Does Best Buy's "15% Off Game Guide with any video game" offer work in-store?

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
Yesterday I picked up three items across two transactions, trying to maximize my savings, but as it turns out I took the wrong route.

I purchased Monster Hunter 4 and the Spider-Man Disney Infinity Playset on one receipt.

Monster Hunter came with a $10 gift card, so I then turned around and applied that $10 gift card to the Collector's Edition Majora's Mask guide.

The total for these two items was $84.58.

When I was looking online later that night, I noticed that you get 15% off game guides with any game purchase, and sure enough, when I added both to the cart, the Majora's Mask guide dropped to $29.74.

I did the calculations, and due to the 15% off there's a $11 difference between buying MH4 & the MM guide on one receipt and then use the $10 gift card on Spider-Man Playset, as opposed to my original purchases.

The problem is...I can't get any confirmation as to whether or not the 15% off offer will work in-store, or if it's just online offer.

Does anyone happen to know if the 15% will come off if I purchase both items on the same receipt in store?

It should, but your best bet would be to call your local Best Buy and explain the situation to them. That or call their customer service line.

Maybe another CAG can have a more definitive answer but I believe it should be in store as well as online.

If I'm wrong my apologies but I wish you the best of luck fellow CAG.

I can't guarantee anything, but I do remember a while back when they had those $5 AC3 Collector's guides and a few others at 50% off, I ended up buying a few games with some of the guides and the 15% did apply. Also worked a second time when I picked up a DotD game and a guide on the same receipt.

So yes the 15% off should be triggered.

bread's done
Back