Don't pay more than $20 for a game

briandadude

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
PSP games are obviously not selling very well. Virtually every game is available for less than $20 a year after its debut. Through either the greatest hits program or low demand, PSP games drop faster than any other system. I know it's a bit cruel to say but you would have to be a sucker to pay retail for a PSP game.

Case in point, Rock Band Unplugged is less than 3 months old and already on sale for $20 at Target.

Thoughts?

[quote name='briandadude']PSP games are obviously not selling very well. Virtually every game is available for less than $20 a year after its debut. Through either the greatest hits program or low demand, PSP games drop faster than any other system. I know it's a bit cruel to say but you would have to be a sucker to pay retail for a PSP game.
[/QUOTE]
I'd say you'd be a sucker to wait a year to play every PSP game you want.

[quote name='pete5883']I'd say you'd be a sucker to wait a year to play every PSP game you want.[/QUOTE]

Certainly a good point. Luckily it usually only takes ~6 months for a game to be half its original price (based on my terribly unscientific observations). I just find it fascinating how quickly the prices fall. Even with God of War and Final Fantasy, $20. It's incredible how people pay $35 for Mario Kart DS to this day and yet Sony can't come close to those dollar amounts with any of its AAA PSP titles.

Is it piracy, marketing, target audience, perception?

[quote name='briandadude']All in good time. :)[/QUOTE]

try finding Metal Gear Portable Ops. Used copy goes for $30, new copy $50+

[quote name='62t']try finding Metal Gear Portable Ops. Used copy goes for $30, new copy $50+[/QUOTE]

It dropped to $20 shortly after release and then became rare. Therefore if you wanted it since release and were willing to wait a little bit you easily could have got it for less than $20.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']It dropped to $20 shortly after release and then became rare. Therefore if you wanted it since release and were willing to wait a little bit you easily could have got it for less than $20.[/QUOTE]

It was a GH for a short period of time, but very few retailer carried it. Other RPGs like Valkyrie Profile and Tales of the World hold their value pretty well. Valkyrie Profile was going for good value until SE decide to reprint it

Kinda funny someone telling cheap ass gamers not to pay more than $20 for a game. Can't remember the last game I paid more than $20 for on any system.

Your logic is flawed, you're preaching to CAG...a community of cheapasses, and your first paragraph reads like a retarded scientific hypothesis.

Some PSP games drop pretty quickly, but there are others that never get drops and that can't be found through regular retail channels new. OMG...just like all the other consoles!!!!!!!111!!!!1!!

Thanks for your infinite wisdom dude Brian.

[quote name='briandadude'] It's incredible how people pay $35 for Mario Kart DS to this day and yet Sony can't come close to those dollar amounts with any of its AAA PSP titles.

[/QUOTE]

That's pretty sad considering GOW pwns Mario Kart DS. I gave mine to Amazon for $15.

[quote name='blackjaw']Your logic is flawed, you're preaching to CAG...a community of cheapasses, and your first paragraph reads like a retarded scientific hypothesis.

Some PSP games drop pretty quickly, but there are others that never get drops and that can't be found through regular retail channels new. OMG...just like all the other consoles!!!!!!!111!!!!1!!

Thanks for your infinite wisdom dude Brian.[/QUOTE]

Anytime!

Some of the recent rpgs may be difficult to find new/sealed under $20:
crimson gem saga, class of heroes, mana khemia
as well as the prinny game

those might get clearanced to low prices, but odds are a few off them due to low print runs, will require luck to scoop up.

Hanging over everything is the pspgo, it certainly will make publishers rethink reprinting a title and going digital only, thus making physical games more rare
but then you wonder if there will be enough no-go psp owners chasing the physical copies.

bread's done
Back