Does not Work / Missing Parts = Great Deal

TimTucker

CAGiversary!
To my interest and surprise I came across a nice little find at Goodwill on Sunday -- a Sega Saturn in seemingly very good condition with two stickers on it: "Does not Work" and "Missing Parts". Upon close inspection, I saw that it came with both an RF adapter and a controller. Opening the hatch in the back, the battery was present, and I didn't hear odd noises when shaking it a little.

Which left the only "missing part" that I could think of -- the power cable.

Hoping that the reason why it didn't work was that it was just missing the power cable, I went ahead and picked it up along with a copy of Jurassic Park.

Lo and behold, when I plugged in a power cable and stuck in the game it worked perfectly.

And here's the kicker...

Total spent:
$1.99 for Jurassic Park
$1.99 for a "broken" Sega Saturn

Dam, I can't wait until I head up to Wis. so I can check tons of Goodwills, hopefully I can score some sweet game deals like this.

This is why I love it when some stores or people mark their systems as broken. Usually it's nothing more than a missing cord or a simple mechanical fix that takes less than two minutes. Reminds me of that one store that was selling a whole stockpile of "broken" Saturns and Dreamcasts for 50 cents apiece via eBay.

Gorgeous deal, OP!

[quote name='Prepster']Dam, I can't wait until I head up to Wis. so I can check tons of Goodwills, hopefully I can score some sweet game deals like this.[/QUOTE]

lol, Ive found jackshit at all the Wisconsin goodwills I went to. Hopefully you find better deals than me.

bread's done
Back