Dota 2 Beta Registration!

[quote name='HeSaveDave']I keep seeing people talk about DOTA and even after going to the website I have no idea what DOTA stands for if anything.[/QUOTE]
Defense of the Ancients

DOTA was popular with WC3. yes it was not a game but a map that needed to be run with wc3.
Wc3 was flooded with games to the point that the list was pretty much filled with DOTA.
ugh.

There is also a song by Basshunter called DOTA btw.

[quote name='HeSaveDave']I keep seeing people talk about DOTA and even after going to the website I have no idea what DOTA stands for if anything.[/QUOTE]
If you would've googled it, the second result is the Defense of the Ancients wikipedia entry.

Thanks for the heads up, signed up.

I wonder if it'll go by how long you've been a Steam member, I really hope so.

[quote name='TraBuch']If you would've googled it, the second result is the Defense of the Ancients wikipedia entry.[/QUOTE]

You missed my point. The DOTA website doesn't tell you what DOTA stands for.

nice! signed up! now with any luck i will get into the beta but it will be during a time that I am going to be away from my computer for a week or something along those lines, just like with Old Republic.

[quote name='HeSaveDave']You missed my point. The DOTA website doesn't tell you what DOTA stands for.[/QUOTE]
AFAIK, Valve has only trademarked "DOTA" and not "Defense of the Ancients" so the game is DOTA and in this iteration, it doesn't really stand for anything.

i havent been this excited for a game reveal since pokemon in the 6th grade.

Goodbye heroes of newerth, you were a good game, ruined by shit corporation S2.

BRING ON THE GOODS VALVE!

This is my most anticipated game of 2011 by a long shot... and that's saying something considering that this is one hell of a year for games.

For those interested, the reveal tournament for this begins at 3AM central time wed. I'm staying up!

[quote name='fujimitsu']This is my most anticipated game of 2011 by a long shot... and that's saying something considering that this is one hell of a year for games.

For those interested, the reveal tournament for this begins at 3AM central time wed. I'm staying up![/QUOTE]

So that's what, 4 AM EST? Well at least it doesn't cut in with GSL :D

So where is the deal? Being the deals section I guess I expected one. We have a section for FREE stuff though thats just below this one.

but i like this forum better :cool:

[quote name='fujimitsu']This is my most anticipated game of 2011 by a long shot... and that's saying something considering that this is one hell of a year for games.

For those interested, the reveal tournament for this begins at 3AM central time wed. I'm staying up![/QUOTE]
i am more interested in the new Counter Strike :bouncy: but i think it comes in early 2012

BF who?
CoD who?

GOTY right there folks

[quote name='gargus']So where is the deal? Being the deals section I guess I expected one. We have a section for FREE stuff though thats just below this one.[/QUOTE]

God there's always one troll to ruin everyones fun.

gtfo

Speaking of DotA games, you should all check out Progenitor: Prologue here. It's an Xbox Live Indie Game, $3, and is the first on consoles =). It is pretty cool too, tho not quite as pretty as DOTA 2

[quote name='Tallkido']registered thanks but i never played dota lol[/QUOTE]

"HES DOWNLOADING THE MAP!?!??! KICK HIM AND BAN THAT SONOFA"

lol it was like that in wc3...
damn elitists

You guys think the beta will be released this month? I mean the game must be ready with them hosting and $1.5 million + tourney for it starting tomorrow.

[quote name='thisboywillbreak']Is there supposed to be live video? It just keeps showing the "DOTA 2 Championships" logo over and over again.[/QUOTE]

i'm watching the first match live right now. they had what seemed to be like network issues and they had the game paused for a good 10 minutes or so, but it's streaming perfectly now.

odd future. i'm dying for some new Earl material, wherever that guy is. that kid is sick.

bread's done
Back