Does Gamecrazy do returns on Bootleg GBA games?

Radioactive_Man

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
My friend found a copy of Castlevania Aria of Sorrow.Bought it for me since I had been looking for a copy of it for some time. It's totally bootleg right down to the NIntondo back.

Would they let him return it because it's a bootleg?

[quote name='Radioactive_Man']My friend found a copy of Castlevania Aria of Sorrow.Bought it for me since I had been looking for a copy of it for some time. It's totally bootleg right down to the NIntondo back.

Would they let him return it because it's a bootleg?[/QUOTE]

They should. If not, make a big stink and threaten to report them to the authorities.

If you bought it from there, they better take it back. If they don't, email big N and tell them your local game store is selling bootlegs :twisted:

The dude talked to me on the phone like I was some douchebag, I can see why some of you people here hate game stores now, I wasn't even a dick at all just explained that I didn't want a ROM version of a game. He said I could return the game and get something else. Hopefully another GC has one in my area, I don't want store credit. No special orders either I shouldn't have to pay for it at least, they need to check the games more often for bootleg games. I know I do at work.

Sheesh... this is why I warned my relatives about bootleg GBA games (my cousin will soon be the proud owner of a backlit SP and will want games for it, natch) and why I take my SP to these places to test cart-only games.

[quote name='Sailorneorune'] and why I take my SP to these places to test cart-only games.[/QUOTE]

You're kidding? I just ask them to use one of their used sps, they never seem to have a problem. Hell sometimes I'll just stand there and play it for 15 minutes to make sure I like it.

Call Nintend and report them? LOL. Besides a recipt there is no proof that actual item was pruchased from them. Since games do not have serial numbers it is likley that someone could simply swap there bootleg version out. I would love to hear Nintendo's response to this.

It's the game store's responsibility to know what they're buying/selling.

It takes 2 seconds to be 99.9% sure a GBA game isn't a bootleg. A good time investment for a game store.

[quote name='Jeoff']It's the game store's responsibility to know what they're buying/selling.

It takes 2 seconds to be 99.9% sure a GBA game isn't a bootleg. A good time investment for a game store.[/QUOTE]

Have you worked in a gamestore? Sure it may take 2 seconds, but thats in between giving trade-in prices over the phone, doing a trade-in, screaming at kids to stop smacking the tv, and ringing up a purchase.

Please keep in mind not every single person knows what a bootleg looks like, infact some are near impossible to identify.

Bootleg Castlevania sighting: I saw a bootleg Harmony of Dissonance while on my excellent adventure in Mayfield and Paducah, KY last week. I was so sad when I saw the Chinese characters on the cart label... I almost cried.

bread's done
Back