in our early days. I'm off to watch them :)

yeah, voices of a distant star. I love how it completely ignored physics and logic and pretended that cell phones could send text messages that far.

Although I did enjoy it, but that's just because I'm a sucker for sad stories.

Yeah great film, I fucking love it. Though one thing trips me out, why is she wearing her school uniform through out? I mean isn't she a pilot?

bread's done
Back