Don't miss out on buying Valkyria Chronicles-Amazon

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!
Feedback
96 (100%)
There is large possibility that there will likely be no more shipments of this game. Gamestop, walmart, best buy, etc. are all out of stock.

I found one at amazon for $24.98 http://www.amazon.com/Valkyria-Chro..._1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1295033665&sr=1-1

This game will also likely age well. If you buy a copy there is a good chance it will be worth a lot more in the future. The standard price of this game already jumped up by $5.

Not another OMG let's make an artificial shortage of a game that didn't sell that widely thread.

Oh wait, I didn't realize this game came out 2 years ago. Maybe it is time to sit down with the OP and tell him about the natural process of product life cycles. Bring the kleenex. :)

Hyperbole aside, how common is it to find a used copy in a GameStop nowadays? Just got a PS3 and wanted to use my B2G1 coupon, but I don't know if I should troll all over Manhattan to find a used copy in a GS or not.

'Tis a grand game that I already own two copies of! One for personal use and one squirreled away if something bad should ever happen to copy #1.

Anyhow, as much as I love it, brand new copies of it are on ebay every day selling for anywhere between $15-20 with free shipping. And that my friends is just more incentive to get at it!

Edit: Whoa, I just looked on ebay and it did jump $5 from most sellers! Get at it now, fill the choppers!

[quote name='VintageTurtle']'Tis a grand game that I already own two copies of! One for personal use and one squirreled away if something bad should ever happen to copy #1.

Anyhow, as much as I love it, brand new copies of it are on ebay every day selling for anywhere between $15-20 with free shipping.[/QUOTE]

Quite true. I've still got a sealed copy nestled between an opened copy and two copies of White Knight Chronicles.

[quote name='lunker']Hyperbole aside, how common is it to find a used copy in a GameStop nowadays? Just got a PS3 and wanted to use my B2G1 coupon, but I don't know if I should troll all over Manhattan to find a used copy in a GS or not.[/QUOTE]

There's one at the store just near me... and is also ~$20 used

zomg rare

[quote name='Byakurai']Quite true. I've still got a sealed copy nestled between an opened copy and two copies of White Knight Chronicles.[/QUOTE]
:applause: This guy gets it, though I'm not so sure about White Knight Chronicles. ;)

On a separate note, does anyone happen to know if the manual was ever printed in full color? The copy I have is in black & white and that is a bit common for reprints.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']There is large possibility that there will likely be no more shipments of this game. Gamestop, walmart, best buy, etc. are all out of stock.

I found one at amazon for $24.98 http://www.amazon.com/Valkyria-Chro..._1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1295033665&sr=1-1

This game will also likely age well. If you buy a copy there is a good chance it will be worth a lot more in the future. The standard price of this game already jumped up by $5.[/QUOTE]

I will just borrow my cousins copy.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']New Fire_Thief tryouts are next week, OP.[/QUOTE]

God damn, I remembe Fire_thief. Where is the brotha! Holla!

Fun game, naturally there's a lot of hokey anime mellodrama but its still great to play

That said, this thread is for deals, not deal advice. I'll agree that VC really seems to have gotten a bit scarcer when I wasn't looking (closest copy at GS is 50 minutes away), but a deal should be judged relative to its current price, not the price it might be later on.

New Fire_Thief tryouts are next week, OP.
Whatever happened to him, did he finally get booted? Not that I'm complaining.... plus if you need a trolll, Vaultdweller seems to have picked up the slack quite efficiently.

Love the art style and the inclusion of third-person gameplay... I just really loathe SRPGs. I want to like SRPGs... I just find them too stressful, and monotonous. My thanks for this ignorance goes to Advance Wars.

[quote name='VintageTurtle']On a separate note, does anyone happen to know if the manual was ever printed in full color? The copy I have is in black & white and that is a bit common for reprints.[/QUOTE]

I bought my copy about a month after release and it's in black and white, so I'd imagine they're all that way.

Don't mind the melodramatic moments. I'm all about the story and from what i've heard, VC's story is quite solid. OP needs to take his pills though - what a pointless thread

VC I got for $20 new a ways back, frankly that game was one of the reasons I eventually nabbed a PS3. Vast majority of my time and games on the xbox360.

IMO very worthwhile to get before it dries up if there is a threat of that, a unique and enjoyable title.

[quote name='VaultDweller']this game is terrible, $10 or no go[/QUOTE]

Agreed. It's very over rated. I've played much better turn based strategy games in my life time.

I also hate the voice acting, story, and art style.

[quote name='elrobo8']I bought my copy about a month after release and it's in black and white, so I'd imagine they're all that way.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the heads up mate, it's much appreciated!

Now to get a cheaper second copy of the second game before they become... Greatest Hits copies! :cold:

[quote name='ssjmichael']This definitely isn't your average SRPG. It's basically a hybrid with a third person shooter. It's definitely worth playing I'd say. The art style is fantastic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YTzxjnLU5c[/QUOTE]

I've played many srpgs and hated them all, including final fantasy tactics. You sure I will love this game?

Although this isn't a real deal the price of the game has been rising recently. This used to be 15-20 and OP is right in saying most places are sold out. The real question is will it get another reprint?

i am playing it right now
it is pretty good.

I did that stage where you see the dessert.
I was pretty much taking out the "Generals" or those enemies with red clothing since they have a "turn" badge. Once they are eliminated, the enemy loses a turn each time a character dies and an extra turn because of their disctinct clothing. i believe they are also harder to kill.

Anyways, i was amazed at my tactics since i pretty much killed all these special enemy characters with my snipers and my scouts and i had to give up my round-turn.
Suddenly a lancer, or those badass characters with lancers who shoot rockets :D, just goes at my tank and fires leaving minimal damage but on his second turn, characters can use all the turn badges if you want to but then your ammo [rockets, grenades, sniper ammo] and movement [this decreases severely] decreases with each turn, he goes around me and single shots my tank from behind since it is it's weakpoint.
The game ends when Welkin, the most important main character, dies.

i rage'd.

The only time i left my tank unprotected and i know better now.
i have to re-do that mission =/

Thanks for the heads up I guess, I've been wanting to play this one

also, how is the difficulty of the game, is their a good tutorial, I know absolutely nothing about SRPGS and generally don't care for them, but I wanted to give this game a chance because The art style is great and I heard the story is good

I bought this game when I got my PS3 slim at launch, but only recently started playing it. I think it's awesome, but I do enjoy SRPGs.

But it's not a traditional SRPG, the enemy can shoot at you while you move and vice versa. This aspect alone opens up new strategies and methods of play.

I love to hide behind a tree while an enemy shoots at me, then when he empties his clip I run up to him while he's reloading and unload into his face at point blank range, then run back to cover.

I also love the watercolor paiting come to life art style.

Before I had a PS3 this is one of the games I was jealous of not being able to play, and was on my must buy list for when I finally got one.

I'd easily put this in a top ten list of PS3 exclusives.

This is the worst thread on CAG.

No games released this generation will be worth more than their original MSRP in 10 years.

[quote name='jer7583']This is the worst thread on CAG.

No games released this generation will be worth more than their original MSRP in 10 years.[/QUOTE]

double BS on this.

(dragon quest v comes to mind, along with a bunch of other limited print DS and PSP games)

(trinity universe on PS3 could be too)

especially if theyre sealed(no brainer).

[quote name='KornKid91']
also, how is the difficulty of the game, is their a good tutorial, I know absolutely nothing about SRPGS and generally don't care for them, but I wanted to give this game a chance because The art style is great and I heard the story is good[/QUOTE]

I'm finding it tough, but not unfair. You will die and fail missions alot in the beginning, but you can always see why and it's almost always your fault. So you learn a lesson and retry the mission. When you finally beat a level theres a good sense of accomplishment.

You can only beat each story mission once, but if your getting owned, there are 'Skirmish' side missions that you can replay over and over to grind experience and money.

You use experience to level up each class. When you level a class each member of your squad levels up. So if you level Sniper class to level 2, all your snipers go to level 2. This way even characters your not using keep up with the ones you do use, so you can sub in rarely used characters and their not underleveled.

Money is used to buy equipment and tank upgrades, like better armor, stronger weapons, etc.

And unlike many SRPGs, the game is not overloaded with complex menus and options. It's pretty much move and attack. The depth comes from where you place your troops and how you attack.

I'd say it's easy to pick up and get the basics right, but very difficult to master.

[quote name='jer7583']This is the worst thread on CAG.

No games released this generation will be worth more than their original MSRP in 10 years.[/QUOTE]

Since you can see 10 years into the future, can you give me some stock tips, or future Superbowl winners? ;)

bread's done
Back