Doom XBLA Code

Cheeseknight28

CAGiversary!
Hello everyone,

Is there anywhere you can still buy Doom arcade codes from? Last I checked it was still removed from the Arcade and Gamestop is no longer selling them either. I have a confession; I've never actually played Doom and it's something I really feel like I need to do so I figure I may as well play the best version (Is it the best? It should have the improved graphics of the 32x and the music of the SNES, logically).

If anywhere still sells these things I would greatly appreciate someone giving me a link. I recently snagged Marble Blast Ultra off Gamestop's website which worked like a charm.

Last edited by a moderator:
The XBLA version is a port of the version that was included as a bonus for Doom 3 Collector's Edition (Xbox) and also appeared in Doom 3 Resurrection of Evil (Xbox), both of which are backwards compatible for Xbox 360. The only difference of course is that there aren't Achievements in the original Xbox versions.

Honestly, you're better off playing the PC version with mouse aiming and fast weapon switching. But if you really need it on a console, try tracking down one of those original Xbox Doom 3 games I mentioned.

I own the XBLA version. I heard that you can "recommend" games to friends and they can download them from you.

I have no idea if this is true, but if so I would be willing to "Friend" you on XBL and then recommend Doom to you.

Not exactly what you asked for, but I think you might have better luck looking for a Collectors Edition of Doom 3 for the original Xbox - which is 360 compatible and, I think comes with Doom 1, Doom 2, ect...

Also, I think the same content might have been included with Resurrection Of Evil - the expansion, but I am not sure.

Just a thought.

Main reason I wanted the Arcade version was for the achievements (Maybe that was obvious?), but I'll pick it up during the Steam sale that should be up any day now if all else fails.

@Haggar, my Gamertag is in my profile and I'd be happy to give that a shot. I've never heard of such a technique but it's worth a try.

[quote name='Cheeseknight28']Last I checked it was still removed from the Arcade and Gamestop is no longer selling them either.[/QUOTE]

Did you physically go into a Gamestop? They won't be on the website but mine still has the actual cards on the rack.

[quote name='Cheeseknight28']It should have the improved graphics of the 32x and the music of the SNES, logically).[/QUOTE]

It doesn't, but that's a very good thing. It's one of those originals you just shouldn't mess with. The music really makes it and, in my opinion, it's crap on every port except 3DO and Playstation. The Playstation version has entirely redesigned sound and it's virtually a different game because of it. It's kind of amazing, actually.

[quote name='Haggar']I own the XBLA version. I heard that you can "recommend" games to friends and they can download them from you.

I have no idea if this is true, but if so I would be willing to "Friend" you on XBL and then recommend Doom to you.[/QUOTE]

Can you do the same for me? Please?

bread's done
Back