Does EB Games stock PC anymore?

burritoman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
51 (100%)
So I went to my local mall today, which has a Babbage's and an EB Games.

Knowing that they are essentially the same store, I went to the less crowded one to pick up Dragon Age for my PC.

After looking the guy asked and said they don't sell enough PC stuff to stock it and to try Best Buy, (not even his partner store...). I didn't go to Babbage's it was too crowded, gonna pick it up at Target tomorrow I guess.

Has anyone else noticed this?

GS stores still sell PC games. Just check out their website. But I have noticed that when you have multiple stores in the same mall, some of them do not have PC games. I have been told a couple of times to try the other store(s) in the mall.

It is a limited selection though. My GS PC rack is just an endcap.

Any of them that sell PC games though should have Dragon Age. I think my GS had about 10 or more copies of it behind the register sealed.

They won't recommend the other one in the mall because they are constantly battling for who has the higher sales. For that alone, they'd rather send you outside the mall, because if one of the stores gets too low, they'll shut it down.

Babbage's has a disadvantage already because of the name!

Normally I go to Best Buy or Target for when I want to pick up a retail copy. The local GS barely gets any PC games in stock. And when they do, it's only a few copies. I picked up Batman: AA a while back, and the guy who sold it to me told me they only had 2 copies of it.

[quote name='SNAKE EYES EX']You can't steal sell used PC games, so why would GameStop want to carry them?[/QUOTE]

True. I remember back when they used to, I think it was SNES era of gaming though.

[quote name='SNAKE EYES EX']You can't steal sell used PC games, so why would GameStop want to carry them?[/QUOTE]

For the same reason they carry new games at all. Their margin is pretty small on such stuff, but it's purpose is to generate foot traffic. You come in to buy a new game and hopefully you will buy some used stuff, which is where they make the big profits. Of course, as someone else pointed out, most stores have a very, very, very small selection of PC games now. There simply isn't that much of a market for them, unfortunately.

bread's done
Back