Donkey Konga vs. Taiko Drum Master

I didnt really like Drum Master as much as Donkey Konga. Out of the two, I would say DK. Plus, you can use your Kongas for Jungle Beat and future Donkey Konga games..

Both are great but Dk is a bit more simple and the songlist doesn't have much going for it, if you were only to get one I'd say get Taiko. It has the Katamari Damacy song!

I like Donkey Konga alot more, The first american version isn't as great as the 2 Japanese versions. Taiko was okay, I really didn't get into it as much as Donkey Konga.
Never played 2 player Taiko but 4 player Donkey Konga ROCKS!!!

2 Player Taiko is great...completely separate and distinct lines to play, so it sounds extremely awesome. The lines work off each other, so you'll trade off rhythms and stuff so it sounds like you're really playing drums. Plus, whacking on those things with two people is sick.

I have to also say go with both. Taiko is more fun and has a better song selection, but you'll be able to use the Donkey Konga drums later when Jungle Beat comes out. Keep both, and it's a win/win situation. :)

okay i think i'm going to keep taiko and get donkey konga again later when the price drops. Anyone interested in two donkey konga bongos?

[quote name='joey12169']okay i think i'm going to keep taiko and get donkey konga again later when the price drops. Anyone interested in two donkey konga bongos?[/quote]

I'd hold them if I were you. DK:JB comes out next month and it is one of the most fun games I have ever played in my life.

I just bought TDM, and I already owned Donkey Konga ... I would have to say that TDM is far superior imo. If I had to choose one I would definitely not pick DK over this.

[quote name='peteyrose']Donkey Konga isn't worth buying unless you get the import games.[/quote]

True, but I didn't like DK2 that much. Hopefully the 3rd disc will be better,

Is there a way to import the japanese versions of Taiko? I got the US Version this week. Is the US controller compatible with any japanese versions?

[quote name='mtxbass1']Is there a way to import the japanese versions of Taiko? I got the US Version this week. Is the US controller compatible with any japanese versions?[/quote]

Yeah, the controller's are the same...

Yeah, controller's the same. The third Japanese Taiko game has the Disneyland Main Street Electrical Parade music in it. No, really.

[quote name='Franklin WI']Yeah, controller's the same. The third Japanese Taiko game has the Disneyland Main Street Electrical Parade music in it. No, really.[/quote]

OMG. I'm so there. Now if I can just figure out what I need to play Imports on my PS2. (Someone PM me since it's not really able to be discussed here please)

I love Donkey Konga, but Taiko is just superior. However, I know games are coming later that support the conga drum, and I don't know if the Taiko sequels are coming over or if there will be American sequels.

bread's done
Back