Does Walmart ever have sales?

ddog510

CAGiversary!
Feedback
94 (100%)
I have a Walmart giftcard and I was just wondering what their history is on marking down video games. I know lots of stores have marked down recent releases such as ACB and Fable 3 down to $35-$40. Is it plausible Walmart will follow suit soon?

Two easy options:

1. Bring in this week's Best Buy ad showing AssCreed:BroHood for $35 and you can get it for that price right at the checkout register.

2. Find any adult friend/relative to buy it from you for full cash price.

Anyone who does grocery shopping usually does some/most/all of it at Wal-mart and considers a WM GC the same as cash.

:rofl: Sales at MSRP*Mart? Hell no. The rare store may actually mark stuff down, but none around here ever have.

As for price drops/sales, usually WalMart and Best Buy are the last two places to do them.

lol my local Wal-Mart has a big case full of old games they never mark down. There are tons of old sports titles as far back as like 2006 or 2007 along with other old games games priced way way above what they should be. While the occasional item they will slowly mark down, 75% of the time they just let it waste space in the store. When they put an item on clearance it is usually seems like a 5-10% discount, barely putting a dent in their outrageous prices.

The only great deal I ever remember getting at Wal-Mart was Age of Empires III collectors edition. Not long after release I saw this in store marked down to I think $20. I lived elsewhere then and the Wal-Mart was a bit better.

The only good nationwide markdown in recent memory was Rock Band 1 Drum Sets being sold for $10 each. That was I'm guessing a year ago or so.

Now if you are talking about sales, yeah they have them such as the giftcard deals when buying a console. But their sales are very infrequent compared to just about anywhere else. Usually if you want a good deal at Wal-Mart it requires price matching another store since they have the best price matching policies that I know of.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='aem']lol my local Wal-Mart has a big case full of old games they never mark down. There are tons of old sports titles as far back as like 2006 or 2007 along with other old games games priced way way above what they should be. While the occasional item they will slowly mark down, 75% of the time they just let it waste space in the store. When they put an item on clearance it is usually seems like a 5-10% discount, barely putting a dent in their outrages prices.

The only great deal I ever remember getting at Wal-Mart was Age of Empires III collectors edition. Not long after release I saw this in store marked down to I think $20. I lived elsewhere then and the Wal-Mart was a bit better.

The only good nationwide markdown in recent memory was Rock Band 1 Drum Sets being sold for $10 each. That was I'm guessing a year ago or so.

Now if you are talking about sales, yeah they have them such as the giftcard deals when buying a console. But their sales are very infrequent compared to just about anywhere else. Usually if you want a good deal at Wal-Mart it requires price matching another store since they have the best price matching policies that I know of.[/QUOTE]
The one older style non supercenter WM around here still had copies of Dino Crisis 2 for PS1 and one of the first Tony Hawk games for N64 still in a big metal dump bin in electronics until just a few years ago, if that gives you any idea of how long some WM stores hold onto stock.

Funny thing is, I had them price check both the one night and they both came up sticker price($30 for DC2 and $50-60 for TH).:roll:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']The one older style non supercenter WM around here still had copies of Dino Crisis 2 for PS1 and one of the first Tony Hawk games for N64 still in a big metal dump bin in electronics until just a few years ago, if that gives you any idea of how long some WM stores hold onto stock.[/QUOTE]

My Walmart has had Hyperscan crap on clearance for 3+ years. Not sure if it's toxic so they just don't throw it away. The store also has a copy of :xbox: Pariah for 29.98.

Most Wal-Marts have a dump bin on the side or end of the game rack with all the random leftover unsold titles that pile up. Once they reach the bin, they usually get marked down to the $29.XX range, but by that point it's usually shit that can be had everywhere else for less than $10, most of it less than $5 even.

plasticjungle.com - I exchanged my $100 Walmart GC when I got my PS3, and got $96 Amazon monies. You can also exchange for other GC, or get cash, paypal, etc.

bread's done
Back