Doom II, out now on XBLA. 800 points.

seanr1221

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
144054-doom2.jpg

Anyone else DL Doom II today?

So far I'm loving it (I always liked Doom II more than Doom) but couldn't imagine playing on a any difficulty higher than :baby: mode. I forgot how many enemies they throw at you in this game.

Here are the avatar awards

doomiitee.png

How to obtain: Show your support for the grandpappy of First Person Shooters

doomsuit.png

How to obtain: Finish the brand new episode 'No Rest for the Living' to unlock your own DOOM II Marine Suit!

Credit goes to http://www.themexbox.com/index.php?topic=962.0

Gladly threw my $10 down for this game, and it's totally worth it. Doom 2 still beats the pants off many FPS games released today for $60.

The download is 34 mb, IIRC, and I'm fairly certain you can co-op the campaign but I'm not 100% sure.

Working on the new episode now (in Ultra-Violence) to get the avatar set. The new episode is pretty good, some great level design so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Survivalism']Is it just me or are the sounds a bit...off?[/QUOTE]

I haven't really noticed it.

I did notice they changed the med kits to have a pill symbol, instead of the red cross.

I'm just about done with the new episode... it's worth $10 for this episode alone if you are a Doom fan, imo. On Ultra-Violence, the amount of enemies they throw at you at one time is insane. It was definitely worth the money... now to move onto multiplayer, to get my 100 kills achievement out of the way before the MP in this game ends up like Doom 1.

EDIT: Online is already dead... having a ton of trouble finding even 1 ranked or player game half the time, and only played one game in 40 minutes that had all 4 slots filled. I'm at 79 kills, just another 21 and I can shelf the online.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't believe it, it's finally released on XBLA! I started a thread over at xbox.com like 4 years ago asking others who wants Doom 2. It'd be cool if that little thread actually did help get this game out!

I bought the game before trying the trial, never do that, and it's very enjoyable. You can play with up to 4 people on and offline which always made Doom 2 the best. Doom 2 Co-Op = hours of entertainment!

Here's the marketplace link:http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/media/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802584109b6/?did=00000000-0000-4000-8000-0000584109b6&bt=0&sb=1&mt=16&gu=66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802584109b6&p=1&of=6

Wait, this one has campaign co-op? Damn, I'll probably end up getting in then.

And that is a fucking AWESOME avatar shirt, haha

Those avatar items are bad ass. It almost makes me want to pick it up. How many missions did they add? And was it the guys at Id who made the new levels?

[quote name='animalspinners']I haven't really noticed it.[/QUOTE]

It sounds to me like certain zombie death sounds seem to be a bit lower in pitch, and doors sound a bit different, too. No better or worse, just different than what I'm used to. Or apparently I'm crazy and just imagining it.

[quote name='Spybreak8']Oh man I made another save just for level 8, god I love that one.[/QUOTE]

Same here.

It's also the easiest level, imo, to get the "Kill a Cyberdemon with your fists" achievement, due to the fact there are so many corners and so much ammo to wear him down with.

[quote name='madcyantist']Yeah I bought it. Single player is great. Multiplayer is really laggy :([/QUOTE]

Yea, MP for me was laggy and generally not that fun... easiest way to get the 100 kills achievement is to play on E1M1 and grab the BFG in the starting room behind a pillar, or the Rocket Launcher in the area with all the blue potions and spam rockets down the hall. Took about 45 minutes, I'll never go back. The hardest part was actually finding people to play with.

Level 8 is the best place to get 20 chainsaw kills imo. A certain area where a bunch of four legged creatures are bottled up in a narrow hallway.;)

Also I think it's too soon to say that online is already dead. Hell half the world didn't even know it was coming out just a few days ago. Give it time; see how it is during the weekend.

[quote name='Spybreak8']Level 8 is the best place to get 20 chainsaw kills imo. A certain area where a bunch of four legged creatures are bottled up in a narrow hallway.;)

Also I think it's too soon to say that online is already dead. Hell half the world didn't even know it was coming out just a few days ago. Give it time; see how it is during the weekend.[/QUOTE]

You mean level 8 of old Doom 2 or the new levels? I meant level 8 of the new levels, haha.

I got my chainsaw kills on the original game on level 1.

And meh, I'm done with the MP... got my 100 kills so no reason for me to go back to it. It didn't age well, imo. I didn't buy it for the MP though, but I wanted to make sure to get that 100 kills achievement out of the way before MP completely becomes a ghost town a la Doom 1.

[quote name='Spybreak8']Level 8 is the best place to get 20 chainsaw kills imo. A certain area where a bunch of four legged creatures are bottled up in a narrow hallway.;)

Also I think it's too soon to say that online is already dead. Hell half the world didn't even know it was coming out just a few days ago. Give it time; see how it is during the weekend.[/QUOTE]

There's a chainsaw to your immediate left when you start level 1. If the game's on Ultra-Violence there are more than 20 enemies in the level. It's all zombiemen and imps, so if you lurk around corners where possible it's pretty easy.

Also, the easiest level to beat with 100% or on Nightmare is level 1. For the Nightmare run you can literally sprint through the stage in about 15 seconds.

[quote name='lolwut?']Wait, this one has campaign co-op? Damn, I'll probably end up getting in then.

And that is a fucking AWESOME avatar shirt, haha[/QUOTE]

The original PC versions of Doom had campaign co-op, you know. You had to be on LAN, direct modem connection, or null modem cable, but it worked by crackey!

[quote name='Foggen']There's a chainsaw to your immediate left when you start level 1. If the game's on Ultra-Violence there are more than 20 enemies in the level. It's all zombiemen and imps, so if you lurk around corners where possible it's pretty easy.

Also, the easiest level to beat with 100% or on Nightmare is level 1. For the Nightmare run you can literally sprint through the stage in about 15 seconds.[/QUOTE]

Yeah technically any level is good for the chainsaw achievement.;) I just got mine really easy on Level 8 since you can't be harmed due to being in such a closed space chopping up Demons (when your saw contacts them they can't deal you any damage:lol:).

[quote name='Foggen']The original PC versions of Doom had campaign co-op, you know. You had to be on LAN, direct modem connection, or null modem cable, but it worked by crackey![/QUOTE]

Yeah we used to play LAN Doom 2 games all the time when my cousins came over with their laptops. Oh man I still remember seeing my uncle getting shot in the face by a rocket which came from a Cyberdemon's mechanical arm!

bread's done
Back