DOTD Amazon YaKuza 39.99

H2ompire

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
http://www.amazon.com/Yakuza-4-Playstation-3/dp/B003QX4F7C/ref=br_lf_m_1000208101_1_1_ttl?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&s=videogames&pf_rd_p=1292226742&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_t=1401&pf_rd_i=1000208101&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0Q8YR6VZC9E75QTM0Q3Q

$39.99 at amazon with free super saver shipping. Its the deal of the day and ends at midnight pacific time.

Yakuza 4 39.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks OP! Bought it from Amazon.com seeing how its already been 2 weeks since I ordered from BestBuy.com and they have YET to ship my copy. >_>

I just started playing Yakuza 3 yesterday. My Dead Space 2 arrived yesterday and is unopened. I have Portal 2 pre-ordered. Should I buy Yakuza 4 at $39.99 or wait for a price drop?

This is the deal of the day! Great price for anyone remotely interested in underground japanese culture. I beat it last weekend and it was so much fun!!

Great story, great characters, TONS of sidequests!!

[quote name='heyheyhey11']Careful. The listed seller is third party. So look on the right of the page and click amazon's option.[/QUOTE]

Don't really see this as an issue. It's fulfilled by Amazon, which means that the product just sits in Amazon's warehouse and they do all the handling of it.

Canceled my Best Buy order (this is the second order that Best Buy has lost from me, because they were too slow to fulfill) and purchased the game from Amazon.

[quote name='heyheyhey11']Careful. The listed seller is third party. So look on the right of the page and click amazon's option.[/QUOTE]

Thats a savvy seller. If you have your items fulfilled by amazon, you could snipe amazons deal of the day and probably get the sales. I'm going to change the link to the deal of the day page for now.

[quote name='JSiggy']This is the deal of the day! Great price for anyone remotely interested in underground japanese culture. I beat it last weekend and it was so much fun!!

Great story, great characters, TONS of sidequests!![/QUOTE]

How do you feel it compares to the 3rd one? I played through Yakuza 3 last year and found it to really drag during anything other than the core story; and the rewards for doing "side quests" were extremely minimal. Other than the multiple story arcs, does the 4th installment do anything to make it feel worth exploring all the extra stuff?

[quote name='luxarific']Canceled my Best Buy order (this is the second order that Best Buy has lost from me, because they were too slow to fulfill) and purchased the game from Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Just canned the order. 2 weeks and still hasn't shipped to store. Oh well, preferred Amazon anyway. ;)

[quote name='Japakneez']Thats a savvy seller. If you have your items fulfilled by amazon, you could snipe amazons deal of the day and probably get the sales. I'm going to change the link to the deal of the day page for now.[/QUOTE]

it is by a third party but the order is fulfilled by Amazon. Checking out their feedback, there should be no problems since that compant "Its Your Turn" has made a ton of transactions and none are really negative.

[quote name='AwRy108']How do you feel it compares to the 3rd one? I played through Yakuza 3 last year and found it to really drag during anything other than the core story; and the rewards for doing "side quests" were extremely minimal. Other than the multiple story arcs, does the 4th installment do anything to make it feel worth exploring all the extra stuff?[/QUOTE]

Yakuza 3 was my first entry to the Yakuza series, and when I got it last year I almost stopped playing.

A couple months later I picked it up again and beat the game within a few days.

4 got me from the start & I never put it down. I think switching between the characters kept everything fresh, and I really enjoyed doing sidequests in this one more than 3. I think I got 52/64 on my first playthrough.

IMO it is totally worth $40

So in the end, 3 had more places to go besides Kamurocho, but 4 has different characters & rooftops & sewers... so yeah, if you don't have a huge backlog, go for it :D

The story is QUITE hotblooded and it does things very well explaining the event and outcome of the first game. It pretty much did what Phantasy Star IV on genesis did, it bring the story to a near full circle..

Is it better than yakuza 2 ? Because I played all three yakuza game and out of the three, I must say the second was better of the three.

Nothing was cut, all the mini games, hostress bar, and manage your own hostress bar mini game in 2 was great. Long epic story, two new places to explore, everything was great. So with second outing on ps3 is better than yakuza 2?

[quote name='heyheyhey11']Is it better than yakuza 2 ? Because I played all three yakuza game and out of the three, I must say the second was better of the three.

Nothing was cut, all the mini games, hostress bar, and manage your own hostress bar mini game in 2 was great. Long epic story, two new places to explore, everything was great. So with second outing on ps3 is better than yakuza 2?[/QUOTE]

this^ Yakuza 2 is the best out of the 3, even though I thoroughly enjoyed them all. I think I'll pick this up for $25 in 6 months or so...still have to play through dragon age :D

I've played thru the first 3, 2 is definitely my favorite.

but I am playing thru 4 rite now, and it's definitely reaching Y2 levels of awesome!!

I love it and always look forward to playing more of it every day!!

so yes!!! get this game!!!

bread's done
Back