Does TRU take checks?

VanillaGorilla

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
I refuse to call my local TRU, since the last time I did, the put me on hold twice, for a total of 36 minutes, all because I wanted to know if they had 1 particular game. Anyways, does TRU take personal checks? I ask because I know a lot of stores are refusing to take them. I can only hit up my TRU today, but I don't get paid until tommorrow, and figure I can float a check to TRU. Anyone know if they take them?

[quote name='onetrackmind']yes when i worked there they did (about 2 years ago), i assume they still do[/QUOTE]

well hell, my EB took checks two years ago.. they've since changed..

[quote name='Scorch']well hell, my EB took checks two years ago.. they've since changed..[/QUOTE]

haha this is true, thats why i noted that it was two years ago. Thanks for busting my balls :)

Id be careful trying to float a check, I thought alot of places are able to electronically find out if the check would clear or not... but Im not positive as the only time I ever use checks in stores is with company work checks, which are scanned through at places like Home Depot...

If you are able to, Id get a credit card... just be careful

[quote name='zman73']Id be careful trying to float a check, I thought alot of places are able to electronically find out if the check would clear or not... but Im not positive as the only time I ever use checks in stores is with company work checks, which are scanned through at places like Home Depot...

If you are able to, Id get a credit card... just be careful[/QUOTE]

I have seen more and more stores doing this. They basically treat your check like a debit card. You write the check, they run it through a machine that takes it out of your account and then hand your check back to you. Not sure if TRU does this, but I have seen it at other places. I have had company checks ran through this way at various locations but I am not sure how many places are using this system. Some stores have this policy shown on signs at the registers, so you might want to look first before you buy.

Wow. Maybe if you don't have enough money in your bank account to cover the cost of one game you shouldn't be buying it in the first place. Also, no man pays for anything in person with a check.

[quote name='javeryh']Wow. Maybe if you don't have enough money in your bank account to cover the cost of one game you shouldn't be buying it in the first place. Also, no man pays for anything in person with a check.[/QUOTE]

Very true. Checks are for paying bills through the mail. The only people who pay with checks in person are old ladies. Grow a pair and get a debit card.

God you people are jackasses.

1. Screw credit cards.

2. I have enough money for one game, but I am doing the Buy TWO, Get 1 free.

3. Not everyone lives in a place where they can just decide to go to TRU whenever they want. For me, TRU is a 50 minute drive away, and the sale ends what, this weekend?

4. Places like Wal Mart and Target don't automatically scan checks for funds, so why would a place like Toys R Us?

5. Whatever happened to answering a question in a polite way, instead of coming in here and spouting your stupid crap like "Only old ladies use checks". I guess being a cheap ass also includes being an asshole.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']God you people are jackasses.

[/QUOTE]

OK, I'll apologize for being an ass but you seriously needed to hear it. If you don't have enough money in the bank to buy TWO games (and probably a lot more than that) then you shouldn't be buying them in the first place. At least you are smart enough to not get a credit card.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']I refuse to call my local TRU, since the last time I did, the put me on hold twice, for a total of 36 minutes, all because I wanted to know if they had 1 particular game. Anyways, does TRU take personal checks? I ask because I know a lot of stores are refusing to take them. I can only hit up my TRU today, but I don't get paid until tommorrow, and figure I can float a check to TRU. Anyone know if they take them?[/QUOTE]

The TRU where I go takes checks. They ask for a Driver License.

Let me clear things up. The reason I can't afford two games today is that I only get paid every 2 weeks, and only have about $50 left. However, I get paid tommorrow, so it's not like I can't afford the games, I can, but just not today. And I won't get another chance to get to Toys R Us, since like I said, it's a long drive, and with my work schedule the way it is, I wouldn't have the time to take 2 hours to go to Toys R Us and back. I am fully aware of the benefits of a credit card, but from experiences with friends and family, they always seem to lead to trouble. I have a Visa check card, but the money comes right out whenever I make a purchase.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Let me clear things up. The reason I can't afford two games today is that I only get paid every 2 weeks, and only have about $50 left. However, I get paid tommorrow, so it's not like I can't afford the games, I can, but just not today. And I won't get another chance to get to Toys R Us, since like I said, it's a long drive, and with my work schedule the way it is, I wouldn't have the time to take 2 hours to go to Toys R Us and back. I am fully aware of the benefits of a credit card, but from experiences with friends and family, they always seem to lead to trouble. I have a Visa check card, but the money comes right out whenever I make a purchase.[/QUOTE]

Credit Cards lead to trouble if one is weak minded... but used properly they help raise one's credit score, I buy, buy, buy, but make sure my balance goes down each month... I have excellent credit by the way

The trick to having credit cards is not to spend over 25% of the credit limit... that shows other creditors you are responsible and wont overspend... with that,they will slowly begin to raise that limit and raising your score... I started in college with one Discover card with a 1000 limit... I have over 50 times that available on my cards now

I am very well versed now on what it takes now to establish and get good credit, after a disputed set of marks against me that I spent months getting rid of, helped my wife establish very good credit as well... credit cards are not bad

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']God you people are jackasses.[/QUOTE]

If you are just gonna spew out random insults, ill throw some out at you... YOU'RE GAY!!! YOU DO IT WITH MONKEYS!!!

[quote name='help1']If you are just gonna spew out random insults, ill throw some out at you... YOU'RE GAY!!! YOU DO IT WITH MONKEYS!!![/QUOTE]

Well not necessarily, I mean they do make girl monkeys.

I didn't say use a credit card, but a debit card. huge difference. it has the ease of a credit card without the interest rate. Same thing as a check, just a lot easier.

javery, come off it. because he gets paid one day too late to make it to a sale, you have to come in here and act like his financial advisor, and then insult him.

so if he doesn't have $100 in his bank account, he shouldn't be buying games? i have like $30 in mine and I'm still buying games. I already paid rent and bills for the month, and my fridge and cupboards are full of food. he asked "does TRU take checks", not "hey can someone come manage my budget for the last week of october?".

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']God you people are jackasses.

1. Screw credit cards.

3. Not everyone lives in a place where they can just decide to go to TRU whenever they want. For me, TRU is a 50 minute drive away, and the sale ends what, this weekend?

4. Places like Wal Mart and Target don't automatically scan checks for funds, so why would a place like Toys R Us?

5. Whatever happened to answering a question in a polite way, instead of coming in here and spouting your stupid crap like "Only old ladies use checks". I guess being a cheap ass also includes being an asshole.[/QUOTE]

I didnt know being a Cheap Ass included bouncing checks to get games. Glad I know now. :D

he isn't bouncing, its called floating. basically, using a check the day before payday. the money goes in to his account at midnight. he plans to pay for it =/

[quote name='LaseK']so if he doesn't have $100 in his bank account, he shouldn't be buying games? i have like $30 in mine and I'm still buying games. I already paid rent and bills for the month, and my fridge and cupboards are full of food. he asked "does TRU take checks", not "hey can someone come manage my budget for the last week of october?".[/QUOTE]

ahhh ... the blind leading the blind...

bread's done
Back