Does Best Buy do no receipt exchanges?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldskooldork23

CAGiversary!
I made a stupid mistake when I ordered GTA IV online, I bought the PS3 version when I own a 360. I neglected to look over my e-receipt and today I get the message in my e-mail 'Shipped - GTA IV : PS3'. I bought it on FamilyVideo so I don't have an actual reciept for a retail store.

So my question is, when it gets here can I bring it in to Best Buy and say 'Hey, a buddy got me this as a gift but got me the wrong version, can I exchange it for the 360 version?', do you think they would let me do that? If not are there any stores that will?

[quote name='oldskooldork23']I made a stupid mistake when I ordered GTA IV online, I bought the PS3 version when I own a 360. I neglected to look over my e-receipt and today I get the message in my e-mail 'Shipped - GTA IV : PS3'. I bought it on FamilyVideo so I don't have an actual reciept for a retail store.

So my question is, when it gets here can I bring it in to Best Buy and say 'Hey, a buddy got me this as a gift but got me the wrong version, can I exchange it for the 360 version?', do you think they would let me do that? If not are there any stores that will?[/quote]

You could, I don't know, return it to Family Video? They sent me the wrong item one time, I called them, and they paid for the return shipping. I'm sure if you explain that you bought the wrong version, they'd probably have no problems exchanging it for you.

[quote name='oldskooldork23']I made a stupid mistake when I ordered GTA IV online, I bought the PS3 version when I own a 360. I neglected to look over my e-receipt and today I get the message in my e-mail 'Shipped - GTA IV : PS3'. I bought it on FamilyVideo so I don't have an actual reciept for a retail store.

So my question is, when it gets here can I bring it in to Best Buy and say 'Hey, a buddy got me this as a gift but got me the wrong version, can I exchange it for the 360 version?', do you think they would let me do that? If not are there any stores that will?[/quote]

Prepare to be skewered. People don't take return fraud too lightly around these parts.

No way at Best Buy... I bought Weeds Season 2 there, lost the receipt, it still has the best buy price sticker on it, and they won't take it back.

[quote name='DestroVega']No way at Best Buy... I bought Weeds Season 2 there, lost the receipt, it still has the best buy price sticker on it, and they won't take it back.[/quote]

Couldn't they have looked it up in the system, if you paid via credit card?

Oh and OP, what the others have said IS true. It's called return fraud and we have at LEAST one of these topics here a month. It doesn't become any less illegal of a thing to do, but people keep posting about it anyway.

Just return it to FamilyVideo and be done with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back