Donkey Konga with TWO sets of Bongos, $15 EB

lionheart4life

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Hope this isn't posted already since I couldn't find it in a search. Donkey Konga is $14.99 new on Ebgames.com, but also comes with a free set of bongos, so you get two controllers and the game for super cheap. Credit goes to Fatwallet for this deal, since I saw it there and didn't find it myself.

Try coupon code "SAVER" for free shipping too.

Edit: Preemptive strike, I don't know if this is good in-store as well, and it doesn't appear that any of the other Konga games have any good deals going on right now.

Edit: They also added a $6 handling fee, I'm not sure if SAVER or anything works around this. Still a good price for the game and two controllers I suppose.

Order Details: Handling Method: USA Value Order Date: 12/8/2006

Title Platform Qty. Availability Price

Donkey Kong Jungle Beat with FREE Bongos! * GC 1 Back Ordered $14.99

Sub-Total: $14.99

Handling (No additional shipping fee): $6.00
Includes Special Handling Fee
Tax: $1.53

TOTAL: $22.52

[quote name='uberzone']Order Details: Handling Method: USA Value Order Date: 12/8/2006

Title Platform Qty. Availability Price

Donkey Kong Jungle Beat with FREE Bongos! * GC 1 Back Ordered $14.99

Sub-Total: $14.99

Handling (No additional shipping fee): $6.00
Includes Special Handling Fee
Tax: $1.53

TOTAL: $22.52[/quote]

What's up with the special handling fee? I ordered it yesteday and my total was 16.30 and it's processing. Oh EBStop and it's special fees.

I wonder if the second set of Bongos comes new in Box. If that's the case, I'd almost like to get one of the empty boxes... Since I have the Donkey Konga, DK2 and DK:JB boxes...

You can pick this up in store. I did, really awesome deal. The guys were pricks like usual and tried to act like they did not know what was up, so good thing I printed off the add.

I got the full package with bongos DK jungle beat, and the first party bongos in the box. Both new.

the website extra fee is now up to $10 and the saver free shipping coupon doesn't work for it anymore. i just went and picked them up in store (they had over 10 in stock) like everyone else they had never seen the flyer before so were surprised of the price. I also picked up Ape Escape 3 (PS2) for $9.99 new.

I picked it up in store and the guy was pretty nice and was like, "Thank god! Get these guys out of here!" I guess they've been sitting around in back for a while? But what's the point of 2 sets of bongos when Jungle Beat is a 1 player game?

In case the first set of bongos break (they probably will stop working eventually just like how DDR pads stop working after a while)

[quote name='abreed']You can pick this up in store. I did, really awesome deal. The guys were pricks like usual and tried to act like they did not know what was up, so good thing I printed off the add.

I got the full package with bongos DK jungle beat, and the first party bongos in the box. Both new.[/QUOTE]

Really? Would anyone like to donate their empty extra Bongo Box to me? :)

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Wrong title dude, its DK Jungle Beat.[/QUOTE]

That's what I was thinking, hoping there was some glitch that geve you Donkey Konga with 2 sets of bongos. ALso, this has all been covered in the eb/gamestop threads.

This goes along with the Ad that was posted up. Most of the sales on the ad are online. If you want to instore sales you have to print out of ad and show it to them.

Boy, that's pretty weak to add in a handling fee. I just ordered it as well as Donkey Konga (used) w/ bongos on Thursday and the total was $32.22.

I'm so damn tempted to just get this although I already have DK Jungle and 3 bongo sets. I guess having 2 more wouldn't be too bad but it would take up unecessary space.

Hmmm, maybe this explains why the EB/Gamestops I've been in the last couple days all have a huge stack of Donkey Konga and extra bongos. Of course, I glanced at the price in-store and they were still marked at $25. If I'd known they were $15 I probably would have grabbed some.

Please change that title... I didn't realize what game I was actually buying until I got home and opened the box... I thought I was getting Donkey Konga... whoops... Jungle Beat! Still, $15 for this IS a sweet deal :p

Yeah, when I was searching for Donkey Konga a couple months ago, I didn't realize that Jungle Beat was a game sort of thing, not the bongo-action I wanted. I actually bought Jungle Beat and nearly walked out of the store with it before I realized my error. Exchanged it. Got it for $25 a couple months ago. This new deal is awesome, though. An extra set of bongos is just what this game needs to be fun. Now, if only there were wireless bongos...

Picked it up yesterday along with Rampage for GC for XMAS gifts. Didnt notice till I got home that the mother fuckers charged me $5 over for Rampage and another $5 over for Donkey Kong Jungle Beat. Gonna have to go back tonight to get my $10 back.

[quote name='cheapbrass']anyone know where i can get donkey konga cheap too? (under $10)[/QUOTE]

Donkey Konga 2 was $10 at Amazon until yesterday. I got DK1 used with 30% off at EB yesterday.

I went to my EB and stared at the boxes for a while and concluded that it just isnt worth it...they couldnt pay me to have two rather large rather useless controllers for the GCN. I decided to use the 20 percent off used games instead and picked up Killer 7 for the GCN for 7 bucks.

Maybe if the bundled game wasnt one player...but still...just wasnt worth it.

[quote name='Arkay Firestar']I went to my EB and stared at the boxes for a while and concluded that it just isnt worth it...they couldnt pay me to have two rather large rather useless controllers for the GCN. I decided to use the 20 percent off used games instead and picked up Killer 7 for the GCN for 7 bucks.

Maybe if the bundled game wasnt one player...but still...just wasnt worth it.[/QUOTE]

do you need a coupon for the 20% off used games or is it automatic?

Holy crap, this deal is amazing. $15 for two sets of bongos AND Donkey Kong Jungle Beat! Think about that at one point, this combo would've cost $75! This holiday season is destroying my wallet.

I just picked these up in-store, and at my location there were at least 5 extra sets (both DKJB and stand-alone bongos) left. The online flier wasn't in-store, and there were no signs, so nobody knew about this deal.

Oddly enough, I had picked up DKJB w/bongos for a gift (even at $19.99, it's still a great value), on Wednesday not knowing about this sale. So I came back today, returned it, and bought two DKJBs and two bongos. Fantastic!

[quote name='Arkay Firestar']I went to my EB and stared at the boxes for a while and concluded that it just isnt worth it...they couldnt pay me to have two rather large rather useless controllers for the GCN. I decided to use the 20 percent off used games instead and picked up Killer 7 for the GCN for 7 bucks.

Maybe if the bundled game wasnt one player...but still...just wasnt worth it.[/QUOTE]

Wow, I think this is a smokin deal. You should be able to find a copy of Konga or Konga 2 at several places for less than $20.

I do wish the OP would change the title though.

[quote name='hotwls13']Wow, I think this is a smokin deal. You should be able to find a copy of Konga or Konga 2 at several places for less than $20.

I do wish the OP would change the title though.[/QUOTE]

I played Killer 7 for about 1 hour before deciding it was just too insane for me. I printed another ad out, went and traded it back in (had bought it used) and got the Jungle Beat pack. I had been tempted since 2 nights ago when this deal was first posted, but I guess now with the only other game I wanted from GS turning out to be not what I thought, I feel good about it.

Plus I saved about two bucks, it came out to 16.15 with tax. I had bought Killer 7 with 20% off used games, but when the guy returned it and gave me credit, he gave me that 20%. Only 1.75, but still, money saved.

The guy rang it up as 40 something at first, the jackass. I kept pointing the ad, but he didnt get it.

did nintendo cancel the donkey kong gc racing game that uses the bongos? if its still coming out i'd have to get in on this to have 4 sets of bongos...

[quote name='Slash']Donkey Konga with the bongos included is $5 at K-Mart, FYI[/quote]

if you're lucky enough to have a kmart nearby that isnt cleared out of everything

[quote name='Drensch']You need the ad if you buy this in store, just a heads up.[/quote]

Yeah I was able to go down to a Kinkos in the same shopping center and print the coupons off the internet. Cost about $2 to print 2 copies off the web. Perfect XMAS present for anyone!

I just dont see how this is that much of a deal, but I bit anyways. I mean, Jungle Beat is short and nothing special apparently. Sigh...I wish I had more willpower.

Thanks for pointing this one out. The game isn't anything special, but that's a hell of a deal for the bongos. :applause:

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']if you're lucky enough to have a kmart nearby that isnt cleared out of everything[/quote]

Not only that, but it seems that some K-Marts have already taken Donkey Konga out of the system. I found a set a couple weeks ago that rang up "price required".

[quote name='SevereTireDamage']Holy crap, this deal is amazing. $15 for two sets of bongos AND Donkey Kong Jungle Beat! Think about that at one point, this combo would've cost $75! This holiday season is destroying my wallet.[/quote]

I bought my DK1 and DK2 bundles for full price ($50 each) from Best Buy when they came out because I thought they'd sell out. I was right and they did sell out for several months, but eventually everyone got them back in and then the prices started to drop. Oh well, I got to play this game for a whole year before everyone that bought it on clearance.

bread's done
Back