Don't buy from DealExtreme

Koggit

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
If you want your item the same month, at least.

I ordered on the 8th, they brought it to the post office on the 14th (6 days later), it left on the post office on the 24th (10 days later), and quoted that it will take up to 14 business days in transit (a total of 36 days after the order was placed). It was not backordered or anything.

I'm really shocked this place has such a good reputation with CAGs. What good is a low price if you don't get your product when you want it? I'm not usually critical of etailers, but over a month to receive an item is ridiculous.

Your ordering stuff from overseas and using their free (slow as hell) shipping. The sites good, they do deliver, but yea, its slow. You should've expected that.

Sorry, but it's pretty ridiculous to say a buyer should expect a minimum delivery time of 29 days, maximum of 36. If you want to excuse them, that's fine, but to say it should be expected is ludicrous.

Lots of retailers from around the world ship worldwide for free and most deliver within two weeks, I've never heard of one that takes over a month, certainly not over five weeks.

Sounds like its not for you, but I love the DealExtreme. I never buy anything I need RIGHT AWAY, but I typically get my order in 2-3 weeks. I think one of my five orders took a month.

For me, part of being a CAG is patience.

[quote name='Koggit']Sorry, but it's pretty ridiculous to say a buyer should expect a minimum delivery time of 29 days, maximum of 36. If you want to excuse them, that's fine, but to say it should be expected is ludicrous.

Lots of retailers from around the world ship worldwide for free and most deliver within two weeks, I've never heard of one that takes over a month, certainly not over five weeks.[/QUOTE]

I can't think of any other overseas merchants who ship to the US for free... except for that one site that competes against Deal Extreme (can't remember the name):whistle2:k

But I somewhat agree with you, that's a pretty long time. The 10 days for your package to leave their post office though isn't their fault- no federal post office will ship out packages until they have a sufficient amount to make the trip.

I'm guessing they actually ran out of whatever you ordered and knew they were getting more in so they decided not to let you think they sold out.

Honestly though, I've bought from them twice and never had an issue. Both times I got my stuff within 14 days from when I ordered. I've been quite happy with them.

[quote name='Koggit']Sorry, but it's pretty ridiculous to say a buyer should expect a minimum delivery time of 29 days, maximum of 36. If you want to excuse them, that's fine, but to say it should be expected is ludicrous.

Lots of retailers from around the world ship worldwide for free and most deliver within two weeks, I've never heard of one that takes over a month, certainly not over five weeks.[/quote]

Most stuff I order from people in Japan/Hong Kong end up taking 2-4 weeks to get to me with the cheapest shipping available. Thats with things being mailed the next day. Also - Where there any holidays during the time of your order? Not everywhere works the days you do. Anyways, if your too impatient don't use them. They have warnings on the site.

DealXtreme has great bargains and some quality accessories, you should really change the thread title. I've purchased iPod and DS/DS Lite gear, and I'm incredibly happy with their products.

Why the hell would you expect your $2.00 order to arrive quickly from overseas!? You want it today, go pay full price at a B&M.

I probably sound like a damn fanatic, but you actually pissed me off.

[quote name='Koggit']Lots of retailers from around the world ship worldwide for free and most deliver within two weeks, I've never heard of one that takes over a month, certainly not over five weeks.[/quote]

Can I have some examples of places that ship worldwide for free?

DX is great if you can order and forget. Sometimes I get my stuff really quick, like two weeks or less. Sometimes it takes longer. Once you know this, you'll be fine.

And not to mention their great Customer service... when i have a small problem or such (rarely) they fix it up fast.
Shipping is slow but it will get there and i never had a problem with it either.
Their items are mostly cheap knockoffs but you know that going in, they are dirt cheap, and they usually work pass my expectations of knockoff.

Only thing i can complain about their site is that it makes me buy shit that looks cool but i never freaking use haha... but i guess thats my fault.

Seriously tho i love DX.

DealExtreme is like, the epitome of impulse buys. Though its funny; when the items arrive, I've gotten over the thoughts of having such a novelty. Honestly, though, I love the place. I think the wait more than makes up for the dirt-cheap prices.

Their customer service is top notch as well. I ordered a skin for my DS Lite and it ended up getting sticker residue all over the thing and they refunded my money and sent me a Hori brand screen protector to make up for it which shipped immediately.

I've ordered from DealExtreme, it took about 3 weeks. I knew it was going to take a while when I ordered. The deals on the site are amazing and the free shipping makes it damn near impossible to pass up.

You just need some patience dude.

Dealextreme is excellent, they sell the same china-made stuff that is overpriced in retail stores for less. If I am gonna buy china-made stuff at least I know its not marked up severely and I am getting the same quality stuff as what is sold in retail stores here or possibly better quality. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the stuff in stores is from dealextreme but with different packaging. They even sent me a whole new pack of rechargeable batteries when one of the batteries in a pack I bought was defective at no charge to me. Just beware of fake memory sticks and cards!

i bought from that site and yeah it took a long time. I ordered on December 5, 07 and received my order Jan 19, 08. So it took over a month to get here. The site says 14-21 days, I know that they had a shortage so orders were delayed. I think the customer service sucks at that place, I never heard back from them about the status of my shipment after nearly a month so I decided to email them. They finally responded and told me it was being shipped! It is an overseas company so I expected the long wait, but I will not shop from that site again.

I ordered from there about 3 weeks ago, and it just finally shipped like wednesday, I actually found out it shipped when I hit the cancel order button... hah, I asked another site if they had it instock in the warehouse and was going to order from them... thankfully dealextreme was $15 cheaper.... the wait sucks, but oh well... popular items go out of stock sometimes... I feel your pain op... with the way the shippings going, I should have it by friday if I'm lucky...

though I'm not as upset as you.

[quote name='Koggit']If you want your item the same month, at least.

I ordered on the 8th, they brought it to the post office on the 14th (6 days later), it left on the post office on the 24th (10 days later), and quoted that it will take up to 14 business days in transit (a total of 36 days after the order was placed). It was not backordered or anything.

I'm really shocked this place has such a good reputation with CAGs. What good is a low price if you don't get your product when you want it? I'm not usually critical of etailers, but over a month to receive an item is ridiculous.[/QUOTE]
6 days from date of placing order to dropping off at PO is kind of bad. Leaving the post office, DealExtreme is not at fault as they did drop it off and its in the hands of the carrier to ship out the item. 14 days to arrive? What'd you expect? You choose the cheapest shipping and its coming from overseas.

i too want to know who had cheap prices shipped for free. when the R4 was in stock their total price was the freaking bomb. bought like 4 of them.

I bought some headphones for work and they shipped me the wrong one. They just required that I take some pictures of the wrong item and they shipped me another one. no need to send in the junk that was sent to me incorrectly. Now that is customer service on a $5 headphone.

The flashlight section alone is pimpy
The MTE 1xAA SSC-P4 42180-U Flashlight is by for my favorite for $15 and under

I've ordered numerous game and ipod acessories from DX. Their products are well put together and are good enough to use. Typically, my order will come in 14 days. Thus far, I've had no problems with them.

I go to DX all the time, I would assume you dont buy from Hong Kong much?

Also, for the deals... you would think you would be more forgiving.

Lik Sang used to take longer.

This thread reminded me to order more of the cheapo Hori-knockoff screen protectors for DS. My current overlays are almost a year old, and for $2-$4, that's a supreme value.

Order now for Easter!

Doh, shame on me. I made an order last week not knowing that DX is even slower than usual during Chinese New Years.

Man, I love me some Dealextreme. I hate to dog pile on you with the rest OP, however it is so.

They're cheap, they're reliable. Just not fast, and they make a point of saying that in the shipping description.

[quote name='Koggit']If you want your item the same month, at least.

I'm really shocked this place has such a good reputation with CAGs. What good is a low price if you don't get your product when you want it? I'm not usually critical of etailers, but over a month to receive an item is ridiculous.[/QUOTE]
DID YOU USE USPS?????

IF SO...THERE'S YOUR PROBLEM! YOU MIGHT AS WELL DRIVE TO THE WAREHOUSE AND CHALK UP THE LOSS IN GAS/TRAVEL EXPENSES....

I GET FRUSTRATED TO SAY THE LEAST WITH USPS. I'LL ORDER SOMETHING OFF A WEBSITE (LETS SAY MERITPRICE) AND GET ENTICED BY THE CHEAP 8 DOLLAR PRICE TAG. THEN SHIPPING WILL BE FREE SO THAT MAKES ME HAPPY. BUT THEN I REALIZE...IT'S GOING TO BE VIA USPS. WELL, NOW I GOTTA DECIDE WHETHER TO ALMOST PAY 8 DOLLARS JUST TO GET FEDEX/DHL/UPS OR IF I WANT TO WAIT THE WHOLE TIME PERIOD

BASICALLY, I PUT IN AN ORDER LAST FRIDAY....IT'S BEEN A WEEK AND IT STILL HASN'T ARRIVED!

I BOUGHT SOMETHING OFF OF BUY.COM.....ALMOST 2 1/2 WEEKS TO RECEIVE IT!

I BOUGHT SOMETHING OFF OF AMAZON YESTERDAY AND REALIZED AT THE END THAT THE SHIPPER IS USING USPS. WELL, I'LL RECEIVE IT BY THE SUMMER I GUESS....

[quote name='strongpimphand']DID YOU USE USPS?????

IF SO...THERE'S YOUR PROBLEM! YOU MIGHT AS WELL DRIVE TO THE WAREHOUSE AND CHALK UP THE LOSS IN GAS/TRAVEL EXPENSES....

I GET FRUSTRATED TO SAY THE LEAST WITH USPS. I'LL ORDER SOMETHING OFF A WEBSITE (LETS SAY MERITPRICE) AND GET ENTICED BY THE CHEAP 8 DOLLAR PRICE TAG. THEN SHIPPING WILL BE FREE SO THAT MAKES ME HAPPY. BUT THEN I REALIZE...IT'S GOING TO BE VIA USPS. WELL, NOW I GOTTA DECIDE WHETHER TO ALMOST PAY 8 DOLLARS JUST TO GET FEDEX/DHL/UPS OR IF I WANT TO WAIT THE WHOLE TIME PERIOD

BASICALLY, I PUT IN AN ORDER LAST FRIDAY....IT'S BEEN A WEEK AND IT STILL HASN'T ARRIVED!

I BOUGHT SOMETHING OFF OF AMAZON YESTERDAY AND REALIZED AT THE END THAT THE SHIPPER IS USING USPS. WELL, I'LL RECEIVE IT BY THE SUMMER I GUESS....[/quote]
Cruise control...

I've never had issues with how long USPS takes to deliver something. Sure media mail is slow unless the destination is close to the origin, but most places don't use that.

The biggest slowdown I've noticed with "Free Shipping" from places like Amazon is that they delay shipping the item. Once USPS gets the package it gets delivered pretty quick.

Does anyone know any other cool sites (Japanese or non-japanese) that are like deal extreme? Ironically, the only reason I found dealextreme.com was because of this thread and despite the slow shipping I love it! Any other good, cheap sites? Thanks guys

Slow shipping is a pita, but if it's not costing you anything extra for it, then who cares how long it takes?

It's not like it's something vital to life that you NEED or you'd die without, right? Just calm down, OP and play your games while you wait for your order to arrive. Of course, by this time your item(s) have probably arrived and this is a non issue.

I've used them 3 or 4 times and since shipping is free I have no problem with it. If you;d like to pay for shipping from China, be my guest, but to get it faster than you do, it'll cost you an arm and 2 legs.

[quote name='vicious7171']Can I have some examples of places that ship worldwide for free?

DX is great if you can order and forget. Sometimes I get my stuff really quick, like two weeks or less. Sometimes it takes longer. Once you know this, you'll be fine.[/QUOTE]

Got my copies of Band of Brothers on HDDVD from YesAsia with free shipping. Took about 9 days for them to get here once they shipped.

Don't be discouraged, they do have long ass shipping times but their customer service is helpful and you will get your items.

At least from my experience with them.

The old adage says that time is money, and that's clearly reflected here. I typically get items from DealExtreme 16 days after placing an order, and I won't complain about that considering that I'm not paying a dime for overseas shipping. To be perfectly honest, it's not so rare for me to experience comparable shipping times with Amazon's super saver shipping, take that as you will.

[quote name='rapsodist']The old adage says that time is money, and that's clearly reflected here.[/quote]

true that. i agree with most everyone who's posted that for what you get (free shipping from asia?!?), it's not bad at all... we can handle it in the meanwhile, as long as our wallets are somewhat still padded...

IF SO...THERE'S YOUR PROBLEM! [/quote]

DID YOU USE CAPS?????

IF SO...THERE'S YOUR PROBLEM!

I BOUGHT SOMETHING OFF OF AMAZON YESTERDAY AND REALIZED AT THE END THAT THE SHIPPER IS USING USPS. WELL, I'LL RECEIVE IT BY THE SUMMER I GUESS....[/quote]

You do realize that if you choose an option for 'free shipping' or reduced cost shipping, that it's going to take longer since the person/company will be using the most cut rate shipping available. Of course, I don't do this when people grab tons of stuff off of me, but that's only because I've had issues with cheaper shipping options before(Parcel Post from the USPS).

As long as you actually get the items, what does it matter when you get the item? I mean, unless they said you'll get the item in a week or so and gave you an estimated shipping schedule, THEN there's some expectation to get the items faster.

But, to me, as long as the items are as described and actually arrive, I don't care when they show up.

Both myself and a friend has our CC numbers stolen after purchasing from dealextreme.com I would seriously reconsider purchasing from this site. Actually our delivery time was pretty good both got our order within 10 days but keep an eye on your credit card bill, it was used all over hong kong the day i submitted my order.

[quote name='empyrium']Both myself and a friend has our CC numbers stolen after purchasing from dealextreme.com I would seriously reconsider purchasing from this site. Actually our delivery time was pretty good both got our order within 10 days but keep an eye on your credit card bill, it was used all over hong kong the day i submitted my order.[/quote]

Screw that then. I was just about to place an order. I mean even if it only happens to a "few" customers, it is not worth risking my CC number.

I've ordered a couple of things from DealsExtreme and have not had any problems, like most people said it's free overseas shipping, what do you expect?

[quote name='empyrium']Both myself and a friend has our CC numbers stolen after purchasing from dealextreme.com I would seriously reconsider purchasing from this site. Actually our delivery time was pretty good both got our order within 10 days but keep an eye on your credit card bill, it was used all over hong kong the day i submitted my order.[/quote]

Isn't the only payment option with PayPal? I've only ordered there once just recently and didn't see any other option.

I BOUGHT SOMETHING OFF OF AMAZON YESTERDAY AND REALIZED AT THE END THAT THE SHIPPER IS USING USPS. WELL, I'LL RECEIVE IT BY THE SUMMER I GUESS....[/QUOTE]

I didnt know USPS opened up in hong kong lol

An update: worst online buying experience of my lifetime, and I've ordered from dozens of etailers.

I received the product over a month ago now. It was defective. I jumped through their hoops -- photos of everything, etc, but didn't receive a response. A week later, Chinese New Year, so their customer server was out for three weeks. When they get back, a month after I received the product and well over two months after ordering, they send me an email saying "Thanks for submitting a ticket, please submit a second ticket on our new Service Express"... I do so, jumping through NEW hoops (they want a photo of the envelope? wtf?), and still have not received a response. They said it'd be 24 - 48 hours, it's been a week since submitting the second, "express" ticket.

I doubt they'll do anything at all, but this is already too ridiculous to continue...

Buying definitely beware here. Buying from DX is evidently just a gamble -- you might get a good deal, albeit slowly, or you might get nothing at all.

So yeah, it's been another month, I haven't heard from them at all other than that one time they told me to contact them by another method...

I give up. I guess I'm just stuck with the defective POS they took a month and a half to send.

I think an experience like mine wholly counteracts positive experiences by anyone else. Bad experiences like mine do not happen due to bad luck -- it can't just be chance that caused them to take so long to ship a defective product and then ignore support tickets and emails. It can just be good luck that caused some of you to have a trouble-free experience, though.

Regardless, I'm done whining, it's obvious the effort to get a working product is futile, I'll just consider my $35 lost and advise anyone else to avoid them, leaving it at that.

This is my first experience with DealExtreme. I recommend not ordering from deal extreme and here's why:

About one month ago I ordered a male to male 3.5mm stereo cable for my ipod to plug into my car from dealextreme.com. Ordered on March 15, arrived April 9. That's 25 days. Anyway I only paid a few bucks for the cable so I figured what's the rush, it kinda sucked not being able to track the package but hey it's cheap right?

Well so I get the "cable" today in the mail and immediately I know that whatever is in the envelope is not a cable. I open it up, and they sent me a f*cking plastic magnifying glass about the size of a quarter. WTF? Atleast I think that's what it's for... It looks like the kind of junk you would get out of a quarter machine at wal-mart, the kind of crap that comes in a plastic egg.

Anyway, I had to take some photos of it, and the envelope and posted them to their website I'm waiting for their reply. OK, so I'm not that upset about the $2, but what if you ordered $100 worth of cables, waited a month and you ended up getting 100 plastic f*cking magnifying glasses?

Even if they just give me a refund (I can buy 8 more pieces of plastic junk from wal-mart's quarter machine with my $2), I can't recommend any site that can somehow confuse a quarter sized magnifying lens with a 6 foot cable.

gg dealextreme.

[quote name='crrimson']Even if they just give me a refund. . . [/QUOTE]

I'd be shocked if they do. I expect them to give you the same treatment they gave me -- none, no contact except for the automated "we received your support ticket" emails.

I don't mean to jinx you, though. Hopefully they treat you better.

bread's done
Back