Does nayone know where to sell import games?

canadiancrowe

CAG Veteran
Feedback
4 (100%)
I have Lupin III for ps2, the japanese version. i posted on e-bay but i doubt anyone will but it. So i'm thinking of other wyas to sell it.
i posted in other trade games forums, but no luck.
anyone have any other ideas?

[quote name='canadiancrowe']I have Lupin III for ps2, the japanese version. i posted on e-bay but i doubt anyone will but it. So i'm thinking of other wyas to sell it.
i posted in other trade games forums, but no luck.
anyone have any other ideas?[/QUOTE]
Besides eBay, the only other places that will take import trades would be those selling imports themselves. In NYC, import stores will buy back games but don't expect a heavy ROI.

[quote name='CappyCobra']Besides eBay, the only other places that will take import trades would be those selling imports themselves. In NYC, import stores will buy back games but don't expect a heavy ROI.[/QUOTE]

Where are there stores in NYC that do import games?
I only knew of Game Express but now they are out of business.
Any near Times square or MSG areas?

Also, depending on the price, I might take the Lupin off your hands.

im selling it on ebay for 17 bucks now and likely wont sell. I'll ship it for free but it will be standard shipping. It has no manual but is in perfect condition. with a case and everything. my user name is canadiancrowe. If you do but it have have a bunch of capcom anime here that i cant sell (it came from the offices and there are hole sint he upcs) that i could give to you.

and thanks for the help cappy!

FYI Gexpress didnt go out of business they simply made more money online, especially with the rent they paid, which was unsurprisingly in the 5 digit mark according to the owner, that and that gaming store down the block killed them on pricing, they do have another store near BMCC I think its called Game Park or something, if I locate thier business card I'll post thier info.

For those that are curious, these are some of the places I got imports new/used:
Been a while since I've last been, but worth a shot.

Elizabeth Center (13-17 Elizabeth Street, one block away from Mott Street)
There is at least one import shop in there. Decent prices, plus you can haggle a bit :D

J&L Game Trading Inc. (28 Elizabeth Street)
These guys tend to be a bit pricier and less prone to haggling. (at least in my experiance). Still, thier stuff is for the most part in decent shape
Phone: 212-233-3399
Fax: 212-233-5981

For a list of the rest of the NYC locals, hit'em up here:
http://www.blueshinra.com/misc/shopping.shtml

[quote name='Epic Wolf']FYI Gexpress didnt go out of business they simply made more money online, especially with the rent they paid, which was unsurprisingly in the 5 digit mark according to the owner, that and that gaming store down the block killed them on pricing, they do have another store near BMCC I think its called Game Park or something, if I locate thier business card I'll post thier info.[/QUOTE]

Finally found the card...

Game Park Inc.
82 West Broadway (btw. Chambers & Warren st.)
New York , NY 10007
(212) 571-3466
(212) 571-3516 FAX

Store is or was owned by Game Express' former owner...they might have sold ownership when they closed 32nd st. store...

[quote name='CappyCobra']For those that are curious, these are some of the places I got imports new/used:
Been a while since I've last been, but worth a shot.

Elizabeth Center (13-17 Elizabeth Street, one block away from Mott Street)
There is at least one import shop in there. Decent prices, plus you can haggle a bit :D

J&L Game Trading Inc. (28 Elizabeth Street)
These guys tend to be a bit pricier and less prone to haggling. (at least in my experiance). Still, thier stuff is for the most part in decent shape
Phone: 212-233-3399
Fax: 212-233-5981

For a list of the rest of the NYC locals, hit'em up here:
http://www.blueshinra.com/misc/shopping.shtml[/QUOTE]
I actually prefer the other store's in that area such as :
PENGUIN VILLAGE
13 ELIZABETH STREET, NEW YORK, NY 10013
Phone: (212) 219-3768

Theres actually a few import shops located downstairs in the Elizabeth Street Ctr. Mall, tons of stuff ranging from anime to collectibles, merchants are usually very negotiable if u buy a few things...they also mod old systems 2...

You could also try Multimedia 1.0 down in St. Mark's. It was formerly owned by Defender, but, last I checked, it was still in business and had the same level of quality. (They hooked me up with my PSP Playgear case weeks before I could find it anywhere else in the City.)

They sell imports, so they're not a bad place to check.

I remember that store, they broke the street date on Halo 2 & sold it the Friday before it's official release...

[quote name='Epic Wolf']I actually prefer the other store's in that area such as :
PENGUIN VILLAGE
13 ELIZABETH STREET, NEW YORK, NY 10013
Phone: (212) 219-3768

Theres actually a few import shops located downstairs in the Elizabeth Street Ctr. Mall, tons of stuff ranging from anime to collectibles, merchants are usually very negotiable if u buy a few things...they also mod old systems 2...[/QUOTE]
That's the one where I'm able to haggle. I forgot the name with old age ;) Thanks for joggin the noggin :D

[quote name='canadiancrowe']im selling it on ebay for 17 bucks now and likely wont sell. I'll ship it for free but it will be standard shipping. It has no manual but is in perfect condition. with a case and everything. my user name is canadiancrowe. If you do but it have have a bunch of capcom anime here that i cant sell (it came from the offices and there are hole sint he upcs) that i could give to you.

and thanks for the help cappy![/QUOTE]

Capcom made anime? Are these dvds your referring to Region...uh...that Japanese one? 2 i think....

bread's done
Back