Donkey Konga 2 (game only) 9.99 at GS

In case anyone needs bongos still...

Last time I was at EB, they had bongos (Nintendo brand, no pack-in game) for only $3. YMMV, I assume, since they probably won't get any more in stock once they run out.

I'm thinknig about buyign the Asian versions of the game considering it seems that America got the worst songs on the Donkey Kongas.

[quote name='Foo228']too bad the game sucks Donkey balls

no really, it does[/quote]

Fixed...

Actually its is...very crappy song selection IMO.

[quote name='Foo228']too bad the game sucks monkey balls

no really, it does[/quote]
I dunno I rented it from gamefly and liked it quite a bit. it's the poor man's guitar hero.

the song selection is acceptable if you are drunk enough.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Fixed...

Actually its is...very crappy song selection IMO.[/quote]

oh my bad, i always thought dk was a monkey and not a donkey #-o

[quote name='dubbfoolio']I dunno I rented it from gamefly and liked it quite a bit. it's the poor man's guitar hero.

the song selection is acceptable if you are drunk enough.[/quote]

why be playing donkey konga when your drunk? sure it supposedly helps concentration but your better off driving :mrgreen: (kidding)

forgive me tho, its gotta be the bad mood

DK1 has way better tracks, but it's still a decent game. For you Konga fans out there, if you haven't had a chance to play Jungle Beat, you should find a copy of that. Great stuff!

[quote name='InvaderZim']My son has this and it's pretty excellent. Reminds me of the old SNES/N64 2d games... great price.[/QUOTE]

You're thinking of Jungle Beat, which is totally rad.

[quote name='vicious7171']DK1 has way better tracks, but it's still a decent game. For you Konga fans out there, if you haven't had a chance to play Jungle Beat, you should find a copy of that. Great stuff![/QUOTE]

Agree 100%.

Donkey Konga 3's the better one of the Donkey Kongas. Unfortunately, 3 never came to the US and trying to save a file from an import copy can result in a corrupt memory card.

The Donkey Konga series had some really crappy music outside of Japan, unfortunately.

[quote name='Tsukento']Donkey Konga 3's the better one of the Donkey Kongas. Unfortunately, 3 never came to the US and trying to save a file from an import copy can result in a corrupt memory card.

The Donkey Konga series had some really crappy music outside of Japan, unfortunately.[/QUOTE]

Do the Japanese versions of 1 & 2 have the same music as the American versions? I would think not. Is 3 the best of the Japanese games?

[quote name='majinvegeta-88']I picked this up at kmart last week for $3.50, so you may wanna check there if you're in the area.[/quote]

i still would've regretted the purchase..

I bought the Jungle Beat Bundle and the extra set of drums for $15 when they had that deal at GS/EB last Christmas. Then I picked up Donkey Konga shortly after that. I might just buy DK2 just to use the drums again and finish the "Bongo collection".

I agree with some of the other posters and must say: Jungle Beat blows Donkey Konga 2 out of the water. Awesome, awesome game.

[quote name='ma']Do the Japanese versions of 1 & 2 have the same music as the American versions? I would think not. Is 3 the best of the Japanese games?[/quote]
Out of the Japanese versions, yeah, #3 is the best. Unfortunately, because of a problem involving the game and non-Japanese GameCubes, it becomes impossible to save progress, which prevents you from getting unlockable music tracks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_songs_in_the_Donkey_Konga_series

Compares the US, Japanese and PAL releases. The Japanese versions had quite a bit of anime openings while having its fair share of Japanese tunes, whereas the US and European releases varied between children's songs, really bad pop music, a FEW samba-type songs and very small amounts of rock. DK2 had the worst tracks in the US and European releases, hence why they never went forward bringing the third game. The first one got a chuckle, while the second was pretty much ignored.

Shame the upcoming Wii title makes absolutely no use of the bongos, as I hear that the Wii remote settings are extremely tiring on the muscles.

Jungle Beat was awesome. Playing through Donkey Konga 2 now and yeah most of the music sucks, but its still fun. After looking at the tracklist for the first though, I definitely want to get it as well.

[quote name='Melatonin']Jungle Beat was awesome. Playing through Donkey Konga 2 now and yeah most of the music sucks, but its still fun. After looking at the tracklist for the first though, I definitely want to get it as well.[/quote]

Donkey Konga 1 is fantastic. I'm not sure why Tsukento says it "got a chuckle" - in my opinion it's a must-buy. I also have Donkey Konga 3, but even with a mod-chip (I have a XenoGC 1.0) game saves don't work. The only way to get game saves to work is, apparently, to install a region switch that actually turns the GC into a Japanese GC (and back again). I tried to do this, but the points you have to solder onto are incredibly small. I mean, really, really incredibly small. It was an utter failure for me. However, I picked up another "broken" Gamecube (which are usually easy fixes) and a set of much smaller wires and I'm going to try again.

Having said that, I'm not that wildly excited about DK3 now that I have it because I can't say that I really like the music (of what is initially available). I was keen on checking out "j-pop" with this game, but as it turns out it wouldn't seem that I like j-pop (at least what's in this game). For the most part it sounds like crappy American pop, perhaps worse. It's sort of funny to listen to, but that only takes you so far. Of course the games is still fun in spite of that, so I would really like to get saves working, and there is some good music among the garbage. The music in the US verison of DK1 is much better, though, IMHO. And mind you, some people really like the j-pop in DK3, so YMMV.

I agree that the song selection in Donkey Konga 2 isn't as good as that of the first game, but to me, the mechanics seemed to work better...as if the notes better lined up with the rhythm of the songs. I've spent quite a few hours with each, and I still feel that way. DK1's beat track seems just a little bit off to me when I play.

[quote name='crunchewy']I'm not sure why Tsukento says it "got a chuckle" - in my opinion it's a must-buy.[/QUOTE]
Don't take that the wrong way. I meant that people got a kick out of the first one, finding it a funny concept, but not something they'd stick with, as shown with the second game.

I already have Donkey Konga 2, I'm just waiting for Donkey Konga and Jungle Beat to price drop!

Donkey Konga 2 is a good game just wish there was more use for the bongos.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']I already have Donkey Konga 2, I'm just waiting for Donkey Konga and Jungle Beat to price drop!

Donkey Konga 2 is a good game just wish there was more use for the bongos.[/quote]

Jungle Beat was $10 to $15 for months at GS/EB.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']I already have Donkey Konga 2, I'm just waiting for Donkey Konga and Jungle Beat to price drop!

Donkey Konga 2 is a good game just wish there was more use for the bongos.[/quote]
Jungle Beat is currently $9.99. No idea WHY Donkey Konga is $17.99 right now. o_O

[quote name='Tsukento']Jungle Beat is currently $9.99. No idea WHY Donkey Konga is $17.99 right now. o_O[/quote]

I have that one already! Great game! I got the two bongos and DKJB for $10 last summer. Now I need a reason to own these two bongo sets. This way my enablers can play too.

[quote name='monkeydeew']i think cc has lots of the jungle beat/bongo combos for 19.99[/QUOTE]

The DK:JB combo is actually $9.99 new at EB/GS if you can find them.

It's actually a load of typical racist japanese bullshit.....let me explain....

1 - Japan- as a whole is one of the most racist countries ever- not in the lets go lynch us some niggas way.....more like.....those sily white people- they would not be able to do this, apreciate that, etc....( BTW unless you are black, or have slanted eyes, you are white....if you have slanted eyes you are chinese korean or "Haaf-u"....yes half ..short for half blood....the japs word similar to muggle in the harry potter series...

anyway as for the song collections......besides givng better games tracks to Japan only...the anime songs....they are not added just because they are anime songs and there to cater to the otakus......they are there because most aime songs are done by the biggest and most popular artist in
Japan and most of those sons are huge radio hits on their own....they are included because they are trendy current smash hits....

So really what is happening is the Japanese company puts cool gaming music with popular current smash hits in thier countries version.....and for the US.....we get fucking BINGO.....and wee-song shit...seriously...campfire melodys....hungarian bullshit 5????? whatkind of sick aids carrying fuck chose this?

Shit like this pisses me off....the fact that games like Dragon Warrior dont get translated pisses me off (esp when financially it is both feasable and likely phenominally proffitable) ...and yeah I know we had one DW translated ....and that took two fucking years!.....and when they do translate shit its all fucked up...FF X....guess what ...if you speak Japanese and played the Japanese versions... the characters dont talk like this anthen suddenlytalkreallyreaalyfastlikethis

grrrr....I could go on and on.......but I need to take a dump

bread's done
Back