Does GameStop.com charge tax to Illinois?

N5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Will I have to pay sales tax for my order?
GameStop.com is required to collect sales tax for orders shipped to states where sales taxes are applicable.
The sales tax total displayed during checkout is an estimate. This estimated rate will be adjusted to the actual rate when payment is processed, therefore the confirmation receipt total may vary slightly from the total billed via the method of payment.
State and local sales tax rates are subject to change at any time.

That is what I found. Doesn't really answer my question. I'm about to buy a xbox 360 and wondering whether to get the gamestop.com deal or overstock deal(I can't get the 10% to appear in my checkout, WTF?)

Overstock is suppose to have 10% off and free shipping which puts the 360 at $360. The gamestop is $400 with ghost recon advanced war fighter and 1 yr warranty replacement plan(I thought they all had the deal from Microsoft now?).

Yeah, so if someone can clear up any of the questions it would be great.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']I'm pretty sure they charge tax for any state that they have a store in (which I think is all of them).[/QUOTE]

They didn't charge tax before the GameStop/EBgames merger before when I ordered my Nintendo DS. This is why I'm confused if they now charge tax or not. I guess they do?

[quote name='N5']They didn't charge tax before the GameStop/EBgames merger before when I ordered my Nintendo DS. This is why I'm confused if they now charge tax or not. I guess they do?[/QUOTE]

They didn't have in-store returns back then, now that they do they have to charge tax.

bread's done
Back