Does Best Buy have to honor this?

Drink Bourbon

CAG Veteran
Saw this at Best Buy today. Clearly, it is a mistake, but I was unsure if it's the kind of mistake they have to honor. With the game not being out yet, I'm not sure how to approach this. AFAIK, Best Buy doesn't do pre-orders or anything, so should I just hope and pray that this thing is still the same come release date, or should I bitch long and hard and loud and see if I can get an unreleased game for $20?

I'm not very good and bitching, but I want that game and I'm broke like whoa.

013100_161801.jpg

013100_161800.jpg

They put 2 in bad company so it's a typo and I highly doubt you'll get a game that isn't even out yet for that price. Good luck but be prepared for a long back and forth conversation and don't be upset if you don't get it. By the way, it's $19.99 for Bad Company.

[quote name='62t']Hide the label until the game is out :)[/QUOTE]

Definitely the best strategy. This honestly makes me want to search for these, it might be a universal error similar to NHL 10 for $19.99 when it was clearly intended to be NHL 2K10.

[quote name='62t']Hide the label until the game is out :)[/QUOTE]

In my humble opinion, I'd give this about a 95% chance of working. That 5% accounts for how smooth you are in hiding it. If it's there when the game is out, as far as I'm aware, it's their policy to honor it.

I work at best buy, as long as the sku on that label is for Bad Company 2, then you should be good to go as far as them "having" to honor it.

Sometimes, it really depends on the cashier. I've gotten stuff that was clearly mislabeled. Most managers will not give a crap and give it to as opposed to arguing.

Best buy does no have to honor a misprint but most companies will honor a misprint out of good will. Its a win win situation.

i would ask, but wouldn't really press the issue if it didn't work. I think that is why they put barcodes on the prices, because if you scanned that it would read for the original. if you did the hiding it thing, they would probably notice when no one else saw it but you, and if they were good workers they would have remembered setting out the right price.

What good would hiding it do if when the game is released they have new, correct labels out? And the game plastered all over the ad with the right price?

A couple of years ago I found a Scene It Lights Camera Action with the remotes that had a sticker saying 20 bucks. I believe the game was still at the 40 dollar price point at this time. I brought the game to the register, to check out like normal. (to be honest I didn't know that it wasn't the right sticker) but someone apparently just slapped a sticker on it. Long story short they gave me the game for that price with NO arguing.

TL;DR: If that label is still there when the game is out, I think you can get them to honor it.

bread's done
Back