Doshin the Giant for GC?

locutus411

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Does anyone know where I could import the European (not the Japanese) version of Doshin the Giant for Gamecube. It has been out a long time now so I am hoping I can find it somewhere for a reasonable price.

the game is about 28$ from dvdcrave.com
single item shipping is 4.50$
i thought about ordering it but...
if it was 18 i would totally do it.
one of these days i will spring for it.

Is it any good, those of you who've played it? I remember reading about it a long time ago, and completely forgot about it...

It's a fun game similar to Black and White. I just sold my copy on ebay, but that is a good place to find it.

It's ok. No where near as deep as black and white (I love that game). It got boring VERY fast, but for 20-25 bucks it's worth a try at least to see if you love it.

[quote name='AngellicLulu']I got a copy on ebay for 20 (shipped) 6 months ago.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/ might be your best bet, not positive if it can be shipped to US. I think so though. You can do some more research.[/QUOTE]

They have it, but once you try to checkout, it gives you an error. Elsewhere, it says that all marketplace sellers can NOT sell video games to customers in the U.S.

Horrible site.

[quote name='blandstalker']They have it, but once you try to checkout, it gives you an error. Elsewhere, it says that all marketplace sellers can NOT sell video games to customers in the U.S.

Horrible site.[/QUOTE]

Duh.

Things have region encoding and say things like "For Sale Only In Country XXX" for a reason.

Yeah, that's pretty weird since there was a European release yet no US release. Come on... the GC's starving for some games to fill in gaps!

[quote name='Friedle']Duh.

Things have region encoding and say things like "For Sale Only In Country XXX" for a reason.[/QUOTE]

What reason is that, professor?

IF you happen to be in England this game is dirt cheap. A friend in London got it for it for a very good price from TRU.

As for why this game didnt get a US release, Nintendo decide to let US have animal crossing while PAL get Doshin. However AC did so well that it also get a PAL release.

[quote name='scdoanintendo']Do you need anything to allow you to play this on a US system?[/QUOTE]

Yes. You need a FreeLoader.

[quote name='rabbitt']Yes. You need a FreeLoader.[/QUOTE]

So would the price for a Pal version of Doshin and freeloader would be around $60 or so?

[quote name='Friedle']Things have region encoding and say things like "For Sale Only In Country XXX" for a reason.
[quote name='_heretic']What reason is that, professor?[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Licensing, mainly. I don't think Doshin the Giant isn't a good example of why, but any game with music or other 'protected content' has to be licensed by area or the owning companies have a fit.

That's the official reason, anyway. They also want to discourage importing because they want you to buy it in your home area. Of course in this case, that's not possible.

[quote name='62t']IF you happen to be in England this game is dirt cheap. A friend in London got it for it for a very good price from TRU.

As for why this game didnt get a US release, Nintendo decide to let US have animal crossing while PAL get Doshin. However AC did so well that it also get a PAL release.[/QUOTE]

It was actually that America got Cubivore and Europe didn't I think.

bread's done
Back