DOOM3 at Walmart

It's also that store only. How do I know? My store has it for $49.88. Still $5 cheaper than most places, but.

Check around, I'd be willing to bet that someone else near that store has it on sale for $45 this week.

or pricematch c.c. there (if walmart is closer). They're not supposed to take anything except the hardcopy of the ad, but my clerk took a black and white print out of the one online (you're not supposed to).

I'm surprised with their "high morale standards" that they would sell Doom3. Is this to help their sales of shotguns?

lol

Actually, milkman, as far as I can tell, the ONLY reason that Wal-Mart only carries 'edited'/'clean' versions of CDs is money.

Think about it. The #1 listener of most popular music, especially rock/rap/r&b, is going to be children and teenagers.

An increasing percentage of these releases are ... well, let's just say that in the days before radio edits that they wouldn't have EVER gotten on the radio.

Wal-Mart has a choice: They can either ID people for un-edited music...or force the record labels to make 'clean' versions for sale in their stores, and thus sell a MUCH larger number of albums.

Money is all it comes down to. Games and R-Rated movies aren't purchased quite as often by teenagers, by comparison.

[quote name='da_milkman']I'm surprised with their "high morale standards" that they would sell Doom3. Is this to help their sales of shotguns?

lol[/quote]

Those shotguns are for hunting and shooting the local crackhead when he tries to break in your house. lol

[quote name='souNReAL']who would buy an edited version of an album??

who i say?!!?[/quote]

who knows?

editing is good and bad, if a song has one or two words and isn't noticeable when edited its good so everyone can enjoy the music. if it's emeniem,(edited versions of his albums still deserve P.A.)you can notice the words and the music becomes choppy.

if you buy an edited version, it's like a trial copy, the full copy is when it just plays without cuts.

one thing i hate about edits, when an album doesn't say edited copy on the cover, it should be requried that this be done, i have found very few but have bought a few i had no clue about.
i don't keep up with every band and if this or that has a P.A. so make it easy for me

one thing i hate about edits, when an album doesn't say edited copy on the cover, it should be requried that this be done, i have found very few but have bought a few i had no clue about.
i don't keep up with every band and if this or that has a P.A. so make it easy for me

Well if you buy it from Wal-Mart and it's edited it will have a black a white edited text by the price of the CD.

[quote name='fireball343'][quote name='souNReAL']who would buy an edited version of an album??

who i say?!!?[/quote]

who knows?

editing is good and bad, if a song has one or two words and isn't noticeable when edited its good so everyone can enjoy the music. if it's emeniem,(edited versions of his albums still deserve P.A.)you can notice the words and the music becomes choppy.

if you buy an edited version, it's like a trial copy, the full copy is when it just plays without cuts.

i don't keep up with every band and if this or that has a P.A. so make it easy for me[/quote]

My problem is when they screw up and label the album as PA in the system when it isn't. I was at "Hastings" one day and KRS One's newest album was NOT Explicit because I checked to make sure and for some reason in "Hastings" system it was labeled as such and I talked to them VERY thoroughly to get them to remove it since I didn't want it to hurt sales of KRS's album.

bread's done
Back