DOOM 3 BFG Edition, Spec Ops The Line Premium Edition - $19.99 + FS @ BestBuy.com

[quote name='PikkonFusion']CAG...what a site. I checked online to see if my local Best Buy had a copy of Doom BFG Ed in stock and lucky one store did. Even thou the $20 off coupon expired, I figured I would give it a shot and see if I could use it. I get to the store and grab what looked to be the last copy and jet to the checkout line. I figured I should purchase another item so that if they accept the coupon, the price would be $0.00 at checkout. So I picked up an overly priced 20oz soda for $2. I get the register handed over the soda, my bb rewards zone id, the game (requested that a price check to ensure the price dropped to $20), and the coupon. Of course the cashier realizes the coupon expired after trying to scan it. Naturally I say nooo…I didn’t know. The cashier, who happens to be a young girl, looks over to see my pretty 11mo baby girl playing with a cute toy & laughing. The cashier says would you like a manager to come over. I say sure and I keep playing with my daughter to make her laugh and smile. The manager comes over adjusts the price from $19.99 to $1.00 and I say thank you very much while trying not to smile too big.

Did I use my daughter to get a game for $1 instead of the regular price? Nah…well maybe, but it didn’t hurt my case. All in all it worked. Thanks CAG for alerting to me to price drop. It doesn’t hurt to see if you can use an expired coupon…the worse thing they can say is no. Mind you this happen yesterday. In this case, the coupon was expired by only one day…which seemed to help. Make your case look better by attempting to purchase more than one item so that your final checkout is not zero.[/QUOTE]

Lol, nicely done. Makes me want to get my 6 month old from daycare and head over to Best Buy. I already threw out my coupon though. Oh well!

[quote name='gldoorii']Man...my Best Buy wont even let me use coupons when the game is on sale. They flip out about how it's either one or the other. They wont even price match other stores.[/QUOTE]You need to report the store to corp that way a higher up can address the issues on your behalf. Once they get involved your future dealing will go much smoother.

[quote name='odd mr t']Basically what this is saying is, there is no longer a point to sign up for Gamer Club Unlocked because the really good deals they offered last year aren't going to happen again. The coupons merely reflect a soon-to-be regular price. Besides, with the new systems coming out this year, prices on all non-new releases are going to plummet very soon.[/QUOTE]I completely disagree
1-Having access to a lower price a month or so early is a great advantage since it allows for time to play/bear the game & trade/sell elsewhere with little value loss.
2-Even with the subpar deals compared to last yr I still scored $5 kinect BZ, $5 prototype, $15 Dragon's Dogma.
This is coming from a person with 4 GCU subs & each one has more than saved/earned me well over the $15 along with paying my GS PUR. If you(not directed at you just a general statement) can't find value in having 1 "paid" GCU sub then you're not doing it right. Savvy shoppers should've easily aquired 2-4 yrs of subs with relative ease especially if you've been apart of the GCU from day 1.

bread's done
Back