Does Capcom vs SNK 2 EO suck or is it just me?

evilpenguin9000

CAGiversary!
After reading the whole 2D vs. 3D debate here, I picked this game up over the weekend and am not impressed. It seems wholly designed to confuse me. I mean I knew Street Fighter fairly well at one point and this game is over my head. I'm picking grooves, getting pummelled by special moves I've never seen, it's not good.

On top of that the presentation seems really dated and ugly. Anyone agree?

Well of course it's dated and ugly..

It just depends on who you play against. When I re-buy it, i'll be playing against my cousin on XBox Live, which will be awesome..

[quote name='evilpenguin9000']I can accept it's just me, I guess I'm just out of the 2D loop, having played 3D stuff for several years.[/quote]

You'll have plenty of chances to come back. GGX2# Reload, GG Isuka, SF: AC, SVC Chaos, KOF 02/03... whoa, I'm all dizzy.

Yeah I'm definitely picking up the new Guilty Gear game for $20 and the Street Fighter thing thats coming to XBox. Still Capcom vs SNK mystifies me.

[quote name='evilpenguin9000']Yeah I'm definitely picking up the new Guilty Gear game for $20 and the Street Fighter thing thats coming to XBox. Still Capcom vs SNK mystifies me.[/quote]

Anything specific?

[quote name='SpookyD']I'm pretty sure EO is not an accepted game by the fighting game comunity.[/quote]

It is provided you don't actually play in EO mode. Otherwise, it's the same game.

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='SpookyD']I'm pretty sure EO is not an accepted game by the fighting game comunity.[/quote]

It is provided you don't actually play in EO mode. Otherwise, it's the same game.[/quote]

Not at all, trust me. They changed and fixed all sorts of stuff, the only think that comes to mind that I can rember is that they fixed roll cancels which alone is a pretty big deal.

[quote name='SpookyD'][quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='SpookyD']I'm pretty sure EO is not an accepted game by the fighting game comunity.[/quote]

It is provided you don't actually play in EO mode. Otherwise, it's the same game.[/quote]

Not at all, trust me. They changed and fixed all sorts of stuff, the only think that comes to mind that I can rember is that they fixed roll cancels which alone is a pretty big deal.[/quote]

I thought all the stuff they changed made for a more balanced game than the arcade version. Why wouldn't hardcore fighting game nerdos want that?

[quote name='SpookyD']Not at all, trust me. They changed and fixed all sorts of stuff, the only think that comes to mind that I can rember is that they fixed roll cancels which alone is a pretty big deal.[/quote]

Interesting. I thought you meant not accepted because of it's EO mode, which is the lamest idea I've ever seen for a fighter.

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='SpookyD']Not at all, trust me. They changed and fixed all sorts of stuff, the only think that comes to mind that I can rember is that they fixed roll cancels which alone is a pretty big deal.[/quote]

Interesting. I thought you meant not accepted because of it's EO mode, which is the lamest idea I've ever seen for a fighter.[/quote]

No, they changed stuff, but for fighting fans not to like it would be like barring VF Evo from tournaments and going with straight 4 instead. I'm not saying I'd put such retardation past the real serious guys, but it seems backwards to me.

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='SpookyD']Not at all, trust me. They changed and fixed all sorts of stuff, the only think that comes to mind that I can rember is that they fixed roll cancels which alone is a pretty big deal.[/quote]

Interesting. I thought you meant not accepted because of it's EO mode, which is the lamest idea I've ever seen for a fighter.[/quote]

I've actualy never played EO :oops: . I've heard countless complaints from skilled players though.

To the OP its pretty understandable that you didn't really like it, I think the game has taken some steps away from how things used to be and its a fairly diffrent game, if you want to give it another go though I would sugest starting with either N or C groove, they are pretty easy to pick up, learn what you can do with them and pick a few characters with easy move sets like chun-li P S and A are not very easy to take advantage of when your new to the game N and C are good for starting becaue they build meter fast and easily, K is a little tougher and you can't roll and you don't get meter for attacking but you have somthing called just defence and when you do get meter your supers to a ton more.

I thought it sucked horribly, but I bought it for $10 at the TRU sale, so it i'm not really angry. MVC2 is so much better.

you might just want to stay away from SNK vs. Capcom simply because the game blows anyway...unbalanced, looks crappy, and it's just not fun...I got a chance to play a few rounds at the arcade in Islands of Adventure a couple of months ago. Guess thats just my 2 cents though.

as far as capcom vs. Snk 2 EO being changed around...the roll canceling definately DOES hinder some of the strategies some more advance players use, but for everyone else (as long as you don't use the crappy EO mode) it'll be the same game...

anyone wanna play sometime...SN: Bluenatas.
I'm not the best but it's one of my fav games to play on Live...

CVS2 is hard yo. u dont really learn to use characters, but rather use grooves.

also the characters are hella unbalanced, u wanna use someone with high priorities like Blanka and Sagat who work great with any groove.

a groove is hella popular too becoz sakura and Bison have excellent customs.

I havent played this game in a long time, but I think apart from those four u really need to work hard if u wanna develop skill with other characters.

oh yah, Cammy is a good one too, and Kyosuke is the worst

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='evilpenguin9000']I can accept it's just me, I guess I'm just out of the 2D loop, having played 3D stuff for several years.[/quote]

You'll have plenty of chances to come back. GGX2# Reload, GG Isuka, SF: AC, SVC Chaos, KOF 02/03... whoa, I'm all dizzy.[/quote]

I just blew my wad.

I hate 3D fighters... well, not hate them, per se.. but they just aren't as good as 2D.

It's not that Capcom vs. SNK 2 EO sucks on Xbox, its that the controller's digital pad for Xbox sucks for that particular game. Even when playing in regular mode I have problems with my character continually jumping up and down due to my analog stick. They should have made it possible to deactivate the analog sticks altogether. The game is better with a PS to Xbox controller converter. The PS digital pad is much better than the Xbox one. I find it more precise. Of course, the only problem with that is that with the converter, you can't use the headset online.

Also, the character sprites for the SNK characters are a ten-fold improvement in the graphics department compared to the way they look in the original SNK games. The Capcom stuff is a mixed bag though. It's a mishmash of SF III, and SFA sprites as well as a VERY tired Morrigan sprite. All the characters should be in the same art style IMO. I never got into the different groove systems much. Most of the differences in the grooves aren't that big in the first place.

[quote name='bluenatas09']you might just want to stay away from SNK vs. Capcom simply because the game blows anyway...unbalanced, looks crappy, and it's just not fun...I got a chance to play a few rounds at the arcade in Islands of Adventure a couple of months ago. Guess thats just my 2 cents though.[/quote]XB release is supposedly getting the gameplay fixed

Give me the DC version on a VGA box anytime. I've never played EO, but if you're just starting off I would suggest using the grooves and characters you're most familiar with. If you're used to the Alpha games then go with C-groove for a while, if you're used to the A-ISM in the alpha games, then go with A-Groove, and if you're used to the V-ISM in Alpha games, then go with P-Groove. If you're pretty unfamiliar with the SNK games as I am then stick to the Capcom side first, then venture out. If you're still stuck then don't even worry about team play and just do one-on-one matches to build up your skills.

No way it doesn't suck, you just have to practice and get used to the character's and grooves, which makes this game so great. And don't even bother with the EO mode, it's just going to get you worst.

Definetely get SF:AC that's coming out next year (it's been delayed), and head over to Shoryuken.com's forums if you got anything to ask..

bread's done
Back