Dollar General $3.00 Anime Dvds!!!

new1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
Hey Hey Hey Guys and Gals just thought I would drop a note about this cool deal I found! Cheap Anime Dvd's at Dollar General. Appears mainly to be just like the Big Lots deal but only 3.00 dollars and not so many titles/cool deals

Title bought:

Vandread The Second Stage: Revelations
Gate Keepers 21: Invader Hunters
Gate Keepers 21: The Final Gate (W/ Pencil boards WOOO!)
Tenchi Muyo OVA Vol 1
Tenchi Muyo OVA Vol 4 (Signature Series)
Tenchi Universe Vol 1 (Signature Series)
Tenchi the Movie - Tenchi Muyo in Love (Signature Series)

Titles Seen:

Sailor Moon Super S (Or just S I cant remember but it has Sailor Mercury on the Spine)
GateKeepers (Not sure on the volume but it was signature series)
CardCaptors Sakura (Same as above)
Tenchi in Tokyo (Same as above)
Also various BeyBlade Volumes

So check out your local Dollar General and Happy Hunting!!

Also the Dollar General that I work next too had alot of Anime but the one across town in a Walmart Shopping Center had none, so it may take a few trips ;)

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Nice find! Dollar General just upgraded to a Dollar General Market where I live too. I'll have to check it out.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

Sorry, but the thought of a Dollar General upgrade just makes me laugh.

[quote name='XboxHardcore.com']WTF is Dollar General?[/QUOTE]

Same thing as Dollar Tree/Dollar Town/Try-N-Save and any other number of thrifty general stores. You've honestly never seen a straight-up general store?

I don't have any Dollar General's near me, just Dollar Trees. Damn. I'd pick up Sailor Moon for no reason other than the fact that Sailor Jupiter really turns me on.

here is a better list from dvdtalk thread

Cardcaptors: 1 (Signature Series)
Beyblade: Various, Season 1
Gate Keepers: 1, 2, 4, 6 (Signature Series)
Gate Keepers 21: 1, 2
Sailor Moon S TV Series: 1 (Signature Series)
Sailor Moon Super S: 6 (Pegasus Collection)
Tenchi Muyo!: 2
Tenchi Muyo!: 1, 2, 3, 4 (Signature Series)
Tenchi in Tokyo: 1, 2, 3 (Signature Series)
Tenchi Universe: 1, 2, 3 (Signature Series)
Tenchi the Movie: Tenchi in Love (Signature Series)
Vandread: First Stage: 1, 4
Vandread: Second Stage: 2

HA! Now THIS is interesting... I used to work at one in my area before going back to school (needed tuition money! :( ), and the girls who work up there probably think of me when sorting the anime. That is, if they got any up there.

I'm definitely going to check out the two closest Dollar General stores on the way home this afternoon. Thanks for the heads up, OP!

This is a hot deal! I stopped in at the closest Dollar General, and picked up:

Tenchi Muyo! OVA Vol. 1 w/some kinda coin featuring Ryoko
Tenchi Muyo! OVA Vol. 4
Tenchi the Movie: Tenchi Muyo In Love
Tenchi in Tokyo Vol. 1
Tenchi Universe Vol. 1
Vandread The Second Stage Vol. 2: Sacrifice
Gate Keepers: Open the Gate! Vol. 1
Gate Keepers 21 Vol. 1
Gate Keepers 21 Vol. 2

And of course I'm going to keep checking my local Dollar General stores to see if the volumes I'm missing turn up. Major, major thanks for posting this deal, OP! This is the cheapest anime score I've ever had! :D

Thanks a lot OP!

I managed to pick up:
Tenchi Muyo OVA vol. 1 and 4
Tenchi in Tokyo vol. 1
Tenchi Universe vol. 1
Tenchi the Movie

I was hoping to find volumes 2 and 3 of the Tenchi OVA, but after searching 5 stores I've given up searching for them around here; So, if anyone happens to run across them, think you could pick up one or both for me?

[quote name='darkwingduck13']
Tenchi Muyo! OVA Vol. 1 w/some kinda coin featuring Ryoko
[/QUOTE]

Dude!!! I picked up that one too but I didnt get a coin! ugh and its the non signature series! Freaking lucky you are!

[quote name='Ledhed']Same thing as Dollar Tree/Dollar Town/Try-N-Save and any other number of thrifty general stores. You've honestly never seen a straight-up general store?[/QUOTE]
Not to quibble, but a Dollar Tree is very different from a Dollar General. A Dollar Tree is actually a dollar store. That is, everything there is a dollar or less. A Dollar General is more like a discount store, like Big Lots, Family Dollar, or Maxway. Items are cheap, but they aren't all a dollar or less.

[quote name='new1']Dude!!! I picked up that one too but I didnt get a coin! ugh and its the non signature series! Freaking lucky you are![/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was just coming back to post about that. The copy of Tenchi Muyo OVA Vol 1 that I picked up is NOT the Signature Series, and that's why I got some kind of coin with it. I don't know whether or not there are more of those out there, but at least now I know why this particular one came with an extra item. :D

They didn't have any at the Dollar General in Slidell, but Big Lots had Maho Romatic and some other crap. I will go looking for more, certainly.

I checked out THREE other Dollar General stores in my area, and not ONE of them had any more anime DVDs. :( I don't know where I'll find the rest of the Tenchi volumes I need at this price unless these other stores just haven't gotten their shipments yet. :(

Snagged myself Tenchi The Movie. I never seen any of these Tenchi animes. Are they any good?

[quote name='maxg']Snagged myself Tenchi The Movie. I never seen any of these Tenchi animes. Are they any good?[/QUOTE]

The ova Muyo is the best. The rest is a little complex for me.

[quote name='maxg']Snagged myself Tenchi The Movie. I never seen any of these Tenchi animes. Are they any good?[/QUOTE]
Eh, none are terrible (except maybe the first half of Tenchi in Tokyo), but none are all that great...

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Eh, none are terrible (except maybe the first half of Tenchi in Tokyo), but none are all that great...[/QUOTE]

Tokyo was dreadful. I sorta went into a weird daze while watching it, only to wake up to find the dvd had been replaced with Evil Dead 2.

When I was picking up wrapping paper, I noticed my local Dollar General has restocked with some new titles. It looked like they were starting to get some Bandai releases.

I found a couple of .hack and .hack twlight. They also had an odd assortment of Gundam (Gundam Wing, G Gundam, and SD Gundam). They also had some Witch Hunter Robin as well. No complete series though.

Dammit, I also went to a Dollar General tonight to see if they'd restocked anything. All I found was Beyblade. :roll: I'll have to keep checking if they've got Gundam Wing! I think there's 9 DVDs in the series. $27 for the whole series would be superb. Well, I've got 5 Dollar Generals near by, so I should find something. Hopefully, they've got .hack//twilight vol. 3, and .hack//sign 1,5,6 so I can complete the series'.

I just visited a local Dollar General to find that they have stocked up on some new titles for June. Here's what I remember seeing:

Banner of the Stars II
Magical Meow Meow Taruto - Vol. 1
Mobile Suit Gundam Vol. 1
D.I.C.E. Vol. 1
Witch Hunter Robin Vol. 2
Escaflowne Vol. 5,6
Stratos 4 Vol. 1-2
Melty Lancer the Animation Vol. 2
Argentosma (whatever you call it) Vol. 3, 6
Fancy Lala Vol. 3
G Gundam Vol.1 & 5?6?
S-cry-ed (Anime Legends Version) Vol.2, 3
Infinite Ryvius

So go out and look for these $3 anime dvds now! I picked up the Stratos 4, Escaflowe, Mobile Suit Gundam, and Melty Lancer if anyone's interested in buying them! Just PM me!

*EDIT - Updated the list.

Gah! WHR vol. 2 is the only volume I need to complete the series. I've been waiting since December to complete it. Must...go...now...! Argentosoma vol 6 is one of the two remaining volumes I need to complete that series too.

Meh, with my luck either they won't have what I need, or they haven't came in yet. Thanks for the info though.

If your Dollar General doesn't have anything new in yet, just check back later in the week. Mine told me their shipments don't come in until later in the week, so they could still be on the way. Otherwise all they had was a .Hack vol 6 that was dated Dec. 05.

What volumes of Fancy Lala ? I'm not going to even bother checking any Dollar Generals around here since apparently they don't believe in stocking DVDs period. Go figure. =p

Too bad, there are no Dollar Generals in Vancouver, WA from what I can find. I guess i'll just have to check out Big Lots and hope I can find something there...

Too bad, would have liked to have gotten my grubby paws on some of those Tenchi and Vandred DVDs...

/tear

[quote name='Koshiba']What volumes of Fancy Lala ? I'm not going to even bother checking any Dollar Generals around here since apparently they don't believe in stocking DVDs period. Go figure. =p[/quote] It was volume 3 of Fancy Lala I saw. I also saw Ronin Warriors Vol. 6, Dragon Drive, Kaze no yojimbo, and some live action flick.

bread's done
Back