Don't forget to watch American DAD (sucks to be you it's over)

sisco1986

CAGiversary!
Family Guy fans turn on FOX now and watch American DAD, anyone that isn't a tight ass also watch American DAD.

I found it to be funny, but that's me feel free to jump on the bash American Dad boat. I don't really care (feel free to leave your opinion of the show here). Can't wait for may 1st.

[quote name='alonzomourning23']There's no point to this show, it's essentially family guy with different characters. It seems like I'm watching the same show.[/quote]

Yeah like a show with a paranoid CIA Agent as the father, a martha stewart mother, a german gold fish that has the hots for the mother, a smart ass alien that's lazy, a dorky son and the rebel with out a cause daughter hasn't been done before. :roll:

On a serious note, yeah it does feel like family guy (what shoe doesn't :: cough simpsons cough :: ) , but it's still funny as hell. Don't be so quick the judge watch the show.

Damn, that was pretty horrible. The question I have to ask myself is: Why? Like everyone has said it doesn't stray too far from the basic Family Guy formula, but unfortunately, unlike Family Guy, it's not funny. :(

Ye, it was family guy but with a theme. It seemed like all of the characters were recycled but with slight changes. It just isn't family guy. It wasn' real. The great thing about family guy was it's great satire. This was just pointless and dumb.

[quote name='sisco1986'][quote name='alonzomourning23']There's no point to this show, it's essentially family guy with different characters. It seems like I'm watching the same show.[/quote]

Yeah like a show with a paranoid CIA Agent as the father, a martha stewart mother, a german gold fish that has the hots for the mother, a smart ass alien that's lazy, a dorky son and the rebel with out a cause daughter hasn't been done before. :roll:

On a serious note, yeah it does feel like family guy (what shoe doesn't :: cough simpsons cough :: ) , but it's still funny as hell. Don't be so quick the judge watch the show.[/quote]

You do realize the simpsons was out way before family guy right? :shock:
Anyways i didnt get to watch it(paper due :( ) but the commercials made it seem like it was family guy but instead of a fat dad you have peters neighbor before he got into a wheel chair.

besides that think about it
Peter=the father transformed
Louis="martha stewart mother"
Chris=dorky son
Meg=daughter whos a sort of rebel without a cause
Brian=the goldfish who has the hots for the mother(remember brian liked louis)
and the alien...well i guess thats that monkey who lived in Chris's closet

[quote name='Weedy649'][quote name='sisco1986'][quote name='alonzomourning23']There's no point to this show, it's essentially family guy with different characters. It seems like I'm watching the same show.[/quote]

On a serious note, yeah it does feel like family guy (what shoe doesn't :: cough simpsons cough :: ) , but it's still funny as hell. Don't be so quick the judge watch the show.[/quote]

You do realize the simpsons was out way before family guy right? :shock:
Anyways i didnt get to watch it(paper due :( ) but the commercials made it seem like it was family guy but instead of a fat dad you have peters neighbor before he got into a wheel chair.

besides that think about it
Peter=the father transformed
Louis="martha stewart mother"
Chris=dorky son
Meg=daughter whos a sort of rebel without a cause
Brian=the goldfish who has the hots for the mother(remember brian liked louis)
and the alien...well i guess thats that monkey who lived in Chris's closet[/quote]

Ah obviously (unless I've been living under a MASSIVE Jupiter sized rock, Yes I know the simpsons came before family guy), I was referring to the context of Family Guy taking the mold of the dumb father (Homer/Peter), level headed mother (Marge/Luis), dorky child/s (Lisa, bart isn't dorky but he had his moments/ Chris Meg), and pet (santas little helper/snowball/snowball2/Brain). It's pretty damn obvious that the roles in American DAD fits the mold of Family guy, like I said..What show hasn't done that. Hey you guys can knock it all you want that's fine, I for one loved it.

Who cares, stop comparing it to Family Guy. It's by the same guy, so of course it's going to be similar. That's like comparing The Village and Signs because it has the same director. Appreciate what it is, not what it's similar to. I thought it was pretty funny, especially the Hilary Duff bit.

i didnt get to see it(i did mention that) im not knocking the show or anything just saying. I like futurama and thats made by the same guy who brought the simpsons, yet i find it different enough not to be sort of a knock off to milk the cow(after the dvds selling so much) I hope i find the show funny but if not ill always have family guy

The show was OK. Definitely not as good as family guy, but decent. But if definitely reeked of Family Guy. It was basically the same thing, just not as good. Oh well, May 1st Family Guy is back!!!

It was kinda weak, only 3 big laughs for me. The alien and goldfish characters are dumb. Does feel like family guy but not as good.
I give it - :rofl: :whistle2:# :whistle2:# :whistle2:#

That was painfully bad. Apparently Seth McFarlane is another talent driven insane by current events. I only hope for the sake of 'Family Guy' that the worst bit can be attributed to the credited co-creators. They say it's starting as a series on May 1 but this is Fox. Surely it isn't too early to cancel it.

[quote name='Scahom1']I thought it was decent. Give it a chance.[/quote]

Actually a premire after the Super bowl is a pretty big chance in TV...

[quote name='epobirs']That was painfully bad. Apparently Seth McFarlane is another talent driven insane by current events. I only hope for the sake of 'Family Guy' that the worst bit can be attributed to the credited co-creators. They say it's starting as a series on May 1 but this is Fox. Surely it isn't too early to cancel it.[/quote]

I think they already contracted a certain number of episodes (dont remember how many) so they'll probably air what they have (though they could just not air them if they felt it necessary). They've been advertising it hardcore on Adult Swim and they'll probably keep it up through til May too, but regardless I don't see it doing well enough to renew it in the future.

FYI: Next airing of American DAD is next Sunday at 1130pm on AdultSwim (CartoonNetwork).

Now you can commence the bashing. :lol:

I for one found it hilarious. I love family guy and expected to like this show and I wasnt disappointed. Im definitely looking forward to future episodes.

The only laugh out loud moments I found were the last two times that the alien randomely crapped...and I think that's only because I'm dead tired and will laugh at anything.

I predict that this will be one of the shows that gets cancelled and they will release the whole series, along with a bunch of unaired episodes, on dvd.

there were only a few good laughs in the whole episode, and the storyline blew...but its a first episode...first episodes are usually really good or really bad when you compare them to the rest of the series...lets hope this is just really bad ^^

the goldfish just sucked...stop grasping at straws

I liked it, wasn't the best but not bad. I can see some potential. I might have liked it more if there wasn't any new Family Guy episodes coming up. There doesn't seem to be a real need for it since they decided to bring FG back. It just needs to be a lot more different, much like Simpsons and Futurama are different. I don't think American Dad's family needed to have two kids, one and the alien would have been better. Also using some of the same voices from FG in American Dad sorta turned me off. And the Dad (Stan?) seems like Joe and Quagmire(chin especially) mixed together.

[quote name='punqsux']there were only a few good laughs in the whole episode, and the storyline blew...but its a first episode...first episodes are usually really good or really bad when you compare them to the rest of the series...lets hope this is just really bad ^^

the goldfish just sucked...stop grasping at straws[/quote]

Ya...so did the mom. AND WHERE IS MY EVIL GENIUS BABY GODDAM IT!

If it hadnt dropped a bit in quality towards the end, I'd be asking why Futurama isn't getting revived instead of Family Guy and a new show that is completely forgettable.

[quote name='Greetard']The only laugh out loud moments I found were the last two times that the alien randomely crapped...and I think that's only because I'm dead tired and will laugh at anything.[/quote]

It made me wonder if there was a 'lost' episode of Bewitched where Paul Lynde (who the alien seems modeled upon) had random bouts of projectile vomiting, and which Darren would have been hit by it.

No matter how bad people say it is i'll still watch it.

I always watch this kind of stuff... simpsons, family guy, futurama, king of the hill

=)

[quote name='mofo1115']No matter how bad people say it is i'll still watch it.

I always watch this kind of stuff... simpsons, family guy, futurama, king of the hill

=)[/quote]

ah the lost art of thinking for yourself. kudos to you my friend (Oh I can almost smell the flames coming).

I was pretty disappointed. As was already said, it seemed to mostly be a copy of Family Guy, only not nearly as funny. The alien and the fish just seemed downright stupid. Maybe they'll have an actual reason for them to be in the show in the future, but at the moment, they just seemed to be a distraction. It almost managed to feel formulaic in its non-formulaity, if that makes any sense. I'll give it a fair shot and watch a few more episodes, but they better be a whole lot funnier than the pilot or this show isn't going to see season 2.

My girlfriend made a poignant observation. I asked her why American Dad came home with a mangy dog for his son.

Her answer. "Because it was the only funny part of the show."

[quote name='radjago']My girlfriend made a poignant observation. I asked her why American Dad came home with a mangy dog for his son.

Her answer. "Because it was the only funny part of the show."[/quote]

Or "because if you blow the head off a cute dog and try to present it as a comedy bit, viewers tend to get upset for some reason"

[quote name='Drocket']I was pretty disappointed. As was already said, it seemed to mostly be a copy of Family Guy, only not nearly as funny. The alien and the fish just seemed downright stupid. Maybe they'll have an actual reason for them to be in the show in the future, but at the moment, they just seemed to be a distraction. It almost managed to feel formulaic in its non-formulaity, if that makes any sense. I'll give it a fair shot and watch a few more episodes, but they better be a whole lot funnier than the pilot or this show isn't going to see season 2.[/quote]

When is it gonna be back? I know this was just a sneak preview. When "Family Guy" started in 1999 (also, after a Super Bowl), it didn't return until March, I think.

I liked it and will it watch along with the new Family Guy episodes in May.

Remember that this was just the pilot; I think most people would agree that other shows like "Family Guy" and "Aqua Teen Hunger Force" got better after the first few episodes. We will just have to wait and see how the first season progresses.

[quote name='sketch226']If it hadnt dropped a bit in quality towards the end, I'd be asking why Futurama isn't getting revived instead of Family Guy and a new show that is completely forgettable.[/quote]

i thought the futurama was equally good throughout its seasons, and the last episode was absolutely amazing. it definitely tied things up well. i would wish for futurama to come back but that was such a great ending.

American DAd was funniest when it was being its most political. It seems like it trying to be a more political style of show than Family Guy (more pop culture). Overall I was a bit disappointed with it.

It definitely looks like they're trying to make it a more political show than Family Guy, which would be OK if they manage to be timely and topical. The political jokes in the pilot, though, were mostly stuff that was old in 2003. It wound up feeling dated, and rather tame, too. That may just be a side-effect of it being the pilot, though, so we'll just have to wait and see.

Aside from a few funny jokes, I just didn't find it funny. Even if this wasn't a rip of Family Guy, the show itself wasn't funny. I found myself bored at times during it, and the when it ended, I didn't have that same sense of joy as I did after watching any Family Guy episode.

I don't think American Dad will last long, and if it does, I'd love to see what material Seth could come up with with such little to work with in characters. I'm sure Seth will be more comfortable working with Family Guy seeing how he's has 3 season worth of superb materal.

Great time period??? What are you talking about? Probally 50-80% of all the people on the east coast turned off the tv right after the superbowl went off at almost 11pm EST TIME. how it showed

1030-11 was the time slot and it got pumped to 1115 to 1145 pm. Most people gave up and went to bed (if they had to be at work by 7) It was okay but you could tell it was nothing more then a FAMILY GUY clone and it will be a major mistake in May to put them back to back cause people will say WHY DO WE NEED 2 of ALMOST The same show

some parts were funny but then again I was laughing at some parts of the PUPPY BOWL waiting for this to start. IT Sucks that the first show isnt till may and guess what people, If the first show Flops Expect fox to pull it RIGHT THEN AND NOW... Remember MAY IS SWEEPS MONTH and FOX wont allow a program with low ratings to stay on. Meaning

we will see 1 maybe 2 EPS of Dad and then it will either be CANCELLED Or Pushed back to June or july .. May is just the wrong time to start

its OK but its no Family Guy. Usually when I watch the first seasons of shows they aren't very funny (Family Guy and Seinfeld are exceptions). It seems like they just sor of made each character the opposite of what they were in family guy. I dint think they put much effort into the show. They even have the same flashbacks at random intervals.

bread's done
Back