Doom 3 + ROE for Xbox - Get them!

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Just recently beaten doom 3 and I've just purchased ROE for xbox on amazon. Game is BOSS if you have a big tv. I've played it on the PC back when it was released, but playing it on console gives a much better experience imo.

Graphics? They look like they were made for the 360 tbh.

You guys should really give them a try :D that is all.

[quote name='Chacrana']The fuck would one want a bad port of this game for?[/QUOTE]

A bad port are you kidding?? Have you even tried it for the xbox?? Fine perhaps the pc version has better graphics, but that's probably the only difference; but yet the visuals still look impressive!

Give it a try man! Its like 11 used on amazon I think. Took me a week to beat it or slightly more on hardest difficulty.

[quote name='giantqtipz']A bad port are you kidding?? Have you even tried it for the xbox?? Fine perhaps the pc version has better graphics, but that's probably the only difference; but yet the game still looks impressive![/QUOTE]

No, I have not. Fortunately, you just admitted that it was a bad port, saving me the time and effort of giving a fuck.

[quote name='Chacrana']Return on Equity.[/QUOTE]

My first thread in the general gaming forum and some random guy tries to take over it...

Nah bro, it's your thread. I'm just sayin' that the Xbox version of those games are way worse than the PC versions, particularly now that the game is almost 6 years old. Anyone with a halfway decent computer could run the game with settings that stomp out the console version.

That said, the game has aged well... visually, at least. I really need to play through it sometime... hopefully soon.

[quote name='Chacrana']Nah bro, it's your thread. I'm just sayin' that the Xbox version of those games are way worse than the PC versions, particularly now that the game is almost 6 years old. Anyone with a halfway decent computer could run the game with settings that stomp out the console version.

That said, the game has aged well... visually, at least. I really need to play through it sometime... hopefully soon.[/QUOTE]
Alright.

Why are you mellow suddenly??

[quote name='giantqtipz']Alright.

Why are you mellow suddenly??[/QUOTE]

I had my fun. I am satisfied. And I actually want to play Doom 3.

Joke post? I'm so confused... still, at the risk of making myself look like an ass I gotta ask: what is ROE? I searched a list of Xbox games and nothing fits that acronym

The Xbox version does have it's merits. Because of the technical limitations of the Xbox, they removed parts of the game, but nothing too major (Except the outdoor parts, which weren't great to begin with.), but the game's design doesn't show it unless you played the PC version first. The graphics are indeed impressive for the Xbox, and it has a co-op mode (Although it doesn't work now, since they took down all original Xbox Live servers), which the PC version lacks.

There are a lot of bad ports out there, but Doom 3 isn't one of them.

And ROE is the expansion pack, Resurrection of Evil, in case somebody didn't know.

I mean, it's far from the worst port ever, but it is in every way a worse game than the PC version... which strikes me as being a bad port.

Funny thread. I also played Doom3 on the xbox back in the day on an SD TV and it was a great game. At the time I didn't have a PC that could play it but I did end up playing ROE on the PC and that also was a great game. Doom3 gets a bad rap, and if you realized changing between a gun and flashlight is part of the game then I think everyone should give it a shot.

I wonder how good it looks on a 360 on an HDTV.

[quote name='Chacrana']I mean, it's far from the worst port ever, but it is in every way a worse game than the PC version... which strikes me as being a bad port.[/QUOTE]

So what would a good port have been? With no consoles more powerful at the time, I don't think a better port would have been possible.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']So what would a good port have been? With no consoles more powerful at the time, I don't think a better port would have been possible.[/QUOTE]

If you can't make a good port, then don't port it. Simple as that. They should've just waited for the 360 so they could dump the game on there without stripping it down.

Though I suppose it's better that they released a gimped Xbox port of the game rather than dumbing down the original in order to make it multiplatform in the first place...

The port was fine for the time, but the game was not "boss" by any means. It was predictable and repetitive, poorly paced, level design was poor so the resorted to monster closets, etc.

[quote name='msdmoney']The port was fine for the time, but the game was not "boss" by any means. It was predictable and repetitive, poorly paced, level design was poor so the resorted to monster closets, etc.[/QUOTE]

no no i know the initial game is repetitive. but to me, and perhaps to me only; the game is better played on consoles with a large screen tv. it feels more intense that way. when i played it on the pc, it was just like every other game ive played. standard fps, run and gun.

playing it on the consoles (6 years after the original release), i had to take several pauses in between levels or in the middle of a game because the experience is different. and you completely forget about how repetitive it is. at least thats how i felt when playing it on my 360.

i mean, i tried playing dead space 1 on my friends computer and it wasnt as intense as playing it on the 360 or ps3, with a big tv.

You should get a better monitor. It's pricey, but a good PC setup will give you a far more intense experience. Cuz your face is right up in the monitor and all that.

I loved Doom 3 on the Xbox. It's one of my favorite games. I have Resurrection of Evil but haven't completed it.

[quote name='giantqtipz']no no i know the initial game is repetitive. but to me, and perhaps to me only; the game is better played on consoles with a large screen tv. it feels more intense that way. when i played it on the pc, it was just like every other game ive played. standard fps, run and gun.

playing it on the consoles (6 years after the original release), i had to take several pauses in between levels or in the middle of a game because the experience is different. and you completely forget about how repetitive it is. at least thats how i felt when playing it on my 360.

i mean, i tried playing dead space 1 on my friends computer and it wasnt as intense as playing it on the 360 or ps3, with a big tv.[/QUOTE]

I don't really understand the difference, you say on the PC it was just a standard FPS, but on the console it somehow changed because of the larger screen? You know you can output a computer to a large tv?

Yea . . I played both on the xbox when they came out , fun stuff!! But I havnt touched either since then . . . just sitting there collecting dust now . . sniff:cry:

bread's done
Back