Donkey Konga WITH drums $49.99 at EB

littlemonkey

CAGiversary!
An EBGames ad on page 89 of the September issue of EGM has a Pre-order of Donkey Konga for $49.99 which "INCLUDES ONE SET OF DRUMS!". Good news for me, been wanting to know.

Did the obligatory searches...etc....etc...

littlemonkey

From what I understand, 49.99 is the MSRP for Donkey Konga with a set of drums. Not exactly a deal, but thanks for the effort.

yeah this isnt a deal, it would be better to wait until it comes out and I bet one of the stores will have it in their ad for $40 or $45 and bring the ad into best buy and PM and use the GGC to bring the price down to $35 or $40.

WEAK SAUCE

I think he's just happy that it's going to come with a set of drums at that price. The cost in Japan was about $80 at launch.

Good news!

[quote name='dracula']yeah this isnt a deal, it would be better to wait until it comes out and I bet one of the stores will have it in their ad for $40 or $45 and bring the ad into best buy and PM and use the GGC to bring the price down to $35 or $40.

WEAK SAUCE[/quote]

Before you attack the poor kid some more, it might be worth noting that PMing and using the GGC is extremely YMMV as most Best Buys that I've been in (on both coasts) won't let you do this.

While not exactly a deal, thanks for the reminder, littlemonkey.

Best Buy here also won't allow it. However, if CC puts it on sale, it's pretty easy to get them to accept BB's GGC.

I wish the Pricematch + GGC people would give it a rest. Doesn't work at 99% of BB's. Clearly says it cannot be combined with any offer....It if works for you great but enough posting it as a way to get a great deal....

I did the pricematch and GGC last week for Morrowind. I think the only reason was the ugly chick doing register's manager wasn't there and she was making advances at me and I was pretending to enjoy her overgrown and hairy arms. Ick.

Well I used a GGC on a 4.99 Harry Potter (GCN) game. So it never hurts to try.

Fry's will no doubt have it for $40 so at least you can get 110% off at BB so get it for $38.99.

Considering you're a moron......

Pricematching isn't a deal. It is preventing the customer from purchasing an item from a competitor.

It is THIER policy. Not a favor.

If you get turned down, trying to use both, tell them to call up corporate ON THE SPOT!

Seriously, management get's paid for how easily they can deter a customer. They got thier positions by being driven, cheap BASTARDS, who care only about climbing the ladder.

If you don't speak up, then you deserve to be shot down!!

as for all the kids saying PM and then using the GGC is YMMV and you need to hit on the fugly chick working the customer service desk to get it to work and still 99% of them wont do it, i wish you would give it a rest. like the drone said, have them call corporate and then you will get your deal. It is NOT YMMV it is BB store policy. So give it a rest.

[quote name='drone8888']Considering you're a moron......

Pricematching isn't a deal. It is preventing the customer from purchasing an item from a competitor.

It is THIER policy. Not a favor.

[/quote]

Speaking of morons, THIER is spelled THEIR.

[quote name='drone8888']Considering you're a moron......

It is THIER policy. Not a favor.[/quote]

Considering you're a moron...have you ever read the fine print on a GGC coupon? It says SPECIFICALLY that it cannot be combined with the use of any other offer or promotion. Price matching they'll do no problem, but they consider that to be a promotion other than the normal sales price and thus wouldn't allow you to use the GGC after PM'ing.

[quote name='lamarocket']I think he's just happy that it's going to come with a set of drums at that price. The cost in Japan was about $80 at launch.

Good news![/quote]

I'm pretty it was "normal" price in japan also (about $50 at launch).

Anyway, this isn't a deal. The MSRP on the game w/ the kongas is $50.

how much are extra drum controllers supposed to cost?..if they're $30 for an addn'l controller then screw it

[quote name='gsr']how much are extra drum controllers supposed to cost?..if they're $30 for an addn'l controller then screw it[/quote]

Yeah, I think they are going to be $29.99 for each additional drum set. But once you play this game, you'll see it is worth it (at least I think so).

[quote name='NintendoFanGirl'][quote name='gsr']how much are extra drum controllers supposed to cost?..if they're $30 for an addn'l controller then screw it[/quote]

Yeah, I think they are going to be $29.99 for each additional drum set. But once you play this game, you'll see it is worth it (at least I think so).[/quote]

did you snag a copy of the import? is it pretty much DDR with drums?

[quote name='gsr']
did you snag a copy of the import? is it pretty much DDR with drums?[/quote]

No, I got a chance to play it during E3 at Nintendo. I've never played DDR but I believe they have the same concept only they use different body parts to play :)

Yeah and drone, honestly, who the F are you to be calling anyone a moron....I am so in awe of how big and bad you are, yelling at everyone and calling corporate to get an extra $5 off.

[quote name='alongx'][quote name='drone8888']Considering you're a moron......

It is THIER policy. Not a favor.[/quote]

Considering you're a moron...have you ever read the fine print on a GGC coupon? It says SPECIFICALLY that it cannot be combined with the use of any other offer or promotion. Price matching they'll do no problem, but they consider that to be a promotion other than the normal sales price and thus wouldn't allow you to use the GGC after PM'ing.[/quote]

Some people liken all rhythm games to DDR the same way they liken all puzzle games to Tetris. There's no question that it's a stock rhythm game: you're given visual cues that synch with the music, and have to match them with your controller. I imported it, and it's exactly what you'd expect.

Which is to say, fun.

bread's done
Back