Does Gamestop offer trading bonuses?

skychotic

CAGiversary!
What I mean is let's say I trade in 30 games at Gamestop. Do I get some sort of bonus for trading in so many games?

Only if they're running a trade-in promotion. Wait for an extra 30% off. Or better yet, make a FS/FT (for sale/for trade) list in the trading forum.

Yeah, I'm thinking about trading in a bunch of games because of that Rock Band deal, so I'll be getting an extra 40%. I'll still be getting ripped off but not quite as badly. I just thought it would be even better if I got some sort of bonus on top of that but I guess no such thing exists.....

well if you buy their edge card you will get an extra 10% on your trade in value..

Quickly just list the games here you are going to trade in, I am curious.

No matter what you trade in you will get ripped off. For most older games you get $1-2 so a 40-50% bonus on that is a joke. For newer games that trade for about $25 you can sell em here quite easily for more usually.

Need for Speed: Most Wanted (PS2)
Jak 3 (PS2)
Simpsons: Hit and Run (PS2)
Star Wars: KOTOR (Xbox)
Burnout 3 (PS2)
Call of Duty 3 (360)
Splinter Cell Double Agent (360)
God of War (PS2)
SSX on Tour (PS2)
GTA: Liberty City Stories (PS2)
NBA Street V3 (PS2)
Crackdown (360)
Burnout Revenge (PS2)
Destroy All Humans (Xbox)
Halo (Xbox)
Bioshock (360)
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland (360)
Just Cause (360)
ATV Offroad Fury 4 (PS2)
Indigo Prophecy (Xbox)
Half-Life 2 (Xbox)
Guitar Hero (PS2)
LEGO Star Wars (PS2)
Resident Evil 4 (PS2)
Red Dead revolver (PS2)
Devil May Cry (PS2)
Ace Combat 4 (PS2)

This should make a big dent in my Rock Band purchase price but like you guys said, I'll be getting raped up the *** even with an extra 40%. I don't know what to do.

Dude, I'd honestly try and sell those games on this board. It's more work, but you've got a couple games in there that people would probably want for a better price (Bioshock, COD 4, SC: DA, Guitar Hero).

I think I might try to do that. I know I can't do the eBay thing because for whatever reason my credit card/address info isn't accepted when I try signing up and I don't want to have to jump through hoops to figure out why.

You can also check the CAG wiki for somewhat recent prices. That will give you an idea of what value you are getting.

Make a quick trade list and see what happens.

well he would probably snag on the 40% bonus for the rock band pre-order and also the bonus $10 on the 2 360 games I actually think it may not be that bad then all that gets 10% with the edge card... hmmm

I am also in a little pickle and want to dump a bunch of games but do not want to deal with ebay or paypal lol....

I have 24 games im looking to unload and my ruff estimates and what I got from the Wiki im looking at around 70+ dollars ;)

My rule of thumb has been that I can usually (for most games) sell a game for at least $5. If I had 24 games, I'd hope to get at least $120.

Bioshock is worth $30 at Gamerush and GameCrazy, and only $20 at Gamestop.
Call Of Duty 3 is worth $7 at Gamestop, and double at Gamerush.

You're better off selling them here. You'll easily cover the cost of Rock Band.

bread's done
Back