DON'T EVEN THINK OF GIVING YOUR HARD EARNED CASH TO GAMESTOP.COM

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamofwales

CAG Veteran
Dear Game Stop,

I purchased NCAA Football 2005 for xbox w/2 months free xbox live service from your online store one month ago.

The copy you sent me did not contain the 2 month free xbox live certificate.

I called your customer service department on Monday, and they said it wasn’t their problem. They told me to call EA. So I did call EA, who directed me to Microsoft, and Microsoft explained that you had sent me the wrong game. They knew this from all of the serial number information I gave them.

I then recalled your customer service department and explained all of this, and they then finally agreed to ship out a new game, one that included the 2 months free xbox live service.

The game arrived today, and inside was a already opened (all seals broken), used 2005 Football for xbox with no xbox live 2 month free certificate.

This is simply unacceptable, and I’m considering filing a formal complaint against you for interstate mail fraud, unethical business practices and violations of your own return policy.

The least you could do is send me out some type of gift certificate for all of the pain and suffering which you’ve made me have to endure. In legal speak, that equates to exemplary damages. (i.e. $$$$$$$$$$$$) I’m sure that you don’t want to find yourself in a Texas courtroom trying to explain the mail fraud charges that you could easily be facing, which isn't a threat, it's just the plain truth.

Sincerely,

aow

Wow, that really sucks. I say call them up again, and if they don't fix it this time, then file a formal complaint.

Also, just for future reference, this is the wrong forum.

[quote name='zionoverfire']Umm this is pretty common knowledge, they sell used games in good condition as new. If you don't like it don't buy from them.[/quote]

Wow, so the mail fraud really runs rampant throughout the company, good to know for a class action suit.

Not only is this the wrong forum but you sound like a little girl whining over not getting a free 2 month live trial.

I don't get why people have to be such retards about stuff like this. If you are unhappy with Gamestop, don't shop there. Nobody here really cares that much about your pathetic rambling.

But I did get a laugh out of your threat to take them to court over a free 2 month Xbox Live trial.

[quote name='adamofwales']Wow, so the mail fraud really runs rampant throughout the company, good to know for a class action suit.[/quote]

Ah well the question is wether it is actually mail fraud, you didn't check their definition of a "new" game did you?

[quote name='adamofwales'][quote name='zionoverfire']Umm this is pretty common knowledge, they sell used games in good condition as new. If you don't like it don't buy from them.[/quote]

Wow, so the mail fraud really runs rampant throughout the company, good to know for a class action suit.[/quote]

Over a two month live trial? HAH!

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='adamofwales'][quote name='zionoverfire']Umm this is pretty common knowledge, they sell used games in good condition as new. If you don't like it don't buy from them.[/quote]

Wow, so the mail fraud really runs rampant throughout the company, good to know for a class action suit.[/quote]

Over a two month live trial? HAH![/quote]

I'm not saying that I'm going to file one, I'm simply stating that if someone were to file one, it would be good to know that it's common knowledge that gamestop.com is routinely defrauding their customers.

[quote name='adamofwales']The least you could do is send me out some type of gift certificate for all of the pain and suffering which you’ve made me have to endure. In legal speak, that equates to exemplary damages. (i.e. $$$$$$$$$$$$) I’m sure that you don’t want to find yourself in a Texas courtroom trying to explain the mail fraud charges that you could easily be facing, which isn't a threat, it's just the plain truth.[/quote]

:rofl:

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky'][quote name='adamofwales']The least you could do is send me out some type of gift certificate for all of the pain and suffering which you’ve made me have to endure. In legal speak, that equates to exemplary damages. (i.e. $$$$$$$$$$$$) I’m sure that you don’t want to find yourself in a Texas courtroom trying to explain the mail fraud charges that you could easily be facing, which isn't a threat, it's just the plain truth.[/quote]

:rofl:[/quote]

Yeah, the pain and suffering part made me chuckle.

[quote name='mmn'][quote name='WhipSmartBanky'][quote name='adamofwales']The least you could do is send me out some type of gift certificate for all of the pain and suffering which you’ve made me have to endure. In legal speak, that equates to exemplary damages. (i.e. $$$$$$$$$$$$) I’m sure that you don’t want to find yourself in a Texas courtroom trying to explain the mail fraud charges that you could easily be facing, which isn't a threat, it's just the plain truth.[/quote]

:rofl:[/quote]

Yeah, the pain and suffering part made me chuckle.[/quote]

I wonder if he's bitching on the other gamesites as we speak?

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Moved, and still trying to decide whether or not to lock this absurd topic.[/quote]

young padawan, it had already been moved to deal shopping and discussion

Are you people getting paid by GameStop? If not, at least re-evaluate your self worth and get paid for your corporate whoring. Don't sell yourself out for free, people.

Adamofwales, good for you. It's ridiculous what happened. GameStop's customer service said that it wasn't their problem that they didn't ship him what he bought from them. Are you f'ing kidding me?

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='SneakyPenguin']Moved, and still trying to decide whether or not to lock this absurd topic.[/quote]

young padawan, it had already been moved to deal shopping and discussion[/quote]

and that is why you are the teacher, and I am still but a student.

Or I just didn't hit refresh.

I hate poor customer service. There's entirely way too much of it in America. And the thing of it is that's it's 99% managements fault for not properly training their employees.

Then there are those occassional bad seads that pop up. Enter gametop.com

Oh yeah, and the funniest part about the whole thing, is that gamestop.com not once ever admitted any wrong doing. They acted like I was wasting their time.

Sorry for simply wanting you to do your job, and not commit a felony. Sorry, escuse me, pardon me, to hell with me for even asking....

[quote name='adamofwales']The least you could do is send me out some type of gift certificate for all of the pain and suffering which you’ve made me have to endure. In legal speak, that equates to exemplary damages. (i.e. $$$$$$$$$$$$) I’m sure that you don’t want to find yourself in a Texas courtroom trying to explain the mail fraud charges that you could easily be facing, which isn't a threat, it's just the plain truth.[/quote]

What the fuck kind of emotional suffering did you go through again? All you did was call and bitch. Over two months of Xbox Live...

I feel for you, but this entire last paragraph is so full of shit it's not even funny...

[quote name='snipegod']Are you people getting paid by GameStop? If not, at least re-evaluate your self worth and get paid for your corporate whoring. Don't sell yourself out for free, people.

Adamofwales, good for you. It's ridiculous what happened. GameStop's customer service said that it wasn't their problem that they didn't ship him what he bought from them. Are you f'ing kidding me?[/quote]

UH OH I ONLY GOT 6 CHICKEN NUGGETS IN MY HAPPY MEAL INSTEAD OF THE ADVERTISED 7. I BEST BURN DOWN MCDONALDS WITH MY ANGER AND RAGE.

How is it gamestop's fault that an EA product did not contain a two month card.

I am sure if you were to ask on the trading boards for a code, someone would give you one

[quote name='mmn'][quote name='snipegod']Are you people getting paid by GameStop? If not, at least re-evaluate your self worth and get paid for your corporate whoring. Don't sell yourself out for free, people.

Adamofwales, good for you. It's ridiculous what happened. GameStop's customer service said that it wasn't their problem that they didn't ship him what he bought from them. Are you f'ing kidding me?[/quote]

UH OH I ONLY GOT 6 CHICKEN NUGGETS IN MY HAPPY MEAL INSTEAD OF THE ADVERTISED 7. I BEST BURN DOWN MCDONALDS WITH MY ANGER AND RAGE.[/quote]

You know that's happened to you at least once, and you don't even find out about it until your miles away....

[quote name='adamofwales']I hate poor customer service. There's entirely way too much of it in America. And the thing of it is that's it's 99% managements fault for not properly training their employees.

Oh yeah, and the funniest part about the whole thing, is that gamestop.com not once ever admitted any wrong doing. They acted like I was wasting their time.

Sorry for simply wanting you to do your job, and not commit a felony. Sorry, escuse me, pardon me, to hell with me for even asking....[/quote]

First of all, it isn't their problem. They don't package the games and didn't accidentally leave out a stupid Xbox live trial that has ZERO value. And at least they shipped you ANOTHER game, which is more than I would've done had I been the customer service rep. In fact, I probably would've hung up on you and helped someone who had a real problem.

Second, there's no FELONY here. Are you freaking retarded?

Third, what the shit is the point of you posting this to the CAG website? Do you think the owner of Gamestop is a frequent visitor of these forums or something? All your bitching would do is either get people to go "yeah Gamestop sucks!" and they'd lose oh, 3 customers, or it'd get the type of response it did get, which is "shut up and stop bitching".

So, in conclusion, SHUT UP AND STOP BITCHING.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']How is it gamestop's fault that an EA product did not contain a two month card.

I am sure if you were to ask on the trading boards for a code, someone would give you one[/quote]

It's gamestop's fault because they advertised that they were selling me a game with a 2 month coupon inside of it, and instead, defrauded me and sent me another version of the game that did not include the promotional 2 month coupon.

I got the game for $39.99, $10 cheaper than retail, but hey, all is fair in love and war.

[quote name='mmn'][quote name='adamofwales']I hate poor customer service. There's entirely way too much of it in America. And the thing of it is that's it's 99% managements fault for not properly training their employees.

Sorry for simply wanting you to do your job, and not commit a felony. Sorry, escuse me, pardon me, to hell with me for even asking....[/quote]

First of all, it isn't their problem. They don't package the games and didn't accidentally leave out a stupid Xbox live trial that has ZERO value. And at least they shipped you ANOTHER game, which is more than I would've done had I been the customer service rep. In fact, I probably would've hung up on you and helped someone who had a real problem.

Third, what the shit is the point of you posting this to the CAG website? Do you think the owner of Gamestop is a frequent visitor of these forums or something? All your bitching would do is either get people to go "yeah Gamestop sucks!" and they'd lose oh, 3 customers, or it'd get the type of response it did get, which is "shut up and stop bitching".

So, in conclusion, SHUT UP AND STOP BITCHING.[/quote]

You need to relax first off, and second off go to law school before you start talking about stuff that you don't know anything about. It just makes you look really really really ignorant.

[quote name='adamofwales'][quote name='CaseyRyback']How is it gamestop's fault that an EA product did not contain a two month card.

I am sure if you were to ask on the trading boards for a code, someone would give you one[/quote]

It's gamestop's fault because they advertised that they were selling me a game with a 2 month coupon inside of it, and instead, defrauded me and sent me another version of the game that did not include the promotional 2 month coupon.

I got the game for $39.99, $10 cheaper than retail, but hey, all is fair in love and war.[/quote]

Except when it's not going your way :roll:

[quote name='adamofwales'][quote name='CaseyRyback']How is it gamestop's fault that an EA product did not contain a two month card.

I got the game for $39.99, $10 cheaper than retail, but hey, all is fair in love and war.[/quote]

By love and war you mean whinning and bitching right?

[quote name='SneakyPenguin'][quote name='adamofwales'][quote name='CaseyRyback']How is it gamestop's fault that an EA product did not contain a two month card.

Except when it's not going your way :roll:[/quote]

If you are going to advertise something, then you best follow through on your promises, otherwise you are breaking the law, and you will need to prepare to accept any resulting legal consequences.

[quote name='punqsux']will someone PLEASE give this guy a code so he will SHUT THE HELL UP![/quote]

Yeah people do occasionally just give a few of those away on the trading and deals forums don't they?

edit: this topic is now 1/2 of adamofwales's entire posts on this site, horray for contriversy starting noobs!!!

[quote name='adamofwales'][quote name='mmn'][quote name='adamofwales']I hate poor customer service. There's entirely way too much of it in America. And the thing of it is that's it's 99% managements fault for not properly training their employees.

So, in conclusion, SHUT UP AND STOP BITCHING.[/quote]

You need to relax first off, and second off go to law school before you start talking about stuff that you don't know anything about. It just makes you look really really really ignorant.[/quote]

OH NOES! TEH IRONY!

[quote name='punqsux']will someone PLEASE give this guy a code so he will SHUT THE HELL UP![/quote]

I thought about it, but I'm afraid he'll sue me...

[quote name='adamofwales'][quote name='SneakyPenguin'][quote name='adamofwales'][quote name='CaseyRyback']How is it gamestop's fault that an EA product did not contain a two month card.

If you are going to advertise something, then you best follow through on your promises, otherwise you are breaking the law, and you will need to suffer the resulting legal consequences.[/quote]

So what you're saying is is that you're a hypocrite. it all makes sense now....no wait, it still doesn't.

[quote name='adamofwales']You need to relax first off, and second off go to law school before you start talking about stuff that you don't know anything about. It just makes you look really really really ignorant.[/quote]

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=felony

Felony - One of several grave crimes, such as murder, rape, or burglary, punishable by a more stringent sentence than that given for a misdemeanor.

What part of you not getting an Xbox Live trial is a "grave crime" that fits along the lines of murder, rape, or burglary?

[quote name='SneakyPenguin'][quote name='adamofwales'][quote name='SneakyPenguin'][quote name='adamofwales'][quote name='CaseyRyback']How is it gamestop's fault that an EA product did not contain a two month card.

If you are going to advertise something, then you best follow through on your promises, otherwise you are breaking the law, and you will need to suffer the resulting legal consequences.[/quote]

So what you're saying is is that you're a hypocrite. it all makes sense now....no wait, it still doesn't.[/quote]

No..... Quick question for you.... What in the hell are you saying?

[quote name='mmn'][quote name='adamofwales']You need to relax first off, and second off go to law school before you start talking about stuff that you don't know anything about. It just makes you look really really really ignorant.[/quote]

Felony - One of several grave crimes, such as murder, rape, or burglary, punishable by a more stringent sentence than that given for a misdemeanor.

What part of you not getting an Xbox Live trial is a "grave crime" that fits along the lines of murder, rape, or burglary?[/quote]

defrauding a client by means of interstate mail carriers (i.e. when the defrauding crosses state lines) is classified as a felony, and is handled in federal courts, not state courts. It's actually a really big deal.

[quote name='adamofwales'][quote name='mmn'][quote name='adamofwales']You need to relax first off, and second off go to law school before you start talking about stuff that you don't know anything about. It just makes you look really really really ignorant.[/quote]

What part of you not getting an Xbox Live trial is a "grave crime" that fits along the lines of murder, rape, or burglary?[/quote]

defrauding a client by means of interstate mail carriers is classified as a felony, and is handled in federal courts, not state courts. It's actually a really big deal.[/quote]

Yes so when they actual defraud someone please let us know about it :lol:

[quote name='mmn']First of all, it isn't their problem. They don't package the games and didn't accidentally leave out a stupid Xbox live trial that has ZERO value. And at least they shipped you ANOTHER game, which is more than I would've done had I been the customer service rep. In fact, I probably would've hung up on you and helped someone who had a real problem.[/quote]

Perhaps if you had the ability to read, not simply a vocabulary of primordial grunts and moans, you would be able to rationalize the fact that it is their problem.

GameStop sent him the wrong game, according to Microsoft (whether Microsoft is just passing the buck is irrelevant because of this next fact). Then, when they shipped him another game because of THEIR fuckup, they sent him an opened game with, again, no Xbox Live card.

In conclusion, shut the hell up.

[quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='adamofwales'][quote name='mmn'][quote name='adamofwales']You need to relax first off, and second off go to law school before you start talking about stuff that you don't know anything about. It just makes you look really really really ignorant.[/quote]

defrauding a client by means of interstate mail carriers is classified as a felony, and is handled in federal courts, not state courts. It's actually a really big deal.[/quote]

Yes so when they actual defraud someone please let us know about it :lol:[/quote]

Not only has it already been done and is proveable, but it's also known that it's been done to many other customers, which could easily be the beginnings of a class action law suit if anyone cared to take the time to file one.

[quote name='adamofwales'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='adamofwales'][quote name='mmn'][quote name='adamofwales']You need to relax first off, and second off go to law school before you start talking about stuff that you don't know anything about. It just makes you look really really really ignorant.[/quote]

Yes so when they actual defraud someone please let us know about it :lol:[/quote]

Not only has it already been done and is proveable, but it's also known that it's been done to many other customers, which could easily be the beginnings of a class action law suit if anyone cared to take the time to file one.[/quote]

Well I think if you read the fine print on thier site it will probably say what the definition of a "new" game is and that "insets" aren't always garunteed. Well anyhow I hope this forum of your dies out, its been fun but even I grow wiery of you, just know you've made a trading enemy out of me. :twisted:

[quote name='snipegod'][quote name='mmn']First of all, it isn't their problem. They don't package the games and didn't accidentally leave out a stupid Xbox live trial that has ZERO value. And at least they shipped you ANOTHER game, which is more than I would've done had I been the customer service rep. In fact, I probably would've hung up on you and helped someone who had a real problem.[/quote]

Perhaps if you had the ability to read, not simply a vocabulary of primordial grunts and moans, you would be able to rationalize the fact that it is their problem.

GameStop sent him the wrong game, according to Microsoft (whether Microsoft is just passing the buck is irrelevant because of this next fact). Then, when they shipped him another game because of THEIR fuckup, they sent him an opened game with, again, no Xbox Live card.

In conclusion, shut the hell up.[/quote]

Here's the first part of his original post.

Dear Game Stop,

I purchased NCAA Football 2005 for xbox w/2 months free xbox live service from your online store one month ago.

I called your customer service department on Monday, and they said it wasn’t their problem. They told me to call EA. So I did call EA, who directed me to Microsoft, and Microsoft explained that you had sent me the wrong game. They knew this from all of the serial number information I gave them.

No, they sent him the game he ordered. They just didn't send one that had the Xbox Live trial inside.

[quote name='mmn'][quote name='snipegod'][quote name='mmn']First of all, it isn't their problem. They don't package the games and didn't accidentally leave out a stupid Xbox live trial that has ZERO value. And at least they shipped you ANOTHER game, which is more than I would've done had I been the customer service rep. In fact, I probably would've hung up on you and helped someone who had a real problem.[/quote]

Dear Game Stop,

No, they sent him the game he ordered. They just didn't send one that had the Xbox Live trial inside.[/quote]

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

[quote name='mmn'][quote name='snipegod'][quote name='mmn']First of all, it isn't their problem. They don't package the games and didn't accidentally leave out a stupid Xbox live trial that has ZERO value. And at least they shipped you ANOTHER game, which is more than I would've done had I been the customer service rep. In fact, I probably would've hung up on you and helped someone who had a real problem.[/quote]

Dear Game Stop,

No, they sent him the game he ordered. They just didn't send one that had the Xbox Live trial inside.[/quote]

Let's go through this step-by-step so that your incorrect logic can stop impressing five year old children (zionoverfire).

1) He orders a game, NCAA Football 2005 with a 2 month Xbox Live trial card.
2) They ship him NCAA 2005 without the 2 month Xbox Live trial card.
3) He calls GameStop, who incorrectly tells him that it's not their problem. He then calls Microsoft, who informs him that there are two UPC codes for NCAA Football 2005, one for the game with the card and one for the game without the card.
4) They then ship him an opened copy of the wrong game again.

Now, if the numbers confused you: They sent him the wrong game (the wrong UPC), because his game (UPC) was supposed to come with a 2 month Xbox Live trial card. Without the card is a different game.

Speaking of games: Game Over. Your faulty logic lost.

Dear Game Stop,

wrong again, smarty pants.

They sent me the WRONG SKU NUMBERED GAME, and have now officially commited inter-state mail fraud, a felony, twice.

I dont see why everyone is complaining if the game was to come with 2 free months of something and they dont give it to you why shouldnt you complain. Next time you go out to eat and your bill is 18.00 dont complain when they keep your 50

[quote name='zionoverfire']so let me get this straight they gave him 2 copies of the game and he's still bitching :roll:[/quote]

No, they had me send the original game to them via fedex, which they stated on the phone would be "cross shipped" meaning that while I was sending the original game to them, they were sending the correct replacement game a tthe same time via this special FEDEX RMA Manager program.

They never "cross shipped" the game as promised. Instead, they waited to receive my original game, and then shipped out the opened, used, incorrect SKU game.

I love how dorks are so easily offended.

You're going to sue them, AdamOfWales? You do realize lawsuits require you to leave your house, don't you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back