does your ps3 still turn on sometimes?

shadowrep

CAGiversary!
ever since 2.01 it happend once BUT in 2.00 IT NEVER did it just wondering has it happend to anyone yet mabye i might of sat on controller 2 but dont know lol just asking but im thinking mabye i just sat on a pad cause never happend since btw add me shadowrep

lol i mean has ANYONEs PS3 been turning on by itself XD lol sry after firmware 2.01 it happend to me once thats why lol

it happened to me twice since the upgrade. once about 15 minutes after the update and the following day i came home to find it on. i now flip the switch off in the back now just to make sure.

Mine sure used to with 1.90. I only yesterday got off my butt and upgraded to 2.01 - so far no ghostly turn ons...hmmm...

TexTuna

I don't think so. The only questionable time was about a month ago. But I can't remember if I somehow forgot to turn the thing off before I left. I was in a hurry, so I might have forgotten. In that case, no it has never happened to me.

Also, do you have the Bluetooth remote control for controlling DVD's and BD's? That thing is crazy sensitive and any button will wake up the PS3. It does it all the time for me if someone nudges it.

[quote name='Milkyman']actually this has happened to me twice recently, dont know why[/quote]
It has to do with the "Remote Play Auto-Start" or whatever it's called. If you enable it, certain routers will cause the PS3 to wake up at random. 2.01 was supposed to fix some of the problems. After upgrading to 2.01, mine turned on once that day, but hasn't turned itself on since.

I noticed mine on the other day but I may of forgot to turn it off a couple days ago when I was messing around with it. Controller was completely dead as well, so it may be that it accidently turned on via controller too. I have no animals either.

Now it's turned off though as I made sure of it but I'll keep an eye out.

I have had it turn on when I wasnt home. But thats probably because a fly landed on my PS3 Bluray remote...

The thing is ANNOYING. If you touch any part of it with the slightest of touches the console turns on...

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-PlayStation-Blu-ray-Disc-Remote/dp/B000M17AVO

I hate that you dont have to point at the ps3 in order to register it as a press. Because if you are laying down with the remote and you accidently touch it the movie turns off or goes to the menu or pauses...

I love my remote. I can use it through walls, under the blanket across my apartment. I don't generally lay on it much, but when ever I do I always find the "cancel what ever you're doing and destroy all progress button."

I greatly prefer it to using the sixaxis as I input commands for 5 seconds and then spend 2 hours watching movies. My controllers never shut themselves off...

bread's done
Back