Does anyone wear jean shirts (and other hideous findings in my closet)?

SteveMcQ

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Cleaning through my closet, I've stumbled upon so many old clothes from way back when. One find, a long sleeve jean shirt from Gap. Anyone even wear these things? I remember wearing this back in 8th grade and somehow I still have it. In fact I'm wearing it right now.

Also in the closet, a technicolor mess of a windsuit (yes, that's what it is) by Christian Dior. Cost a pretty penny, I know, but I'm keeping it just for laughs. It'd make any 80s lover cringe in disappointment.

I'll keep digging through and see what I find. Fascinating isn't it?

Not in my closet, but I saw a pair in the basement.

Found a plaid shirt in there that I wore once for a play I was in. I tried it on and I looked like a pumpkin. Lovely color.

I have so many clothes...it's insane.

[quote name='rodeojones903']I still have 2 hypercolor shirts. :D[/quote]

Wow, I heard about those on VH1!

Does that make you feel old?

Thankfully, I'm not old enough to have weird stuff in my closet. Hell, right now I'm lucky if I have clothes to wear at all...

Awww man. Mine are loooonnnng gone. :( Do they still change color?

I have a black, satin jacket from when I worked at Licorice Pizza in the mid-80s (a record store chain long gone). It has my “name” stitched on it “Bobo” and a huge Licorice Pizza logo on the back. It’s quite ugly. Luckily it’s a size medium so it’s been about 15 years since I could actually wear it. I just can't seem to throw it away though.

[quote name='ogreeley']I have a black, satin jacket from when I worked at Licorice Pizza in the mid-80s (a record store chain long gone). It has my “name” stitched on it “Bobo” and a huge Licorice Pizza logo on the back. It’s quite ugly. Luckily it’s a size medium so it’s been about 15 years since I could actually wear it. I just can't seem to throw it away though.[/quote]

Sounds like the poster child of something you'd find at Goodwill.

I wasn't cool enough for jean shirts. I actually had thrift store stuff in the 80s, so it looked like I was dressed in the 70s. That and my jeans always had patches on the knees.
Go figure.
However, you can't beat two-tone vans slip-ons.

[quote name='moiety'][quote name='rodeojones903']I still have 2 hypercolor shirts. :D[/quote]

Awww man. Mine are loooonnnng gone. :( Do they still change color?[/quote]

Only one of them still does. The one that doesnt is mine from when I was younger. The second is one I found at Buffalo Exchange in Austin and it still changes.

Do you have one of those jean jackets with the fake wool collar ?

David Spade show one of those in a skit on SNL a few weeks back and I was laughing my ass off at how people used to wear those.

[quote name='KingDox']Do you have one of those jean jackets with the fake wool collar ?

David Spade show one of those in a skit on SNL a few weeks back and I was laughing my ass off at how people used to wear those.[/quote]

No, but my dad does. I also have a bomber jacket. Those are pretty snazzy (did I just use that word?).

[quote name='ogreeley']I have a black, satin jacket from when I worked at Licorice Pizza in the mid-80s (a record store chain long gone). It has my “name” stitched on it “Bobo” and a huge Licorice Pizza logo on the back. It’s quite ugly. Luckily it’s a size medium so it’s been about 15 years since I could actually wear it. I just can't seem to throw it away though.[/quote]

You were willingly known as Bobo?

Wait a minute, are you saying that jean shirts are no longer fashionable? Dammit, why was I not informed!?

You should put together a jean jacket, jean shirt, and jean pants ensemble on. Once you've done that, you've got yourself a Canadian tuxedo!

[quote name='munch']You should put together a jean jacket, jean shirt, and jean pants ensemble on. Once you've done that, you've got yourself a Canadian tuxedo![/quote]

I'm growing out a mullet to complete the ensemble first.

anyone still have a pair of Z Cavarichi pants?
anyone even know what i'm talkin about?
ugly ass guido pants from the 80's?
lol frickin hilarious

dang i wanted one of those so bad when i was in 4th grade, but my mom wouldnt buy it for me! doh!

I still remember how cool Marithe & Francois Girbaud (Pronounced - Juh bows) pants were. Remember the little white tab on the zipper that was more or less a status symbol in school?

Only "cool" people wore Girbauds.

I had Z Cavaricci jeans. I outgrew them a long time ago. How dumb was that - they cost a mint. Now I love my $6 Old Navy jeans :)

No parachute pants?

I was hardcore with my parachute pants and matching shirt with zippers on the front in 6th grade.

1986 represent!

bread's done
Back