Does sunday night football's broadcast team usually suck?

hutno

CAGiversary!
Usually im sleeping before class but tonight I watched. Tonights production has just been flat out terriable, way too much time spent talking about Bruschi. The announcers just needed to STFU and comment on the game. They completely skipped over a play that lead to a fumble so they could show the 15th interview of the night. There analysis sucked, they barely had any replays. So is it usually this bad?

Yes, and Mike Patrick thinks every play is the craziest thing ever. OMG, Buschi is taking a drink of Gatorade!!!!

However, I think Fox's coverage is the worst. At least they axed some of the rediculous robot graphics that plagued my TV for the last 5 years.

Yes. The Sunday night team is horrible. They miss calls on the field and generally just get things wrong all the time. It's like they are watching something completely different. I also think that they don't know the rules of the game - they never seem to know what a flag is for until the ref makes the call. It's really pathetic and I'm positive any football fan could do a better job.

I agree that they are pretty bad. Announcing has gotten so bad on all the networks that I've gotten into the habit of watching games with the sound off.

Yeah, they get pretty damn worked up about things. I mean it's great that Bruschi was back, but you'd think he was the only player out there. Thankfully they don't do next weeks MNF game. Colts vs. Patriots. The hoopla over that is gonna be so ridiculous.

That was awful, they had two interviews during both fumbles. They didn't even resume the play by play until after they were leaving the field. Madden is still worse, though.

They are by far the worst headline team in all of NFL Broadcasting. They get ridiculed by EVERYONE. Dr. Z on CNNSI rips them every year. They're horrendous.

A perfect combo would be Michaels and Aikman. Aikman knows his stuff, and just overall a great analyst. Michaels? What can't you say about this guy. "Do you believe in Miracles?"

[quote name='CaseyRyback']this should be their last year. If ESPN moves them to monday night, I may start sending them hate mail.[/QUOTE]

I think Michaels signed on for MNF for ESPN, Madden's going to NBC and I think their going to keep Theisman and that other fat guy with the beard.

I can't believe their moving MNF to cable. It's just been a staple of Monday night viewing to have MNF on network TV.

Aikman's pretty damn good as someone said.

The only team that doesn't annoy me is the #1 CBS team with Simms. When I lived back home in the northeast I would mute the tv and turn on the radio team.

[quote name='jlarlee']The only team that doesn't annoy me is the #1 CBS team with Simms. When I lived back home in the northeast I would mute the tv and turn on the radio team.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, Phil Simms does a good job. He's about the only national announcer for any sport thats any good. I would have turned the radio on this week but it was about 10 seconds ahead of the TV.

bread's done
Back