Donkey Konga or Tales of Symphonia?

Nephets

CAGiversary!
I was going to go out sometime this week (probably Thursday) to Game Rush to pick up one of these games with my trade-ins. Either one will be about 10 dollars out of pocket after I trade in some CC games I picked up.

I've been looking forward to each of them, I just can't decide which to get, Konga or TOS? I played both, and enjoyed them both the same, this will be the only (new) game I'll be getting until Paper Mario 2 (also preordered at GR), and after PM2 comes MP2 (also preordered at Game Rush).

If you had the choice to only get one of these until the inevitable Christmas time (I'll be getting a new expensive PC then, so I probably won't get much besides some DVD's and the computer), which would you get? TOS or Donkey Konga? I cannot decide for myself as I want them both equally, I just want something to last me for a while and will be fun for a good, long time.

Uh they are two totally different games. Just ask yourself would you rather play a RPG or a rhythm game and go from there. Or go with whichever genre you would play more on a daily basis.

from what i have read in reviews donkey kongs gets boring... in your case, i would say tales... in being that you want the game to last you sometime

Since I really don't think Tales is worth $50 (nor do I believe 99% of games released lately have been...)

I'd have to go with game + kongtroller (SEE HOW I DID THAT? HILARIOUS) for $50.

Seriously though, I had Tales for 2 weeks via gamefly and that was about a week too long. I hated it more and more as I played it.

I look forward to buying DKonga this week as my first $50 game purchase (well, $45 cause I'll GGC it...) this year on saturday.

[quote name='kev']Since I really don't think Tales is worth $50 (nor do I believe 99% of games released lately have been...)

I'd have to go with game + kongtroller (SEE HOW I DID THAT? HILARIOUS) for $50.

Seriously though, I had Tales for 2 weeks via gamefly and that was about a week too long. I hated it more and more as I played it.

I look forward to buying DKonga this week as my first $50 game purchase (well, $45 cause I'll GGC it...) this year on saturday.[/quote]

I'm not spending 50, I would have spent maybe 20-25 bucks at CC for the games to trade-in at GR so I can get higher credit values for it so I can get TOS or Konga with it. I might have some extra credit actually (I'd get 5+ dollars on each trade-in game I'll bring in, I might bring in 4 games). Maybe I could get TOS and the player's guide for about 25 dollars out of pocket?

Yeah, I think I'm leaning towards TOS, since I don't want anything to be finished quickly. I need some RPG's on my GCN. But I'm still open to change my mind about it, I have a few days to think about it.

Hmm...I'd say tales. As long as you don't mind atrocious dialogue, it is the RPG that has best held my attention since FFX. The battles are absolutely great, and the story is interesting enough to keep you involved.

Donkey Konga: 2

Tales of Symphonia: 5

Seems like TOS is the favorite so far, but, I still want to hear your opinions on which game you'd prefer to get, since I won't be getting many (if any) more games until after I get PM2 and MP2.

I'd prefered TOS because I rather play something that can keep me addicted for a whiles even though DK could be like that too, but I'm sure after you get all the songs and etc, you would need something else to play with. Anyways play some TOS till Baten Kaitos comes out :wink:. But if you prefer something rhymetical with claps and taps (hand exercerises =P) pick DK.

donkey konga is definitely better with more people. so if you're playing alone, tales of symphonia would be the better choice. I'm near the end after 50 hours, great RPG

I'd go with Tales as well. I love rythm games like Frequency, and Konga seems to be like that, but I put over 100 hours into TOS before I finally got bored (2 play throughs) and I seriously doubt that unless you buy 3 extra controllers and do some konga-parties, you'd ever play it that much.

I've seen as song list for donkey conga and it looks very flavor of the month. A game like that really need original songs to carry it into longevity.

Given that, tales wins by default

All right, earlier today I bought TOS with Game Rush credit, I'll be playing sometime later tonight or tomorrow. Hope I enjoy it. :D

Thanks, guys. I'll get Konga for Christmas probably. I really only want two pairs of Bongos.

bread's done
Back