Doom Movie Yahoo! Trailer - FPS Scenes

[quote name='AlbinoNinja']the stuff they show can all be done in the game[/QUOTE]

It's the fact that it looks like the game that makes it look good. If it didn't it'd be shit.

[quote name='AlbinoNinja']plus u get to control it.[/QUOTE]

And what was the last movie you could control?

I think it looks kind of cool. At least if it's going to be a bad movie, it can pay homage to its video game roots.

That being said, I freaking love the Rock. I feel he is one of the few action stars out there that has any sort of future. I know he has made some not so good movies, but he also has some pretty good ones to his name. The Rundown is one of my favorite movies. It's on HBO practically every other day, but I can watch it anytime and never get tired of it.

[quote name='Tromack']That being said, I freaking love the Rock.[/QUOTE]

Me too. At first I was like "Oh God, a wrestler acting..." and he is pretty good. Well, at least enjoyable.

The FPS view looks cool. I just wonder how often and for how long they are going to use that perspective. I would get annoying if they kept switching between the two. I just want to see more demons. It just reminds me of Resident Evil on Mars.

[quote name='Friedle']Me too. At first I was like "Oh God, a wrestler acting..." and he is pretty good. Well, at least enjoyable.[/QUOTE]

Wrestlers are actors.

The scenes look good to me. I wonder how much of them are CGI. It looks just like the game without the HUD. It seems like a good way to translate the suspense and horror of the game to a non-interactive medium.

The Rock will play Sarge, which is one of the leading roles.

Last I'd read, the FPS sequences will be used for a good portion of the action sequences. I can't imagine them jumping in and out of it, since that would ruin the inteneded immersive effect. I can't wait to see how they show the BFG.

The FP shots made me feel a little dizzy. and i'm used to FPS. imagine what this is going to do to people who have never played a FPS. i don't know how that's going to work. seems kind of gimmicky.

the movie looks completely horrible to me so far....its a shame too, because the rock is one of my favorite actors...oh well, i'll still buy it...but i wont even think about seeing it at the movies

bread's done
Back