Donkey Konga Bongo (1st Party) $7.98 shipped @ GS.com

Cool! thanks for the tip. They also have DK Jungle Beat w/ Bongos, plus a free second set of Bongos for $14.99.

Dont forget to use the SAVER code for free shipping!

[quote name='Gerber']Would these work with the Wii?[/QUOTE]

YES

This price drop is great for folks that couldn't get the cheap bongos with the Jungle Beat due to Jungle Beat being out of stock. I though will have to pass. I alreday have 4 sets and these things are a bear to store.

[quote name='Puffa469']Cool! thanks for the tip. They also have DK Jungle Beat w/ Bongos, plus a free second set of Bongos for $14.99.

Dont forget to use the SAVER code for free shipping![/quote]

Picked this up, might be some fun for a rainy day!

Too bad Donkey konga is only 1 player. What is the 2 player version?

[quote name='soccerstud652']Picked this up, might be some fun for a rainy day!

Too bad Donkey konga is only 1 player. What is the 2 player version?[/quote]
DK: JB is single player. DKonga1 & DKonga2 are up to 4-player multiplayer.

Are these valid in store? 'Cuz I need to get a friend a late Xmas gift, and the DKJB + extra bongo would be a good'n.

[quote name='shrike4242']DK: JB is single player. DKonga1 & DKonga2 are up to 4-player multiplayer.[/quote]

and yet it comes with two bongos? that's weird. oh well. guess I'm in for 2 bongos and DKJB. Damn I love stupid peripherals.

Why didn't people just buy Jungle Beat with two bongos last week for $10? That's what I and most others did. You get the game for free that way.

[quote name='dubbfoolio']and yet it comes with two bongos? that's weird. oh well. guess I'm in for 2 bongos and DKJB. Damn I love stupid peripherals.[/quote]

I think they produced waaaay too many sets of bongos. Every single eb/gs Ive been to in the last few weeks literally has stacks of marked down bongos, and game+bongos sets. They are everywhere.

Close this thread. This is one of those great deals that I have no use for (already have DK:JB & Bongos) and yet feel I should partake in because it's so cheap.

Best to stock up on 'em now then before Bongo Blast comes out on 4/1. I hope they don't expect you to get another set with that game too!

One of my 4 has something rattling around inside, so I grabbed one. Better safe than sorry the next time I have a party, and people wanna bongo!

Bongo Blast?

EDIT: I dont ven know why I bought two of these as I hardly use the two I already own. Oh well, can't really complain about $10.

[quote name='dubbfoolio']and yet it comes with two bongos? that's weird. oh well. guess I'm in for 2 bongos and DKJB. Damn I love stupid peripherals.[/quote]
Donkey Konga came only as a set of game + bongos, as it was the first game released. It's 4-player capable.

Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat came out as game only, as well as game + bongos, as it came out as the second bongos game. It's single-player only.

Donkey Konga 2 came out as game only, as well as game + bongos, as it was the third game out. It's 4-player capable.

I ordered two sets of bongos, as I have one Pelican set, and the Nintendo ones just feel and react better. One in a box as a spare, since I have three Nintendo sets already. SAVER's a great thing on this, as this will likely to come via UPS or FedEx.

And I already have DK1, DK: JB & DK2, so didn't need the DK: JB set + additional bongos, since I believe the trade-in value on DK: JB is next to nothing.

[quote name='David85']Why didn't people just buy Jungle Beat with two bongos last week for $10? That's what I and most others did. You get the game for free that way.[/quote]

heh, I thought it up as all of the 3 items 3.33 each. But that does sound a bit right.

Is this in store as well?

And Bongo Blast? Is that Donkey Konga 3?

SO did anyone actually order these bongos using the SAVER coupon for free shipping? because im trying to do so and i keep getting an error telling me my billing info is incorrect but i know its correct.

If I didn't already have 4 sets of bongos (1 with Donkey Konga, 1 bought separately, and then Jungle Beat w/ bonus + extra bongos recently from EB) then I'd be all over this.

[quote name='David85']Why didn't people just buy Jungle Beat with two bongos last week for $10? That's what I and most others did. You get the game for free that way.[/quote]

damn I missed it. oh well.

I got Donkey Konga with game plus extra set of bongos for $10 total at my local EB in Tysons Corner mall in Northern, VA. This was about 2 weeks ago.

[quote name='kastonie']SO did anyone actually order these bongos using the SAVER coupon for free shipping? because im trying to do so and i keep getting an error telling me my billing info is incorrect but i know its correct.[/quote]

Yes, two sets of them actually. It kept throwing me off because it said it will give me free shipping on my NEXT order. In acutality it meant THIS order. On the checkout screen with the shipping options it still showed 2.99 as the budget price, but at the final order screen it showed that shipping was free. Two bongos for 9.98 + tax. Not bad!

I got the DK:JB + 2 sets of bongos for $10 deal. I don't need anymore bongos. JB is awesome, but now I'm lookin' for Konga. Anyone know where I can find these for cheap.

[quote name='SaMiDaDrAgOn']I got the DK:JB + 2 sets of bongos for $10 deal. I don't need anymore bongos. JB is awesome, but now I'm lookin' for Konga. Anyone know where I can find these for cheap.[/quote]

On the opposite, now I am looking for JB 1 or 2 on the cheap lol.

I believe Konga is a music / rythm game while DKJB is a side-scrolling platformer where you control DK's running and other actions by pounding on the bongos.

[quote name='Kendro']I believe Konga is a music / rythm game while DKJB is a side-scrolling platformer where you control DK's running and other actions by pounding on the bongos.[/quote]

Is DKJB like DKC for SNES whereas Konga is liek a party type game?

[quote name='Kendro']I believe Konga is a music / rythm game while DKJB is a side-scrolling platformer where you control DK's running and other actions by pounding on the bongos.[/quote]You are correct.

Yeah DKJB is a full-fledged platformer (single-player) with boss fights and everything. Donkey Konga is like a Parappa the Rapper type where there is music and timing.

Sounds like fun, well I am glad I only spent $16.29 on this set and hopefully there will be a deal for DK JB 1 or 2 in the near future. If there is one for the game now, please send a link this way.

I have a GC and never really played with it, yet now that I have a Wii I play my GC games all the time. Ironic?

"One or more items in your cart is subject to an additional handling fee due to the unusal size and/or weight of the product. These fees are described in more detail on their respective product information pages.
Handling (No additional shipping fee): $5.98"
Well that just killed the deal for me.

[quote name='David85']Why didn't people just buy Jungle Beat with two bongos last week for $10? That's what I and most others did. You get the game for free that way.[/QUOTE]
Is this deal still active? link?

edit. The Jungle Beat with extra set of bongos doesn't charge me extra, just $16.21 after tax, w/ free shipping.

[quote name='DCGCPlayer']Best to stock up on 'em now then before Bongo Blast comes out on 4/1. I hope they don't expect you to get another set with that game too![/QUOTE]

The fate of Bongo blast is now uncertain. It showed up as a Japanese Wii release. It's US status is uncertain. But I think it's highly improbably that there will be any more Nintendo releases for the Gamecube bongos at this point.

[quote name='David85']Why didn't people just buy Jungle Beat with two bongos last week for $10? That's what I and most others did. You get the game for free that way.[/QUOTE]
Why didn't everyone invest in Apple 10 years ago? :D

But eh, maybe some people just missed the deal, or maybe they need extra bongos...

Does anyone know if GS/EB in-store still give you an extra set of bongos when you purchase Donkey Kong Jungle Beat?

If so, I missed out on the $10 deal and wouldn't mind paying $15 dollars for DK:JB if it came with two sets of bongos!

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Does anyone know if GS/EB in-store still give you an extra set of bongos when you purchase Donkey Kong Jungle Beat?

If so, I missed out on the $10 deal and wouldn't mind paying $15 dollars for DK:JB if it came with two sets of bongos![/QUOTE]
Check out my post at the bottom of the 2nd page. I just ordered it for $15 plus tax, w/ no shipping or extra handling fee.

[quote name='spideymike']Yes, the $10 DKJB deal is dead. It's now back up to $15, which is still a nice deal.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, but I read in that thread that there was a $6 extra handling fee. The page now states that there is a $10 extra handling fee, but I just ordered it for $15, and I didn't get charged any extra handling fee.

Right now I just tried to get 2 sets of bongos and it came out to $16, they added a $3 fee for each set. If I checkout with DKJB with extra bongos, it comes out to $15 since for some reason the system doesn't do that $10 handling charge. If they cancel whatever, I'll head to the store later and see if its $5 there too.

[quote name='CouRageouS']Right now I just tried to get 2 sets of bongos and it came out to $16, they added a $3 fee for each set. If I checkout with DKJB with extra bongos, it comes out to $15 since for some reason the system doesn't do that $10 handling charge. If they cancel whatever, I'll head to the store later and see if its $5 there too.[/quote]

They didn't earlier, when I ordered my two sets. Checked my order, and it's $9.98 + tax, w/SAVER used for shipping. I guess someone wised up about us nailing them for $10+ shipping on UPS or FedEx for a $5 item.

bread's done
Back